Standards and demands have dropped with the fans

MacBoyd

Yeah we are back to pre gerrard with the squad. Genuinely not sure who you'd built ream around. Maybe goldson and Davies, Lowry...beyond that I can't think of anyone.

And we know how long that took. celtic took a wild punt and have spent obscene financial fair play avoiding sums of money(sshh tho) and got lucky to turn it round fast, we won't be so lucky.

15 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Gio should be out the door, imo he should of went after parkhead but certainly after Liverpool. Since that game we have had three appalling performances against terrible sides and fell further behind in a period of the season I kept hearing we would come out of on top.

We have been thrashed twice by celtic and not beat them in 90 mins since he arrived. The football is horrendous. There is no spirit in the club/fan base. Where is the anger?

I have seen folk on about Terry munro and 55 this season ffs, celtic are on track to win there second title since that. The most annoying thing in the entire banter years was after celtic won the league, welcome to 1993 etc, where are they now must be in walters second spell of titles? Linfield are ahead of us on trophies now and no one cares and look if things stay this way celtic will in the next decade.

We need to get a grip and force the standards back, it's not too late for this season or staying ahead of them but it's getting close on both and we are sleepwalking towards it.

Pretty much everyone on here is angry. As were the booing fans.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah we are back to pre gerrard with the squad. Genuinely not sure who you'd built ream around. Maybe goldson and Davies, Lowry...beyond that I can't think of anyone.

And we know how long that took. celtic took a wild punt and have spent obscene financial fair play avoiding sums of money(sshh tho) and got lucky to turn it round fast, we won't be so lucky.

Ultimately it's all down to the Park regime. The buck stops at the very top and since King left and Park became chairman it's been a slow steady decline. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Sat in the underground yesterday after the game and I said to the other fans sitting there ‘surely Gio has to go’. One guy replied ‘he’s not doing himself any favours’ whereas the others all sat in silence with no other offering out an opinion. I thought no fkn wonder we’re going nowhere if this is the malaise, no anger or even defending him one way or another but silence. 

Yeah that's the point was trying to make. Maybe our troubles have changed things without us really noticing.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Sat in the underground yesterday after the game and I said to the other fans sitting there ‘surely Gio has to go’. One guy replied ‘he’s not doing himself any favours’ whereas the others all sat in silence with no other offering out an opinion. I thought no fkn wonder we’re going nowhere if this is the malaise, no anger or even defending him one way or another but silence. 

Our fans are terrible for the whole dignified silence thing. Not saying I want the likes of Craig the gimp Houston and his henchmen back but show a bit of emotion.

Just now, lewislaudrup said:

I know this isn't really important on the grand scale of things but really fucks me off our players don't arrive at ibrox is shirt and tie anymore. Just fucking tracksuits

Couldn't really give a fuck about that personally. Even the manager if he'd prefer a tracky I'd be OK with it

Almost all of our squad has stagnated or regressed, mostly down to Wilson imo, running down contracts and not replacing sold players properly, handing out contract extensions to players in their late 30s in baffling, then we have a manager who is technically nieve and can't motivate, I will never accept mediocrity and I'm fuckin sick of Robertson and Wilson, paying these cunts monopoly Money is just as painful as the managers ability.

28 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Pretty much everyone on here is angry. As were the booing fans.

It's not enough but with this board. They'll brush off booing fans after the game. 

We are at a point were protests are needed to force some change.

We've seen before once the board are in the firing line they can't act quickly enough. 

It doesn't need to be like the taig embarrassment in the car park. 

Protests before a game or even organising for walkouts during a game send a message. 

53 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Gio should be out the door, imo he should of went after parkhead but certainly after Liverpool. Since that game we have had three appalling performances against terrible sides and fell further behind in a period of the season I kept hearing we would come out of on top.

We have been thrashed twice by celtic and not beat them in 90 mins since he arrived. The football is horrendous. There is no spirit in the club/fan base. Where is the anger?

I have seen folk on about Terry munro and 55 this season ffs, celtic are on track to win there second title since that. The most annoying thing in the entire banter years was after celtic won the league, welcome to 1993 etc, where are they now must be in walters second spell of titles? Linfield are ahead of us on trophies now and no one cares and look if things stay this way celtic will in the next decade.

We need to get a grip and force the standards back, it's not too late for this season or staying ahead of them but it's getting close on both and we are sleepwalking towards it.

What’s the plan of action then?

50 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Linfield are ahead of us on trophies now and no one cares and look if things stay this way celtic will in the next decade.

Personally I think that mentality holds us back by being continuously focused on the short term.

So we've won most domestic trophies...other than in this backwater, no one cares.

3 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

Personally I think that mentality holds us back by being continuously focused on the short term.

So we've won most domestic trophies...other than in this backwater, no one cares.

Proudest most important part of our club. Don't care what foreigners think.

One of the defences offered for him is that he’s been unlucky with injuries.

I have to ask if Helander, Souttar, Hagi, Roofe etc would really have made us significantly better?

Lawrence has been a loss but beyond that?

I can’t help feel that certain players would be pushing themselves just that bit harder if they were chasing places in a successful team and not one in serious decline.

There is a lot of anger and also a lot of disillusionment. The biggest problem is that no one seems to know what to do about it. There is no strong figurehead or fan group ready to lead a fan revolt and that might be what it takes. That lot in the other end of the city wouldn't accept it, their GB would be displaying protest banners and encouraging their fans to hit their board where it hurts, in their pockets. Our lot of underage ultras are there to bang their drums and sing Abba songs and not a lot more. It will all come to a head eventually, but early action is needed.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

I have to ask if Helander, Souttar, Hagi, Roofe etc would really have made us significantly better?

I can’t help feel that certain players would be pushing themselves just that bit harder if they were chasing places in a successful team and not one in serious decline.

He's been seriously unlucky with injuries I agree. A big drawback of his is he is too dignified and doesn't mention it. The fat man was on about injuries recently and they have had a fraction of ours.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

He's been seriously unlucky with injuries I agree. A big drawback of his is he is too dignified and doesn't mention it. The fat man was on about injuries recently and they have had a fraction of ours.

Gio has mentioned injuries, but injuries are part and parcel of the game and it's the manager's job to make sure he has a squad that is able to handle every eventuality and he hasn't done that,

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

A fully fit that stays fit Helander would be our best defender imho. Roofe would also be an asset. 

But every manager has to deal with injuries including long term injuries. 

Injuries would not explain all the other things that are shit.

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

The dropping of standards has hard not to notice. 2012, being ran by charlatans and fraudsters and asset strippers, regular embarrassments and failures generating a default apathy - a generation of fans have been raised in this era and even for everyone else, it feels like we're just waiting for the next kick in the balls.

So some are happy to celebrate what comes and focus on the positive and how far we've come, and I get it. But I do think we need to get back to that desperation to win everything. There's no sense of urgency or drive at the club. It doesn't feel like the board feels it would be a disaster if we don't win the league. And it is a disaster every time we don't.

If the board don't feel that way, the fans need to remind them, but some fans probably need to remember the old standards too.

Spot on