Jon McLaughlin

DiamondDan

18 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If McLaughlin was to go back to Hearts tomorrow he’d be their 3rd choice keeper yet our manager thinks he’s good enough to be our number 1.

People need to stop rewriting history with McGregor as well, like a lot of his teammates last season he was gash outside the Europa League run. The “he would have saved 3 out of 4 yesterday” brigade should maybe rewatch the game against them from February.

Or look at Ross County away. He is finished

He cant play another game for us even the 1st goal he has to save that.

Srcond one makes it to easy for jota to make his mind up.

Id put mcgregor back in as the voard have shafted us again with failure to invest properly when it was needed and ive never seen a Rangers goallie so.far out his depth its frightening.

11 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Was desperate for him to play last season, thought mcgregor cost us the title. But he can't play again.

I wanted him to play as well due to shagger being glued to his goal line and McLaughlin coming for crosses,just shows you that the fans can be just as clueless as the manager.

He can’t remain after that shit show.

Just now, Dickie said:

I wanted him to play as well due to shagger being glued to his goal line and McLaughlin coming for crosses,just shows you that the fans can be just as clueless as the manager.

He can’t remain after that shit show.

Spot on , there was a reason he never got a game , hope he never plays for us again.

In many ways the GK situation perfectly sums up our lack/failure of transfer strategy since 55.

Coming off that season I think many would have expected McGregor to retire but he decided to stay one more year giving us the perfect opportunity to go sign a young replacement who could have then had a year to get settled in & play his way into the team. Instead we let it stagnate and now are left with needing to address the position with whoever comes in needing to hit the ground straight away.

Somehow the only position we haven’t fucked this in is at LB.  We identified and signed Bassey who showed exactly how we should be bringing someone in behind the first choice and letting them settle knowing they have the potential to be better than the player they are replacing. Thanks to someone finding the good Borna we can now let Yilmaz settle in for a period again.

Rather than gradually evolving the squad over the last three windows we have fucked around and now look like we need a pretty major overhaul.

I think McLaughlin is fine to challenge as a number 1, he’s made some good saves this season and in Europe saved us in both the USG and PSV ties. 

But, he shouldn’t be our only option as number 1. McGregor isn’t the answer, so we should’ve let him retire last summer and brought in another keeper to fight Jon for the number 1 jersey. 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

I think McLaughlin is fine to challenge as a number 1, made some good saves this season and in Europe saved us in both the USG and PSV ties. 

But, he shouldn’t be our only option as number 1. McGregor isn’t the answer, so we should’ve let him retire last summer and brought in another keeper to fight Jon for the number 1 jersey. 

After Saturday he can fuck off we need our No1 performing in these games Jon proved beyond any doubt that’s he’s nowhere near the level or mentality required

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

We need to give McLaughlin another chance.

How he responds to Saturday's setback will determine if he has the character to be our No1.

I said last night he should never play again but that was the rage kicking in.

He deserves a chance to rectify but anymore fuck ups like that then McGregor should be straight in.

A goalkeeper is a priority though in the next window

I thought after the semi he was the man, but he’s flung that opportunity to fuck now.

The whole fiasco with the 4th goal sums up what’s wrong, pedestrian football, no invention and a distinct lack of skill.

They harried & harried the out ball was up the park the twice it happened they fucked up, did we continue in that vein, did we fuck.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

He deserves a chance to rectify but anymore fuck ups like that then McGregor should be straight in.

McGregor starts for me , I dont want to see the guy again.

9 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

A GK was a priority in this window, but like many other positions, we've failed to address it. It isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

After Saturday he can fuck off we need our No1 performing in these games Jon proved beyond any doubt that’s he’s nowhere near the level or mentality required

Whilst I agree he should probably be dropped due to that performance, he’s not the first keeper to have a shocker in an OF game for us. 

McGregors chucked in goals against them in the past, but doesn’t mean he was nowhere near the level required.