*****The Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

Take that result every time, motherwell ran celtic close a couple of weeks back and they are not an easy team to beat by the standards of our league. Great goal by tillman as well. Thats the positives. The negatives were it was another poor performance full of poor passing and a complete lack of any urgency in the first half. It seems like we are just delaying the inevitable with that sort of performance, just a matter of time till we drop points and the manager is back looking at the sack. We have to do a lot better.

16 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

2 4-0’s would suggest otherwise. 25 out of a possible 30 isnt exactly the worst start. 

So are you happy with how we're playing? We didn't scrape by today in your opinion? 

We're playing poor and boring football don't kid yourself on

9 minutes ago, ayro said:

Watched it on a shite stream, any idea what Borna did that was getting that half empty shed a bit excitable?

Gave the ref a missile that just missed his heed. Looked like a pen knife but you’ll no see much said about it, Motherwell scum 😡👍

17 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

It sums us up just now that there is general disappointment even when we win an away game against a team we've struggled with recently.

Just a right horrible negative feeling about the club just now. I'm a negative bastard all the time but even people I know who are usually positive are just bored with watching us and Gio.

I don't know how this will change for the better with this setup and team.

I'm normally very positive but every decision Gio has made recently just drains away that positivity bit by bit.  His team selection, substitutions and just general lethargic approach which we then see in the way his teams play.  A competent manager would not have started McGregor, Kent, Barisic or Tav after the way they have been playing recently and to compound that by bringing on guys like Davis and Wright.  There just seems to be no logic to any of his choices!

29 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Matondo goes on that 70 yard run with the football and we all knew he would eventually hand it to Motherwell.

Aye, he has pace and fuck all else. Tried to play a pretty simple and obvious pass out wide and instead passed it right back to them 

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

I'm normally very positive but every decision Gio has made recently just drains away that positivity bit by bit.  His team selection, substitutions and just general lethargic approach which we then see in the way his teams play.  A competent manager would not have started McGregor, Kent, Barisic or Tav after the way they have been playing recently and to compound that by bringing on guys like Davis and Wright.  There just seems to be no logic to any of his choices!

Starting Tav and Barisic can’t really be criticised otherwise he’s starting a back four that have probably less than 10-15 starts between them in a Rangers jersey against a really physical side. Would have been suicidal.

After out midweek mauling, I was a bit concerned about the players attitude for this game. However, although it wasn't pretty, we done the needful and got all three points. It was a very big 3 points for us and keeps things interesting at the top of the league. One slip from THEM and we are in there, we need to keep the pressure on them and hopefully something will eventually give.

5 games in league before World Cup break next two at home . Hopefully after that get some players back and get some form . Europe out the window for this season … do hanker for those europa league nights but we’ve made a lot of money for playing in the champions league

2 minutes ago, Johnnyem said:

After out midweek mauling, I was a bit concerned about the players attitude for this game. However, although it wasn't pretty, we done the needful and got all three points. It was a very big 3 points for us and keeps things interesting at the top of the league. One slip from THEM and we are in there, we need to keep the pressure on them and hopefully something will eventually give.

i like your positive outlook wish i could have some of that  the 1st half must have been the worst for a long time  think their is moe chance of a slip from us