*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Didn't like him for months but I think Lundstram was alright in the circumstances tonight. Showed a bit of fight which is really all we were looking for from all the rest of them. 

Good few fuck-ups in possession mind you.

At least Lundstram got in the face of a Liverpool player, showing his anger with a minute to go. He gets it.

Matondo swapped shirts.

10 pages still to go, can't be arsed reading them tonight. Totally,absolutely scunnered after that performance.

If Gio has any ounce of loyalty to Rangers then he MUST resign now. Don't wait to be sacked - just walk, we've had enough.

Thanks for trying to make us a better team but you and the rest of your backroom team just don't have it to lead us forward.

I've said my piece, now it's time for bed. Don't know if I can sleep but I can only try.

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Lundstrom all night 🤢

Davis positioning at the 3rd goal 🤢

barasic at salahs goal🤢

McGregor not catching the ball for the first🤢

king at the second goal🤢

Kent never beat that left back once🤢

arfields miss on half time🤢

colak no fkn composure at that pass back at 1 nil up🤢

jack like glass 🤢

Tav constantly giving it away🤢

what a pathetic set of players

Sakala on 4 minutes being a headless chicken and not cutting the ball back for Colak

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lundstram in both games has been diabolical.

So far out his depth.

He has been but I think you could work a midfield with Lundstram, you just need 2 players who can actually play football next to him, he does the donkey work and lays it off to them, works for teams around the world.

In our midfield, he's supposed to be the one who can pass and actually play football...that's the issue.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

At least Lundstram got in the face of a Liverpool player, showing his anger with a minute to go. He gets it.

Matondo swapped shirts.

He was like a wee puppy having his tummy tickled tonight. He can fuck off as well.

Shite all season so far, shite for the first half of last season, as well.  Second half of last season was superb, but not enough.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck me , this the same guy thats been carnage in so many big games for us since he signed ? That whole backline bar King should be hunted from the club , they have all underperformed for years and the reason we have won next to fuck all in the last 4-5 years.

Goldson and Davies were having an excellent game before the injury, and King was chronic when he came on. 

Absolute fucking garbage tonight despite starting off very well the passing at times was horrendous they've obviously learned fuck all from their previous mishaps borne out of shitshow lazy management to even demand a standard from these players .

All those goals conceded this far should be fucking rammed down their throats only GVB clearly isn't up to it or this fucking embarrassment of a season would've been avoided to a greater extent had he kept in place what SG had built in the run up to last season .

He has to go that tonight was unacceptable and as meek a surrender as I've seen from a Rangers team .

Its clear a lot of those players haven't given a fuck because they've been getting away with it from a manager team also not giving a fuck collectively they've blown just about chance of a Europa League placing and with that level of output  it is probably for the best that they don't embarrass the club any further .

The board have a decision to make and it needs made pronto as it's time to get these lazy bastards off their arse and start earning the right to the massive wages and privilege of playing for Rangers FC they are dragging this club down just about every one of that starting eleven were a fucking disgrace .

I’m not a fan of Gios tactics. I’m the first one to criticize for how negative his style is. However this result is not on him. This is on the board. You cannot go into champions league, make the additions we did, and expect something. 
Say what you will about him but we’re 2 points off tops and playing better stuff domestically. We are a SPFL side. That’s it.

The board have used our over achievement from Europa last year as an excuse to not re invest in the squad. This is on them. 

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

Honestly you couldn’t have dreamt this result up in your worst nightmare.

Sums it up to say that the guy who probably gets more stick from fans than any other on the team (barring Kent right now) is the one person that scores for us and our lone scorer in this CL campaign. Welcome to the Upside Down.

I think Arfield scoring tonight was quite appropriate as it kind of summed up the level that the squad is at comparably. In England he probably had the best career out the rest of the squad - for a mid table side 5/6 years ago. The same for Davis. Lundstram could barely get a game for a relegated Sheffield United in his last season there. Tav and Goldson kicked around the lower leagues. Davies has played 3 top flight games in his career, in Scotland. King has gone from 5th tier Scottish football to our first team in a few months. Whereas they can bring on Salah, Robertson, Jota and Thiago.

We shouldn't be getting tanked at home by that much, but if you play our level of player against Liverpool's it's not surprising over two games that in one of them we end up on the end of a cricket score.

4 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

I’m not a fan of Gios tactics. I’m the first one to criticize for how negative his style is. However this result is not on him. This is on the board. You cannot go into champions league, make the additions we did, and expect something. 
Say what you will about him but we’re 2 points off tops and playing better stuff domestically. We are a SPFL side. That’s it.

The board have used our over achievement from Europa last year as an excuse to not re invest in the squad. This is on them. 

Agree it’s in the board and Ross Wilson but that has to be along with the manager. We also don’t play good stuff domestically either. We are terrible to watch. 

8 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Gio said he was perfectly happy with the last transfer window so he’s either a liar or an incompetent idiot.

8 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Arfield takes the next interview … 

Arfield's interview pisses you off more than anything...he's talking as if his teams just had an unlucky 1-1 draw in League 1...talks like a player who's happy to piss of up the road and have a glass of wine & forget about it all

Jesus fuck didn't think he'd be the one to annoy me tonight

11 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

While it is not entirely on Gio, you can't be a manager and not take responsibility for losing 4-0, 3-0, 2-0 and 7-1 while only seeing your team put up a fight for 45 minutes.