Walter Smith

BlueSuedeSambas

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Nobody outside of my own family has affected me at his passing as much as Walter Smith.

Never met him, never even came close to meeting him but his influence on the team that I love (and therefore my whole demeanour) was colossal.

Even now, 12 months on, I am extremely emotional at his loss, no doubt heightened by the fact that, by fuck, we could really use him right now.

A statue is the fit and proper monument to an immortal.

Agree with every word 100% he was and will remain one of The People

8 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Hard to believe it’s been a year already since we lost the man who in my eyes is and probably always will be The Greatest Ranger of them all. He is, was and always will be “Simply The Best” 🔴🔵

049E1205-3CDC-4B58-8EE3-1129A0BF2DD0.jpeg

5ABB98F9-9771-4665-A52E-CABEFD03B0F9.jpeg

E7EFF2BF-3A6B-444B-B80A-567E328F53D5.jpeg

DCEF12F9-AE61-4AB0-8815-D986F73AA90B.jpeg

619EA466-7E6A-412D-809E-D218F3CB8D77.jpeg

3EBAF783-A0D2-4889-ADE1-0EB3B63C5696.jpeg

I suggested Jimmy Bell's Kitroom as a forum name. Accepted and rightly so. 

But we need a Sir Walter Smith Lounge. 

Maybe make this section the Sir Walter Smith Lounge for all things Rangers, and the Off Topic (which basically has no name) to be called The Jimmy Bell Kitroom ? 

16 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Maybe make this section the Sir Walter Smith Lounge for all things Rangers, and the Off Topic (which basically has no name) to be called The Jimmy Bell Kitroom ? 

Forum needs a walter section 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Forum needs a walter section 

Definately. At Jimmys death we were on a high before a Euro semi. I suggested renaming this cos at the time it was The Champions Den.

Think Jimmy was a bit of a piss taker so the off topic should be in his honour, the main board in memory of Walter.

First thing the board have done right for a while.

When Walter died it genuinely felt like losing a good friend or family member - never been so upset over the death of someone i'd never met before. Walter epitomised everything that's good about our club and brought me some of the most enjoyable days of my life - i think a statue is the bare minimum his career at Ibrox deserves.

Walter was simply the best.

12 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

A fitting tribute, hope it's really well done

We could do with a Walter tonight

You're right. So many statues look nothing like their subject. They should hire @howey80 who posts his paintings on here as a consultant 👍🏻

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/10/2022 at 18:54, GetToTheChoppa said:

Sir Walters transfer lounge is soon?

On 26/10/2022 at 18:54, GetToTheChoppa said:

We'd have to change the name of the forum at least to match his contribution. 

I don't think Walter would want that though. 

It was never about him it was always about Rangers. One of the things that made him so likeable imo. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We'd have to change the name of the forum at least to match his contribution. 

I don't think Walter would want that though. 

It was never about him it was always about Rangers. One of the things that made him so likeable imo. 

From a fans point we need respect. Not having a Walter section is poor.

Think Bears Den should be Walter Smith Lounge, and Off Topic should be Jimmy Bells Kitroom. 

Walter was all about the Rangers, which is what the Bears Den is. Jimmy was a kitman who I think took the piss alot(without doubt still about Rangers), which is what the off topic forum is about.

15 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

From a fans point we need respect. Not having a Walter section is poor.

Think Bears Den should be Walter Smith Lounge, and Off Topic should be Jimmy Bells Kitroom. 

Walter was all about the Rangers, which is what the Bears Den is. Jimmy was a kitman who I think took the piss alot(without doubt still about Rangers), which is what the off topic forum is about.

I would have preferred we named a stand after Walter to a statue personally. My thinking behind that is that not every supporter will see his statue when they go to a match. Every supporter would see a stand in his name. 

Personally I don't need a wee part of the forum named after Walter. I think of him every time I hear the word 'Rangers'. 

Changing forum titles would be a tad rude too. Jimmy has his forum. Would be disrespectful to revise it imo.