Walter Smith

BlueSuedeSambas

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

My first ever cup final. It summed up the gaffer as a man, our never say die attitude that day. Makes me smile seeing Walters reaction when Miller scored.

It’s mad but I remember clear as day that day never thinking we weren’t in with a chance of winning even when we went down to 9 men . I am not saying I was confident and knew we would win but you always felt we can still pull this off such was the trust you had in Walter. 

same the following season when we found ourselves 2-0 down at Pittodrie. I remember standing there and thinking this games not over yet . He just brought out that ability in his teams to get their sleeves rolled up and get the job done 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s mad but I remember clear as day that day never thinking we weren’t in with a chance of winning even when we went down to 9 men . I am not saying I was confident and knew we would win but you always felt we can still pull this off such was the trust you had in Walter. 

same the following season when we found ourselves 2-0 down at Pittodrie. I remember standing there and thinking this games not over yet . He just brought out that ability in his teams to get their sleeves rolled up and get the job done 

We had a spell that season where we won after going behind during September-October. No matter what happened you just knew we’d find a way to get back into it.

Naismiths last minute winner at Tynecastle was always one of my favourites.

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye. With Walter stood in the dugout you always had hope

Nobody outside of my own family has affected me at his passing as much as Walter Smith.

Never met him, never even came close to meeting him but his influence on the team that I love (and therefore my whole demeanour) was colossal.

Even now, 12 months on, I am extremely emotional at his loss, no doubt heightened by the fact that, by fuck, we could really use him right now.

A statue is the fit and proper monument to an immortal.

It feels unreal it's been a year already. 

A statue is a fitting tribute to a man that was absolutely colossal for our club. 

I still remember the excitement when it was announced he was coming back for his 2nd time at the club. 

That he was able to have 2 hugely successful times at the club just sums up the legend he is.