Standards and demands have dropped with the fans

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, JimmyCR1 said:

There’s two massive issues, the squad is stale, not good enough and ageing at an alarming rate, massive rebuild required.

Issue two is trying to find someone who is willing to inherent this squad and accept the duties of pressure which comes with being manager of Rangers. And probably have little to no funds to improve the squad.

Spot on. Anybody looking at our squad would realise they would have a monumental job on their hands. The value of the sellable players will have dropped hugely and there is so much dross tied to contracts. 
We really are looking at a massive turnover in players. 

When he goes you can hardly trust our board to get it right anyway. 

Said it before but it's gonna take a sharkgate before our board will do anything.

Slate the scum all you want but their fans influence their board into making the difficult decisions, have done for years. Their board genuinely fear them when the chips are down

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Gio should be out the door, imo he should of went after parkhead but certainly after Liverpool. Since that game we have had three appalling performances against terrible sides and fell further behind in a period of the season I kept hearing we would come out of on top.

We have been thrashed twice by celtic and not beat them in 90 mins since he arrived. The football is horrendous. There is no spirit in the club/fan base. Where is the anger?

I have seen folk on about Terry munro and 55 this season ffs, celtic are on track to win there second title since that. The most annoying thing in the entire banter years was after celtic won the league, welcome to 1993 etc, where are they now must be in walters second spell of titles? Linfield are ahead of us on trophies now and no one cares and look if things stay this way celtic will in the next decade.

We need to get a grip and force the standards back, it's not too late for this season or staying ahead of them but it's getting close on both and we are sleepwalking towards it.

100% fan base that seems to be going down the tartan army route of accepting failure and instead content to celebrate the creation of a decent atmosphere at European games as the height of success.

This shit has been allowed to happen because the people in power haven't been held accountable for their managed decline. 

This has been coming since 55 was won and ignored by most.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Is that the way it works though ?

I honestly don't know , but assumed Gio would identify a position he wants strengthened.  Wilson would then compile a list of affordable , realistic names , with Gio getting the final say on who he wants taking into account the implications of his total budget . 

It would be mental to think they don't work together in this .

That is exactly what happens. Anyone thinking Wilson is completely at fault are brainless. 

Just watched the scenes at Ibrox when we made it through to the European final only months ago, we we're so full of pride and hope for the future, how do we go from that to how we feel now in such a short time? Been listening and watching alot of stuff all day regards what's went on over the last decade, something's been lost and it needs found again, we should be better than this.

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Gio should be out the door, imo he should of went after parkhead but certainly after Liverpool. Since that game we have had three appalling performances against terrible sides and fell further behind in a period of the season I kept hearing we would come out of on top.

We have been thrashed twice by celtic and not beat them in 90 mins since he arrived. The football is horrendous. There is no spirit in the club/fan base. Where is the anger?

I have seen folk on about Terry munro and 55 this season ffs, celtic are on track to win there second title since that. The most annoying thing in the entire banter years was after celtic won the league, welcome to 1993 etc, where are they now must be in walters second spell of titles? Linfield are ahead of us on trophies now and no one cares and look if things stay this way celtic will in the next decade.

We need to get a grip and force the standards back, it's not too late for this season or staying ahead of them but it's getting close on both and we are sleepwalking towards it.

Buck stops at the top whose silence is deafening at the moment.

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Since 2000, we've won 7 league titles in 22 years. 3 of them last day deciders. 

That says it all even with the banter years.

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

One of the defences offered for him is that he’s been unlucky with injuries.

I have to ask if Helander, Souttar, Hagi, Roofe etc would really have made us significantly better?

Lawrence has been a loss but beyond that?

I can’t help feel that certain players would be pushing themselves just that bit harder if they were chasing places in a successful team and not one in serious decline.

Injuries are part of the game of course, but some of this injury situation could have easily been avoided if we'd stop signing injury-prone players in the first place. Helander, Souttar and Roofe were all injury-prone before we signed them - which muppet at Ibrox thought that would magically change when they they walked through our doors? 

We need to stop taking chances on players who have terrible injury records, it always comes back to bite us on the arse.

1 hour ago, 2nd Flute said:

It's really easy to attack the board, if there's any other Rangers Supporters out there willing to put their own money into the club, I'm sure they'll be listening 

The fans are giving more money to the club than those chancers.

5 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

It's really easy to attack the board, if there's any other Rangers Supporters out there willing to put their own money into the club, I'm sure they'll be listening 

We had celtic on their knees and to quote Dave King they collapsed like a pack of cards. The board didn't back the management team after winning the league resulting in us appointing Gio. Gio then gets us to a European Final and qualifies for the champions league, between times we'd sold Patterson Bassey and Aribo for a huge amount of money. We then bring out a 4th strip and ask the fans to pay ridiculous amounts for the champions league package and after all that they tell us there's no money. Regarding the board being Rangers fans how many fans do you know who thought it a good idea to play celtic in a friendly because our board thought it a good idea.

5 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

Robertson and Bisgrove are board members who aren't puttting in any money and they are the main focus of fans anger

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Bollocks to suggest standards have dropped within the fanbase. Throughout our history we will have had fans that are willing to stick with failing squads and managers, we just won’t have had social media to see them so easily 

The same fannies when we boycotted dundee utd away when they tried to make us pay twice for the ticket as they game got postponed.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

The same fannies when we boycotted dundee utd away when they tried to make us pay twice for the ticket as they game got postponed.

I remember that, game got postponed due to water logged pitch, Dundee utd wouldn't agree to using original tickets and charged us again to go, Rangers fan groups called for a mass boycott but lots of fans went anyway.