*****Official St. Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t know how you’ve gotten the impression he would rather be elsewhere when he has literally said he would like to finish his career here. He’s carrying a knock, which again is well known

He got it from Imagination Land.

I honestly think Gio should be sacked, but I think we will win pretty comfortably.

I think now that our schedule will be a little lighter and we start to get players back, our domestic form will pick up.

Main issue is that we will still occasionally drop the odd point against the supposed cannon fodder, and we will continue to be humiliated Vs them.

I see the rest of the season playing out as us getting mostly comfortable win, yet falling further and further behind them as they make less mistakes.

Gio will then get the bullet in thee summer.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Looked deed last night down holding his ‘uninjured’ knee.

Something is clearly up with him. Even in his ‘can’t defend days’ he still had a great engine and offered something going forward.

A shell of the Tav over the last couple of seasons. 

Not having it. 

If he was injured there is absolutely no chance he starts against Dundee, and lasts the 90.

He looked fine on Saturday funnily enough

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Not having it. 

If he was injured there is absolutely no chance he starts against Dundee, and lasts the 90.

He looked fine on Saturday funnily enough

No smoke without fire.

You don’t have that big a drop off without something going on (not necessarily being injured). 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

No smoke without fire.

You don’t have that big a drop off without something going on (not necessarily being injured). 

I don’t think he looks worse than at this point last season when there was loads of calls for him to be dropped, and eventually was.

Tavernier isn’t moving anything like last season. That’s pretty obvious. Could be a niggly injury, fitness, muscle fatigue from fixture build up, bad pre season, chucked it, age, milkshakes

We probably won’t find out. But it’s clear as day he isn’t 100% fit

54 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I have a theory about Tav. 

His form has really dropped off. His missus had a baby back in March. Could it be that he's constantly tired? Every kid is different, but perhaps he's not sleeping as well.

Just a weird thought. 

Definitely a weird thought.

On 02/11/2022 at 11:29, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly think Gio should be sacked, but I think we will win pretty comfortably.

I think now that our schedule will be a little lighter and we start to get players back, our domestic form will pick up.

Main issue is that we will still occasionally drop the odd point against the supposed cannon fodder, and we will continue to be humiliated Vs them.

I see the rest of the season playing out as us getting mostly comfortable win, yet falling further and further behind them as they make less mistakes.

Gio will then get the bullet in thee summer.

Given the players that were available to Gio in recent weeks then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  If we get some of our players back we can still win the league. 

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

I hope he is injured. If he isn't that means he's suddenly on the rapid decline and on his way to developing the yips, because he's been fucking woeful.

Yeh that modern day full back position is so attritional. The amount of sprints and metres covered each game is higher than anyone else. Plus the volume of games he’s played since he’s joined. Decent chance he won’t reach the form we saw last season. He’s 31 now. Don’t think many of the modern day attacking full backs will excel into their mid 30s anymore. Maybe one we will regret not cashing in on

12 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Given the players that were available to Gio in recent weeks then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  If we get some of our players back we can still win the league. 

Assuming it's a 4-3-3 with GvB still in charge, every player available for selection after the World Cup, what line-up would you pick?

1 hour ago, Hilly86 said:

Assuming it's a 4-3-3 with GvB still in charge, every player available for selection after the World Cup, what line-up would you pick?

Goalkeeper. Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Barasic.  Lawrence, Lundstram, Sands,  Kent, Colac, Sakala. 

2 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

I keep hearing this same story, but seriously how many players do we expect to have back after the WC?, I have a feeling Goldson’s going to be out for a while longer, then we have Souter and Davies, how long do we expect them to stay fit, throw in Jack as well, really only leaves us with Lawrence, maybe Hagi but not holding my breath, I’m not even counting Helander and Roofe as they’re both done. makes me I’ll thinking about it.

6 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Well the beasts have a given three points against Dundee Hibernian so it's imperative we get all three points also. Anything dropped and surely it's bye bye Gio. 

Wha5 are the odds on the child neglector not playing against that mob and watt joining him with a mystery injury?