*****Rangers vs Hearts match day thread*****

Bad Robot

If Gio is still there should we boycott as a message to board  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Boycott

• Yes, we need to do something
    • No, go and back the team

Poor again overall. Few flashes from Kent and Tillman aside.

John Lundstram terrible again, getting away with a lot at the moment for some reason. Been awful all season barring a couple of games. 

Can’t help but think it’s just delaying the inevitable. Only chance we have of doing anything this season is using these next 4-5 weeks with a new manager. And it’s not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

No, we wouldn't!

Agree to disagree.

But a quality manager would give us a greater chance of over turning a 9 point deficit compared to Gio over turning a 7 point deficit.

Under Gio the gap is only getting bigger, there's a strong chance with a new manager who can rejuvenate the squad that wouldn't be the case, especially with a few OFs remaining.

In both situations the odds are literally non-existent, though, of course.

Struggling to see how this is a controversial take.

The display before the game started was superb so credit to everyone involved in that. We got the three points required tonight but certainly wasn't a great performance although I thought Kent improved on his recent displays. I still don't think Gio will turn this around so the result is only delaying the inevitable. 

7 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Know this will be unpopular, but as has been said before Gio now has more than a full first team out injured just now.

We've not got the resources to have anything like three fucking players for every position.

I do question Gio’s tactics and overall ability to consistently get the best out of the players at his disposal. However, I agree that the number of injuries means that our first 11 pretty much picks itself at the moment no matter how individuals are performing. 

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Agree to disagree.

But a quality manager would give us a greater chance of over turning a 9 point deficit compared to Gio over turning a 7 point deficit.

Under Gio the gap is only getting bigger, there's a strong chance with a new manager who can rejuvenate the squad that wouldn't be the case, especially with a few OFs remaining.

Struggling to see how this is a controversial take.

Indeed we will. 

The quality manager you want is probably already employed. There is NO guarantee it works and the new boss is immediately seen as a failure. We already need to win all games (including the Scum games). Currently, if we somehow manage that, we are ahead of them. 9 points means we're still probably behind on goal difference. 

As I've said elsewhere...I'd love to see how we play with a fully fit squad and possibly one or two key signings in January. We sack Gio now, it costs us £m's which would otherwise be invested in the squad.

Poor first half, decent 2nd half as they showed a bit of fight and spirit.

Criticised GvB subs at the weekend, so fair dues they all came in and contributed.

Whoever recommended Matondo should be sacked, get him so far to fuck.

Get the 3 points at the weekend and reset over the WC break.

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Know this will be unpopular, but as has been said before Gio now has more than a full first team out injured just now.

We've not got the resources to have anything like three fucking players for every position.

In terms of numbers yes. In terms of first pick players no.

Goalkeeping position needs addressed but McGregor at 40 is available and still our strongest.

Back four has 3 of our 4 first picks available. Only Goldson missing.

Middle three has Lundstram and Kamara available. The Kamara issue is being masked by other issues as he's one of our most talented players and has proved it at European level. Tillman not yet a first pick IMO despite his goal tonight.

Front three has Kent fully fit, and a choice of Colak and Morelos through the middle. Right side everyone is fit except Hagi who was never a fans favourite anyway.

The only injuries truly affecting the team are Goldson and Jack. Apart from potential subs to change a game that's it.

3 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I went tonight, but first half was absolutely dire...second half improved but wouldn't say it was spectacular improvement:( 

You sit just along from me.

:lol:

Just back in and that was a fucking dire watch.

Also, that fuckin cunt gordon should be cited for that incident with the ballboy, happened 20ft from me, fuckin big cowardly bastard.

Display was quality.

IMG_20221109_194235.jpg

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Supposedly the 3rd best side of Scotland. A grim indictment of the state of the Scottish game if there ever was one. They're fucking woeful.

Yeah. I know we don’t exactly have our woes to seek but if that is the third best in Scotland the game up here is in a sorry state.

Apart from booting it long in behind us I’m not sure what their game plan was? And we have finally found a team that is even better at breaking down their own attacks by passing it back to their own GK than us!

And on the subject of Gordon, nice to see him show his true colours having a go at a fucking teenage ball boy. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The only injuries truly affecting the team are Goldson and Jack. Apart from potential subs to change a game that's it.

You're right but the whole morale of the team must be shot to shit just now.

Players obviously play better when they know that there's someone who could come in and take their place if they don't perform. As @TBagalag said, the first 11 picks itself now.

The players are turning up for work knowing there's fuck all to challenge them. It's awful to watch. And I don't think Gio is experienced enough to know how to manage a situation like this. But who else that we could get would be?

My IPTV let me down tonight so didn't watch the game. However, we seem to have some people saying we played not too bad, singling out individual players for praise, but then we have others who said we played so bad that they wanted us to lose so that Gio got sacked. What a fucking place this is :lol:

6 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

You sit just along from me.

:lol:

Just back in and that was a fucking dire watch.

Also, that fuckin cunt gordon should be cited for that incident with the ballboy, happened 20ft from me, fuckin big cowardly bastard.

Display was quality.

IMG_20221109_194235.jpg

Was it you that kept shouting "Lanky streak of pish" at him over and again :lol: