Standards and demands have dropped with the fans

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Sat in the underground yesterday after the game and I said to the other fans sitting there ‘surely Gio has to go’. One guy replied ‘he’s not doing himself any favours’ whereas the others all sat in silence with no other offering out an opinion. I thought no fkn wonder we’re going nowhere if this is the malaise, no anger or even defending him one way or another but silence. 

Yeah, alot of Snowflakes and PC Limp Wrists about in our support.

I'm fucking scunnered with the lot of thembut it is indicative the era,we live in.

Thousand come out and march for utter fake pish like BLM.

But not a soul for rising energy and food costs.

Not a fucking soul

31 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

One of the defences offered for him is that he’s been unlucky with injuries.

I have to ask if Helander, Souttar, Hagi, Roofe etc would really have made us significantly better?

Lawrence has been a loss but beyond that?

I can’t help feel that certain players would be pushing themselves just that bit harder if they were chasing places in a successful team and not one in serious decline.

The under 18s should be able to beat Livingston at Ibrox

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The fans are very passive, giving it the whole lets laugh at them when they protested, look what they got out of it- £25m spent, a double and more than likely 2 leagues in a row… 

People get absolute delusions of grandeur with them all of a sudden.

They got £25m spent, well aye but they made just under £40m. As for their manager, they went out and tried to get someone who knocked them back. They then got some second choice nomad nobody had heard of. 

let's no pretend fans threw a couple metal sharks and then the board chucked money and a world class manager at the team.

If we sacked Gio, got a manager with no European football experience with a shite, underwhelming c.v and spent less than we made on a squad rebuild we would be going mental.

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

I know this isn't really important on the grand scale of things but really fucks me off our players don't arrive at ibrox is shirt and tie anymore. Just fucking tracksuits

I wasnt aware of that. Is this only since Gio has been here? That's a time honoured tradition at Rangers and shocking if true. Who the fuck over see's this shit?

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

People get absolute delusions of grandeur with them all of a sudden.

They got £25m spent, well aye but they made just under £40m. As for their manager, they went out and tried to get someone who knocked them back. They then got some second choice nomad nobody had heard of. 

let's no pretend fans threw a couple metal sharks and then the board chucked money and a world class manager at the team.

If we sacked Gio, got a manager with no European football experience with a shite, underwhelming c.v and spent less than we made on a squad rebuild we would be going mental.

We’ve raked in close to £100m in 12 months and spent fuck all in comparison. 

The fact they had a competent list is better than what we have. It’s pretty clear all out attacking football works domestically, granted they did get slightly lucky with the appointment. 

The biggest thing though is that manager spent the guts of that money on what he wanted, with players he knew about. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ve raked in close to £100m in 12 months and spent fuck all in comparison. 

The fact they had a competent list is better than what we have. It’s pretty clear all out attacking football works domestically, granted they did get slightly lucky with the appointment. 

The biggest thing though is that manager spent the guts of that money on what he wanted, with players he knew about. 

We have. Before that we were relying on soft loans and share allotments to complete the season. We were and remain miles off them financially. 

As for a list of managers then that's something every club does when approaching a manager. 

They lucked out more than amazing board management.

I'll agree there is loads wrong at boardroom within our club. Lots! It needs changed but I'm no building up their board as some sort of shining example to vindicate that.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is staring so many people in the face and they refuse to acknowledge it.

They gave him the money and he went out and bought players that he knew would improve his team and fit into the way he wants to play.

We've done pretty much the complete opposite.

Pedro has given us the fear of God from doing that again though.

It's difficult, because our two DOFs haven't exactly been great, but I still think I'd rather go down that route than just a Manager considering how often it is that Managers are likely to leave if they do well. Or on the flip side, the mess they leave if it doesn't go well.

29 minutes ago, Madina said:

Gio should have been gone weeks ago but too many fans have the mindset "but but look where we were 10 years ago!!!!". Pathetic 

No they don’t. I haven’t heard any supporter saying that, or using it as an excuse, in years now.

6 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Pedro has given us the fear of God from doing that again though.

It's difficult, because our two DOFs haven't exactly been great, but I still think I'd rather go down that route than just a Manager considering how often it is that Managers are likely to leave. Especially if they do well. Or in the flip side, the mess they leave if it doesn't go well.

That is their fault for hiring a Manager so incompetent and unsuited to Scottish football on the basis of a power point and that one of the board was pals with one of his pals. I can categorically state that there was no way Gio was bringing in unfunctioning alcoholic for millions for a start.

And why give a manager a 3.5 year contract though if you don’t want to back them? They could have appointed someone on a rolling deal. If you are offering a manager that kind of deal you have to back him for that length of time with your player recruitment. Everything with this board is arse about backwards.

57 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yeah, alot of Snowflakes and PC Limp Wrists about in our support.

I'm fucking scunnered with the lot of thembut it is indicative the era,we live in.

Thousand come out and march for utter fake pish like BLM.

But not a soul for rising energy and food costs.

Not a fucking soul

Yeah there have been protests. Plenty of them. There was one in Glasgow as recently as the start of October. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

He's been seriously unlucky with injuries I agree. A big drawback of his is he is too dignified and doesn't mention it. The fat man was on about injuries recently and they have had a fraction of ours.

As I said in another thread, job done for the board. Qualified for the ECL: "just get on with it Gio, don't mention injuries, ageing squad, transfer money, plod along with your shite style of play and try no finish to far behind the scum" 

Then just talk about signings when season ticket renewals are due. Pricks the lot of them. 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That is their fault for hiring a Manager so incompetent and unsuited to Scottish football on the basis of a power point and that one of the board was pals with one of his pals. I can categorically state that there was no way Gio was bringing in unfunctioning alcoholic for millions for a start.

And why give a manager a 3.5 year contract though if you don’t want to back them? They could have appointed someone on a rolling deal. If you are offering a manager that kind of deal you have to back him for that length of time with your player recruitment. Everything with this board is arse about backwards.

I don't disagree with the points you make there, especially the accountability resting with the board.

I suppose I'm making more of a general point in a World were Rangers are run by a board with competence I would prefer to go down the route of DoF, rather than what they have done across the City.

Both come with positives and negatives, but I just feel like you're more likely to get your fingers burnt consistently. 

I grew up watching the 9 in a row squad. Players who would give their all to win matches. Wouldn’t always win, but players who would never hide.

Players in our current squad couldn’t lace their boots. Changed days now, but difficult to accept.

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is staring so many people in the face and they refuse to acknowledge it.

They gave him the money and he went out and bought players that he knew would improve his team and fit into the way he wants to play.

We've done pretty much the complete opposite.

Is that the way it works though ?

I honestly don't know , but assumed Gio would identify a position he wants strengthened.  Wilson would then compile a list of affordable , realistic names , with Gio getting the final say on who he wants taking into account the implications of his total budget . 

It would be mental to think they don't work together in this .