Sack the board

GOAT

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

For many years we were an absolute basket case both off and on the park. However, to a large degree, we have recovered both off and on the park.

That is undeniable progress. We are on the right road.

thats what i was trying to say when talking about the twitter guy, he shut up a lot of noisy fans (and orcs who tried to twist his words) and pointed out while we may be back on the field it'll not be till next season when we will be back on the books

and i am no fan of the board

the mistake i think the board have made is by trying to play it safe by giving the older players like mcgregor roofe etc new contracts that will only cost us in the long run in money and trophies and not getting rid of the dead weight and bring in young hungry players on a lesser wage

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

For many years we were an absolute basket case both off and on the park. However, to a large degree, we have recovered both off and on the park.

That is undeniable progress. We are on the right road.

Think the point is to not to let this opportunity to keep progressing and improving pass is by - which is what feels like is happening.  If we want to keep up the European runs and to be successful most years (or all!) in Scotland we need to keep the focus on quality players, running the business well and holding people who make these decisions to account.

1 hour ago, johanvanhentze said:

Doesnt mean that other clubs will accept our "plans". Also.. we are paying our own installments for players from 2-3 years ago. 

I’m talking about agreed, structured plans for payment.

Rangers and Everton, for example, will have agreed a schedule of instalments.

Maybe something like 8m up front, another 2m on anniversary of deal etc plus whatever was agreed for add-ons.

Not Rangers dictating, I’m talking about a mutually agreed payment plan.

We should know what we still have to pay and when for players bought and when we’re due to receive instalments for players sold.

Depressing as fuck but I've pretty much switched off from it all now, just think to myself hopefully in a few years we can clear the absolute shite from the boardroom to the coaching staff to the squad and get this club to where it deserves to be. A CL regular that's able to compete at the highest levels. 

By fuck do I miss us scudding league dross and doing a respectable job in Europe. Genuinely can be emotionally draining keeping up with the shite we as fans put up with with this board of charlatons in charge.

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Depressing as fuck but I've pretty much switched off from it all now, just think to myself hopefully in a few years we can clear the absolute shite from the boardroom to the coaching staff to the squad and get this club to where it deserves to be. A CL regular that's able to compete at the highest levels. 

By fuck do I miss us scudding league dross and doing a respectable job in Europe. Genuinely can be emotionally draining keeping up with the shite we as fans put up with with this board of charlatons in charge.

To be fair, up until Gerrard we have never really been consistently decent in Europe.

Even during our 9 in a row and Advocaat era, we underperformed for the most part.

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thats what i was trying to say when talking about the twitter guy, he shut up a lot of noisy fans (and orcs who tried to twist his words) and pointed out while we may be back on the field it'll not be till next season when we will be back on the books

the mistake i think the board have made is by trying to play it safe by giving the older players like mcgregor roofe etc new contracts that will only cost us in the long run in money and trophies and not getting rid of the dead weight and bring in young hungry players on a lesser wage

The problem with this strategy is if the current trending comes to fruition we are looking at finishing 20 points behind Celtic with a tired squad that we haven't refreshed when needed. If the board think the criticism they are receiving now is harsh that will be a drop in the ocean compared with the end of the season at this rate

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“Against Napoli, I thought we showed we can compete. Take the Ajax game away because that was different.“

:lol: :ang:

I mean, what chance do we have with this guy as MD.

Its a mental thing to say.. I know we showed a bit more fight, but by fuck dont come out at put it like that when we lost 3-0.

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

They've been spending money consistently even before their player trading model kicked in and still have money in the bank that they don't touch. 

Their player trading model has been going for almost a decade now, ours only started this season 

We only sold something like 2 players for a profit since admin (until this summer) but have spent an absolute fortune on players

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Record Commercial Income (acc to Bisgrove)

Gerrard and staff

Patterson

Bassey

Aribo

EL money

CL money

That should lead to a monstrous turnover this season. If we can’t spend money on a midfielder this summer then i’m fucked if i know when we can.

Why have you counted money that will fall into last years accounts, and money that will fall into this years account, in the same turnover

EL money, patterson and gerrard is all up to june 30th this year, Aribo, bassey and CL money will be in the accounts up to june 30th next year

And given our running costs could be close to 75mill (maybe more) the profit wont be what people think

4 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

That guy’s an absolute fucking throbber

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why have you counted money that will fall into last years accounts, and money that will fall into this years account, in the same turnover

EL money, patterson and gerrard is all up to june 30th this year, Aribo, bassey and CL money will be in the accounts up to june 30th next year

And given our running costs could be close to 75mill (maybe more) the profit wont be what people think

I wasn’t doing it in financial year terms but if you want to be an arse like normal, don’t forget we were told by Robertson that we were heading for a  “positive profit” last November and that according to him, was without a player sale.

Oh, i think after the past two days firefighting by Bennett and that other arsehole people have a good idea what to expect now.

Be interesting to see what returns Edmiston House etc. generate when a lack of investment in the team has the mhanky mob wrap up title after title. Missed a nugget of an opportunity last summer because we fell asleep at the wheel thinking 55 was the be all and end all rather than moving onto dominance.  Seems the current board are ok with two trophies in 10 years and playing second fiddle to the other lot though. 

Business model has been poor for years so it seemed positive we had started to see good returns from player trading with the likes of Patterson and Bassey, only for them to then completely fuck up Morelos and Kent, sadly they don’t seem to learn, it really is still like amateur hour. Likewise, player trading was supposed to be reinvested in the playing squad. I get the comment about not judging a Rangers player in 6weeks but when we spend £10m+, they have to start games and sometimes you just know whether a player is going to be good enough or not and, again, sadly some haven’t been and aren’t. 

I have no confidence in Park, Robertson, Bennett, Wilson et al so take us in the direction we should be. 

15 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Be interesting to see what returns Edmiston House etc. generate when a lack of investment in the team has the mhanky mob wrap up title after title. Missed a nugget of an opportunity last summer because we fell asleep at the wheel thinking 55 was the be all and end all rather than moving onto dominance.  Seems the current board are ok with two trophies in 10 years and playing second fiddle to the other lot though. 

Business model has been poor for years so it seemed positive we had started to see good returns from player trading with the likes of Patterson and Bassey, only for them to then completely fuck up Morelos and Kent, sadly they don’t seem to learn, it really is still like amateur hour. Likewise, player trading was supposed to be reinvested in the playing squad. I get the comment about not judging a Rangers player in 6weeks but when we spend £10m+, they have to start games and sometimes you just know whether a player is going to be good enough or not and, again, sadly some haven’t been and aren’t. 

I have no confidence in Park, Robertson, Bennett, Wilson et al so take us in the direction we should be. 

What happens to player trading next summer?

I mean who the fuck is going to be the 2023 sale for us.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What happens to player trading next summer?

I mean who the fuck is going to be the 2023 sale for us.

Who knows mate, mismanagement this summer looks hugely worrying for next summer when 2 will walk for nothing and the “pensioners” extended this year will not be renewed.