Scott Wright verdict?

AberfeldyBlue

17 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I actually don't like him playing on the right I think it takes a little bit away from Tav's game. Same goes for Sakala when he plays out right.

I actually think for the relatively small wage and homegrown status he is fine and a good squad player.

He's more suited for bigger games for me where Tav isn't expected to bomb forward as much. Decent player to have when a game is stretched and there is space to play in, though does need to improve his final decisions. Has improved in tracking back though and staying focused.

Think people don't see that he does a lot of work for the team off the ball too.

I don't like him. i don't know why. His touch is awful and his "football intelligence" is non existent but he has numbers as does Fashion.
Bizarre. Think we all just want him to be something he's not. He's a squad player and he pulls his weight enough. Maybe I shouldn't expect more as he's just a bit part player.

Think his biggest issue was shown up today. Him & Matondo weren’t great but Matondo gets 2 assists, Wright does nothing. Likewise, Sakala always brings numbers. He’s not going to cut it, particularly in games like that. We needed more goal threat into the team. Colak, Lawrence, Tillman, Matondo all seem to bring it, he doesn’t

I've given up on him ever improving his decision making, he's now played under various coaching staff and he still can't get his final ball right most of the time, I can't fault his effort and that gives him some plus points but I think until other priority positions get filled and then we can finally address the RW position with a better class of player he'll do a job for us just as long as we don't expect to much from him and accept him for the limited player he is.

I totally understand why people think he isn’t a world beater. He isn’t and he is far from our best player but over a season we need players like time to be successful. We need quad players who get the club, have a good work rate, won’t upset the dressing room etc. Guys like Hurlock or Nisbet would never have for near our side if it was purely on ability but they did important jobs for us at times. We should be grateful we have improved our squad, are unified and are winning games. 

28 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Think his biggest issue was shown up today. Him & Matondo weren’t great but Matondo gets 2 assists, Wright does nothing. Likewise, Sakala always brings numbers. He’s not going to cut it, particularly in games like that. We needed more goal threat into the team. Colak, Lawrence, Tillman, Matondo all seem to bring it, he doesn’t

A mean what else do people want from Matondo today. Even first half he beat his man twice and got to the byline before putting in a cross. Two assists and cracked the bar. Wasn't unplayable but nobody would have had any gripes if he was given motm.

I always think he's better than the vast majority on here seem to. He made some decent runs today and created some chances. He drives us forward and works hard.

His level of effort is not backed up by a great success rate, but don't see why that can't improve. Before anyone says it yes I know he's 25 and not a young player finding his feet. 

17 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

A mean what else do people want from Matondo today. Even first half he beat his man twice and got to the byline before putting in a cross. Two assists and cracked the bar. Wasn't unplayable but nobody would have had any gripes if he was given motm.

He was probably my MOTM as well. Just think he’s got more in him. Wasn’t a criticism

I think Wright is utilised best as an impact sub. Someone fresh to run at people when legs are tired.

I'm just not a fan. He doesn't do enough when given opportunities. It's funny because in small moments he shows an explosive burst of pace and can be direct but he doesn't get involved enough for me. Canny understand how people can say he was good today.

He’s had a poor start to the season after a decent end to last.

Hes not good enough to be a starter and I know people don’t like Sakala but I can’t see how Wright has been given these minutes this season while Sakala hasn’t kicked a ball and his contribution has been awful.