Tillman

RFC55

On 03/06/2023 at 01:51, Tiger Shaw said:

Blocked list lol 

14 or 15 year I’ve been on RM and have never blocked anybody and as far as I know nobody’s ever blocked me you don’t like some cunt see the name and don’t read their pish 

@TEFTONG had me blocked, then realised you missed me

On 02/06/2023 at 21:07, .Williamson. said:

I blocked Madina. I think she’s genuinely a mongo and find it almost impossible to read anything she posts without thinking she’s soft in the head. 

When I wasn’t posting there for a bit I had signed out of my account, and I genuinely signed back in one day while viewing the forum because being signed out meant I could see her posts again :lol:

Shes so thick she has managed to at times seemingly accidentally come across as both racist and homophobic. That takes some doing btw because I’m pretty sure she’s a lesbian 

🤣🤣🤣. She’s fucking harmless mate. I think you have the problem. FFS!  

On 02/06/2023 at 11:45, Smile said:

No and you know that's not what I mean, I bet it's actually killed the new members joining as well. It's not something that affects me as I've been here a while and used to it but I see other wilt when five or six of the same members just kill every post they make.

I noticed this mainly when I went through my reading phase on the forum.

I do like the way this forum is moderated and ran though as it allows you to be a bit of a wank and I'm guilty of that at times as much as the next poster.

It does annoy me when some posters derail a thread almost at the outset.  I put it down to childishness although that is no excuse.

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It does annoy me when some posters derail a thread almost at the outset.  I put it down to childishness although that is no excuse.

I think that happens on all the forums as any forum I have ever on has been the same I have done it myself with daft stupid arguments as well so equally guilty.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think that happens on all the forums as any forum I have ever on has been the same I have done it myself with daft stupid arguments as well so equally guilty.

If it's humour then I've no problem but when it is simply nonsense or worse, gratuitous insult, then that really pisses me off.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If it's humour then I've no problem but when it is simply nonsense or worse, gratuitous insult, then that really pisses me off.

I think forums give a voice to people who are not that angry or argumentative in real life and are probably decent enough if you met them outside of a forum.

The whole of the internet is that to be honest with the crackpots on twitter that you cannot imagine functioning in normal life or society.

Sometimes I post what I think is a normal enough opinion go away for a few hours come back and have ten notifications of people going mental on a subject I have just given my opinion on.

I laugh sometimes as they do not have to agree and and if they used their heads enough they could probably provide a reasoned argument I could agree on but when you go all out attack mode on someone they just post in a similar fashion so nothing is really debated at all.

The story of forums.

I started off on Tech forums so long ago now I cant remember but it was when dial up was a thing.

Maybe the rumours are true and Tillman did not rate Scottish football after all. Maybe he just fancies something different next season.

Always will deserve praise for helping us achieve Champions League football as that's the money we will be spending this season on Transfers.

I like and rate Tillman but always felt like we shoehorned him into a system that doesn't always play to his strengths. 

For me, £5m was always a little too rich for this stage in his development but do believe we'd make a profit longer term. 

I'm not too disappointed if we don't get him. 

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

When we’re looking at paying £3.5m for Lammers & £2.5m for Panzo then £5m is an absolute bargain for Tillman.

I think you are forgetting just how much transfer fees have changed in the last 10 years, gone are the days you could sign a Jelavic for £4m you’d be looking at £7-12m for a signing like that these days.

Although it probably doesn’t matter as I don’t think Tillman wants to stay in Scotland any longer anyway, he should have some decent options in for him, and when the US National Coach pretty much refused to call up any Scottish based players even the tarrier ones who were performing well at the time. As soon as James Sands returned to MLS he was called up again.

If he doesn’t want to come then it doesn’t matter if we are getting him for a nicker

Didn't do enough for me on a consistent basis. OK, it's a new environment and not the most refined of leagues, plus he's young so you give some benefit of doubt while he settles in but there were too many games where he never showed up. You'd go a good while and he wouldn't get a touch or be seen looking for the ball and that's not good enough. I wouldn't be that arsed if he didn't sign,we've got Hagi anyway and he's way better 

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Didn't do enough for me on a consistent basis. OK, it's a new environment and not the most refined of leagues, plus he's young so you give some benefit of doubt while he settles in but there were too many games where he never showed up. You'd go a good while and he wouldn't get a touch or be seen looking for the ball and that's not good enough. I wouldn't be that arsed if he didn't sign,we've got Hagi anyway and he's way better 

Hagi isn't better than Tillman.

Thats wild 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi isn't better than Tillman.

Thats wild 

Hagi is more accomplished player than Tillman, might not heve his pace but has better eye for a pass and is a bit more savvy at winning fouls rather than getting bullied off the ball.

My view at this point is that the player doesn't want to continue here. Beale stated he wanted him to stay and he has already shown his effectiveness in our league and is a younger player with sell on value. If we look at Lammers or Dessers who are both older, Tillman outscored both of those players and is still developing. If we look at the transfer market, you are not going to get a player of his potential for much less than quoted. Given we supposedly have an option on him, I can't see why we would look at others when he has shown he can perform. Perhaps the board feel that outlay is too much on one player, but i'd have thought signing him with and additional quality goalscorer would have worked (i'm sure we will sell a few players for a fee also). As it stands I can only assume he doesn't want to stay, in which case we are well rid. We only want people that want to be here.