Walter Smith

BlueSuedeSambas

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

A dearly missed hero of mine, oh how I wish we could turn to you now, simply the best there ever was ❤️🤍💙

Same any crisis on the park "get Walter back he will sort it" Now down to Gio and anyone else after to follow his example do that we will be good. A great man and a massive loss to our football club 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m 29 so most will probably become perplexed when I say this is one of my strongest memories of him :lol: 

I can’t fully explain why, but I still remember getting chills when I saw him March out on the touchline that day after the goal. It wasn’t even when the camera zoomed on him raising his fist to the dugout in celebration, it was the few seconds when he throws the water bottle to a player on the pitch then immediately resets, and visibly refocuses himself on the task at hand. You can even see Novo and Ally completely captured by the energy of moment, but Walter has already regained composure.

Rangers were down to 9 men in a Cup final, and yet it seemed in that moment that it was Rangers who had the man advantage.

That man of course being the great Walter Smith, the quintessential leader.

We miss you every day Mr Smith.

Sums up his teams that never ever knew when they where beaten grit togetherness and just a will to win. 

10 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m 29 so most will probably become perplexed when I say this is one of my strongest memories of him :lol: 

I can’t fully explain why, but I still remember getting chills when I saw him march out on the touchline that day after the goal. It wasn’t even when the camera zoomed on him raising his fist to the dugout in celebration, it was the few seconds after when he throws the water bottle to a player on the pitch then immediately resets, and visibly refocuses himself on the task at hand. You can even see Novo and Ally completely captured by the energy of moment, but Walter has already regained composure.

Rangers were down to 9 men in a Cup final, and yet it seemed in that moment that it was Rangers who had the man advantage.

That man of course being the great Walter Smith, the quintessential leader.

We miss you every day Mr Smith.

My first ever cup final. It summed up the gaffer as a man, our never say die attitude that day. Makes me smile seeing Walters reaction when Miller scored.