*****The Offical Hibs v Rangers Match Thread*****

15 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

As much as it's going to be shite hearing, people need to get the idea of Morelos making us 15-20 million out their head. 

A fully fit, fully firing Morelos on a 3-4 year deal could maybe get us that but he's not been that player for the best part of 18 months, his league stats are bang average & if the petulance is coming back into his game then we're aswell taking what we can get and moving on

Spot on.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

VAR would clearly see it was not violent, as the whole Sky panel said, they would then ask colum to have another look and he'd realise he'd made a cunt of it and dig himself out of a hole by saying he was on the wrong side of tackle, seen it done many times in the EPL.

You realise its the same ref's doing VAR that are on the pitch in Scotland every week?

They'll very very rarely downgrade a straight red to a yellow, upgrade it maybe aye if the tackle is worse than expected but going against one of their own up here & even then you still have to trust Collum to admit he's made a mistake...

It might get rescinded on appeal with Collum out the way of it all and the atmosphere taken out the game but VAR wouldn't have changed that live.

31 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The performance was shite, we had 2 shots on target at that point, 1 from a moment of madness penalty from them. Aye you can't be playing well all the time but we haven't played well at all this season.

The reds are our own fault, especially Morelos, just a complete idiot.

I don't think anyone would expect that Lundstram foul to be a red.  Especially when he had been cynically fouled himself a couple of times in a similar manner.  

Our performance was good enough to be ahead and look in little danger.

34 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Mate it really wasn’t, we are brutal viewing against a Hivs team that are shite 

Yeah we weren't playing great but I more just meant the performance was enough to have us 2-1 up and Hibs weren't looking overly dangerous.  

I'm not overly thrilled with our setup at corners at all though and as comfortable as Sands was today, I'd still feel better with a Helander type in there.

12 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

When this happens it normally leads a getting a pumping then we self implode. Feels like it's brewing already.

Can see it coming tbh, sure they mentioned a stat today that we havent scored in the first 30 minutes of our last 9 league games, pretty nuts if true considering how much we dominate

Seem to let the first half drift by and then panic 2nd, can really see another tarrier first half pumping coming up if we keep going the way we are

10 minutes ago, delparlane said:

The difference is Gollum, and that should have been seared into the brains of our team ages ago. Doesn’t matter if it’s usually a yellow, as soon as it happened I knew Lundstrum would be off. As for Alfie… smh. If he hasn’t learned by now, he never fucking will.

So the difference is the referee and tge colour of jersey with Lundstram one. 

I agree.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I don't think anyone would expect that Lundstram foul to be a red.  Especially when he had been cynically fouled himself a couple of times in a similar manner.  

Our performance was good enough to be ahead and look in little danger.

We were ahead and maybe would've seen it out, the performance didn't deserve us to be ahead though.

Can play pish and get results then people look back and say aye well done we've ground out a good result...at the moment though that's all we're doing, not actually playing well at any point

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

This squad are miles away from being good enough to win the title - and that’s no overreaction. Our style of play is fucking awful 

I've said before, I've still no idea what kind of play we're trying to achieve, just looks like the best bits we had in our play have been watered down.

5 minutes ago, Swagger said:

This squad are miles away from being good enough to win the title - and that’s no overreaction. Our style of play is fucking awful 

This👍 Easiest away game out of the next 3 and we looked the usual last season away game shite

27 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Can see it coming tbh, sure they mentioned a stat today that we have scored in the first 30 minutes of our last 9 league games, pretty nuts if true considering how much we dominate

Seem to let the first half drift by and then panic 2nd, can really see another tarrier first half pumping coming up if we keep going the way we are

It's walking football. We try to gain control and bore teams into submission.

Anyone who shows a bit of pace, desire and attacking ability against us get chances.