Scott Wright verdict?

AberfeldyBlue

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He was hardly invisible, the lad he was up against was very decent, Kent as usual done a power of work and had a good few decent runs, like I said their right back Tezer( I think ) was no Diddy and was a good defender 

Agree about the right back he was big, athletic and very hard to get better off.

Find it bizarre that anytime this is the case he has never ever that I can remember been asked to go have a go at other full back. 

19 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

He dribbled past 3 men 90 minutes into the game.

…then lost possession.

I loved his impact last season in Europe but a decent right back doubling up with his right sided midfield mate and the door down our left side is shut tight to Barisic and Kent.

Perhaps Ridvan will revitalise Kent because everyone and his dug has seen what we currently do down the left and they’ve all easily adapted to nullify it.

29 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He was hardly invisible, the lad he was up against was very decent, Kent as usual done a power of work and had a good few decent runs, like I said their right back Tezer( I think ) was no Diddy and was a good defender 

We are just far, far too predictable down the left. Really doesn’t take a top quality right back to nullify us.

I can only assume that Gio sees a more defensive / tactically aware work ethic than Matondo and didn’t want to risk Tav getting overloaded 2v1 if he went for Matondo over Wright.

What I can’t understand is that Wright and Kamara were waiting to come on before the free kick. I can almost understand bringing them on at 2-1 and making sure we don’t concede again but at 1-1 they were the wrong subs for me and when it went to 2-2 we were more set up not to concede another than have a go at winning.

Our second half was crying out for Arfield’s workrate and late runs picking up seconds in the box and Matondo to turn them on the break. In fact I would have had Tillman off at half time and brought Matondo on then and shifted Lawrence centrally.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

On Wright, I've never seen a winger commit so many fouls against him.

Because he's at least a yard behind the players he's up against every time at this level. 

It's actually incredible Gio brought him on tonight. Still stunned at it tbh. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Because he's at least a yard behind the players he's up against every time at this level. 

It's actually incredible Gio brought him on tonight. Still stunned at it tbh. 

I was fuming at him when he didn't put that ball in the box in the 90th minute, 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I was fuming at him when he didn't put that ball in the box in the 90th minute, 

He also turned a promising attack into a counter attack for PSV when he leathered it across the box at Colak and set them off. 

A total fuck up from Gio. 

I want to like Wright and I can’t help but feel there’s a player in there 

However he has an almost impossible habit of always making the wrong decision in the final third. You’d expect him to at least luck into taking the right option at some point but he never does 

Usually brings an energy to the team when he comes on as a sub but fuck me his decision making and final ball leave a LOT to be desired. That one tonight where he passed it straight to a PSV player rather than whip in a cross unopposed in the dying minutes was mind boggling 

If he is “more than good enough to do a job” as so many claim in here then there’s players in every cannon fodder team in the SPL good enough to do a job for us. We all know that isn’t true. Cunts need to face facts that this boy is utter dug meat. Absolutely honking that Gio wouldn’t trust his own signing in Matondo over him tonight, and that’s  saying nothing of the Buff.

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Not sure why Matondo wasn’t brought on. 

Think it can only be because Gio was concerned about his tracking back 

First 20/30 minutes I thought Lawrence was leaving Tav exposed to Gakpo with Max overlapping in a 2 on 1 quite often. We seemed to sort that out as the game went on so maybe Gio didn’t fancy risking it becoming a problem again with Matondo on 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Think it can only be because Gio was concerned about his tracking back 

First 20/30 minutes I thought Lawrence was leaving Tav exposed to Gakpo with Max overlapping in a 2 on 1 quite often. We seemed to sort that out as the game went on so maybe Gio didn’t fancy risking it becoming a problem again with Matondo on 

Gakpo was dangerous the entire night, would hope we can think of a plan to nullify him in the way they nullified Kent.

Personally think Wright recently has been decent, not great but not shite, unfortunately last night he looked wildly out of his depth.

27 minutes ago, ayro said:

Gakpo was dangerous the entire night, would hope we can think of a plan to nullify him in the way they nullified Kent.

Personally think Wright recently has been decent, not great but not shite, unfortunately last night he looked wildly out of his depth.

We needed an impact player off the bench last night. Wright is not that player. Seen enough now. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

We needed an impact player off the bench last night. Wright is not that player. Seen enough now. 

We needed more than Wright and Kamara coming on as we were under the cosh and they were finishing the stronger team which showed the effort we had put in earlier, think GvB decided to stick with what we had as both Wright and Kamara struggled to make any positive impression.

11 hours ago, rossco87 said:

I can only assume that Gio sees a more defensive / tactically aware work ethic than Matondo and didn’t want to risk Tav getting overloaded 2v1 if he went for Matondo over Wright.

What I can’t understand is that Wright and Kamara were waiting to come on before the free kick. I can almost understand bringing them on at 2-1 and making sure we don’t concede again but at 1-1 they were the wrong subs for me and when it went to 2-2 we were more set up not to concede another than have a go at winning.

Our second half was crying out for Arfield’s workrate and late runs picking up seconds in the box and Matondo to turn them on the break. In fact I would have had Tillman off at half time and brought Matondo on then and shifted Lawrence centrally.

Aye this was my shout as well