The other mob

MisterC

4 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

If we had been shit in Europe for the last 6 years or so I wonder how much less money the filth would have. Sickening that our success has paved the way for their riches by allowing them direct access (and of course our failure to finish ahead of them)

We can but hope their signing policy is shit. However they even seem to manage to move on their shit for a decent fee.

Yeh absolute shite the way it’s worked out. Post Xmas European runs massively disadvantaged us domestically and laid titles on their plate.

And they’ve reaped the financial rewards from our European success. Sick irony

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think their fixtures are that great. How many wins do they need because I can’t see them winning any of their away fixtures 

Folk were saying 8/9 points is likely to get you a Play-Off spot.

26 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

It's unfortunately role reversal from the 90s when we were signing Laudrup, Boli and Gascoigne and they were signing League 1 players like Andy Paton and Stuart Slater. We need really good scouting to unearth some gems. Aside from that, money talks. 

It’s absolutely fuck all like the 90s with the names you just mentioned :lol:

4 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

It's unfortunately role reversal from the 90s when we were signing Laudrup, Boli and Gascoigne and they were signing League 1 players like Andy Paton and Stuart Slater. We need really good scouting to unearth some gems. Aside from that, money talks. 

Comparing laudrup and gazza to some mid tier Belgian playing for a lower end German team?

Fucking fuck me.

11 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

You’ll need to point out their current equivalents of Laudrup and Gascoigne for us? 

For all the money they have, their ceiling is capped. They’ll lose their better players and guys like Hatate and CCV will get bored and want a move themselves.

It’s a good but not great team. It’s pretty conceivable they get 90 points. Especially if they don’t get pumped out of Europe early.

The problem is we’ve dropped to an 80 point a year standard.  

It shouldn’t need 30 million to get us competitive. Just a bit of long term thinking and smart recruitment. 

21 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

For all the money they have, their ceiling is capped. They’ll lose their better players and guys like Hatate and CCV will get bored and want a move themselves.

It’s a good but not great team. It’s pretty conceivable they get 90 points. Especially if they don’t get pumped out of Europe early.

The problem is we’ve dropped to an 80 point a year standard.  

It shouldn’t need 30 million to get us competitive. Just a bit of long term thinking and smart recruitment. 

They won’t go out of Europe early, it goes on until end of Jan now because of the 8 group games. Plus they have an absolute piss easy draw (watch, we’ll get a tougher Europa draw today than theirs) which means they’ll make the play off round if they win 2-3 home games. 

That’s annoying as it makes them a fuck tonne of money, but they also aren’t used to any football post Xmas, which has benefitted them domestically. 

We need to get 2-3 first teamers in today, stay in the hunt until Jan, hopefully strengthen then whilst they lose another key player, then hopefully win the run in. Said it time and time again, but that’s what they did under fat Ange in his first season and it worked. 

Not buying this pish that we can’t compete with them, it really shouldn’t be that difficult to build a side to match their results against the dross in this league which means the title will come down to the head to heads we have proven in the past in Europe that we can compete with sides with much bigger budgets than ours, it’s about building a squad with the attributes to counter theirs, this doesn’t need to cost a fortune. 

14 hours ago, B1872 said:

Just seen the scums Champions League fixtures. Even they cunts couldn’t fuck that up…….. in fact they probably could! :lol:

They are the only team (to my knowledge) to get bumped out of three different European competitions in one season. 

Saw they've bid for McCowan. Trusty and somebody else also mentioned as being "close" to signing. Contrast with us scrambling around the bargain basement for project players or ones that not even football uber geeks have heard of. Scunnered at the role reversal since I was a kid/teenager 

10 minutes ago, Madina said:

Saw they've bid for McCowan. Trusty and somebody else also mentioned as being "close" to signing. Contrast with us scrambling around the bargain basement for project players or ones that not even football uber geeks have heard of. Scunnered at the role reversal since I was a kid/teenager 

We're we not linked with Trusty in the summer or maybe it was last summer.

11 minutes ago, Madina said:

Mccowan would be classed as bargain basement surely 

4 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He's high end retail compared to the players we've been linked with this summer. McCowan would help them meet the homegrown quota and a decent player. 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

He's high end retail compared to the players we've been linked with this summer. McCowan would help them meet the homegrown quota and a decent player. 

So he's high end and the players we've been linked with this summer have all been shite despite the careers some of the players we've been linked with have had compared to him,? 

10 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

So he's high end and the players we've been linked with this summer have all been shite despite the careers some of the players we've been linked with have had compared to him,? 

Some players can have careers at great clubs then come to the Scottish top flight and struggle. I'm not saying McCowan is a world beater but he knows the league and is probably one of the best Scottish players in the league right now 

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Some players can have careers at great clubs then come to the Scottish top flight and struggle. I'm not saying McCowan is a world beater but he knows the league and is probably one of the best Scottish players in the league right now 

He's nearly 27 and spent most of his career in the championship with Ayr United and Dundee

He had a decent season last season but he's hardly high end ffs

Some of our fans have a raging hard on for everything the tarriers do and seem to love kicking Rangers

I'd rather sign Bajrani than McCowan but each to their own

58 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

We should have been in there last week the minute it was clear Hibs were fucking about.