The other mob

MisterC

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That surface at rugby park complies with FIFA standards? Fuck me.

53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

...but who actually monitors and regulates the pitch at Killie? 

I've played on that park for a work / charity thing, it has really small tears in the pitch in some places. I don't believe for a second it complies with the required standards. I'm sure when it was laid, it did - but we're a few years on from when they put it down, aren't we? 

They also never, ever water it - which is probably a bigger issue than the pitch itself. That's what causes the ball (and boots) to get stuck. 

22 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I've played on that park for a work / charity thing, it has really small tears in the pitch in some places. I don't believe for a second it complies with the required standards. I'm sure when it was laid, it did - but we're a few years on from when they put it down, aren't we? 

They also never, ever water it - which is probably a bigger issue than the pitch itself. That's what causes the ball (and boots) to get stuck. 

Checked annually. Will have been done over the summer/towards the end of last season if there was no plans to relay it. Was genuinely surprised at how much detail they go into when doing licensing checks for 23/24 awards. 

Not watering it/brushing the crumb and keeping it pretty much level across the pitch can fuck it. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Level things? Nah, just find excuses about the pitch pathetic. Guys earning five figures a week and they can’t play on a certain type of pitch. Load of bollocks imo

Of course it does.

If it didn't and there was no benefit in actual grass, every club I'm the world would have astro instead of grass.

Do you suggest we should dig up Ibrox and instal a full plastic pitch? If not, why not?

Why is astro not used in the EPL?

Players who are particularly technical, with close control, the more skilled players who play for better teams will struggle on an artificial pitch more than they will on a grass pitch for the majority of the season.

The artificial surface will suit teams who hoof the ball and take the pitch out of the equation, especially when they play the technical teams who pay their players far more.

This does not make them favourites when they play us, but it narrows the gap. To deny this is just a bit daft.

It's a known tactic to make your pitch as shite as possible when playing a technical opponent to narrow the skill gap and introduce more unpredictability.

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I agree the pitches should be in the bin but surprisingly they had the sprinklers on at ht in their game yesterday 

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Of course it does.

If it didn't and there was no benefit in actual grass, every club I'm the world would have astro instead of grass.

Do you suggest we should dig up Ibrox and instal a full plastic pitch? If not, why not?

Why is astro not used in the EPL?

Players who are particularly technical, with close control, the more skilled players who play for better teams will struggle on an artificial pitch more than they will on a grass pitch for the majority of the season.

The artificial surface will suit teams who hoof the ball and take the pitch out of the equation, especially when they play the technical teams who pay their players far more.

This does not make them favourites when they play us, but it narrows the gap. To deny this is just a bit daft.

It's a known tactic to make your pitch as shite as possible when playing a technical opponent to narrow the skill gap and introduce more unpredictability.

Compete myth

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye - and the standards for Astro are considerably higher than grass where it basically just needs to be kinda level and drain ok. 

Mate you argue some strange topics. Fair enough you brought up the stats to show we have done well on astro. Which I was surprised at in fairness but to be debating now that astro turf is decent enough for professional football is a lot of shite and you are 100% disagreeing for the sake of it. 

Just now, Finny said:

Mate you argue some strange topics. Fair enough you brought up the stats to show we have done well on astro. Which I was surprised at in fairness but to be debating now that astro turf is decent enough for professional football is a lot of shite and you are 100% disagreeing for the sake of it. 

Absolute nonsense.