Alex Lowry

nik2402

3 hours ago, Madina said:

Lowry will never be a mainstay for the 1st team. Scoring v Stirling Albion doesnt make you ready for the 1st team. 

well said  i could never understand the hype around lowry  i saw a lot of the b team last season and a few this season  sure the boy has talent but as blueoz said about his talent is only when on the ball the number of games i saw him where he  disappeared for long spells   as i said he has talent but he needs better coaching and better application

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I have it on good authority that the one thing our manager really tries to impress on players is their lifestyle choices, eating and drinking habits and their individual responsibilities fitness wise as professional footballers.

@psb07158 will back me up on that.

Morelos clearly takes no interest.

18 minutes ago, billscott said:

well said  i could never understand the hype around lowry  i saw a lot of the b team last season and a few this season  sure the boy has talent but as blueoz said about his talent is only when on the ball the number of games i saw him where he  disappeared for long spells   as i said he has talent but he needs better coaching and better application

We have a team at present who, in League games anyway, have around 70% possession and a ridiculous number of shots on goal and corners for little if any return.  Quite honestly, I really don’t care if the boy disappears out of games, I just want someone with a little ability and composure to put his foot on the ball and pick out a couple of passes that count.  If that means they only turn up for 5min, it’s an improvement to that which we’re seeing at present.

Although he may not ultimately deliver on his potential, the boy has looked to provide something different to the water carriers and side/ back passing merchants we are watching week in week out at present time.  I honestly don’t care about his supposed ‘bad attitude’, I just want to see someone who might gives us something different to the dross we’ve been watching lately and a reason to go out on a winters night to watch it.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Hagi snapped his ACL. How could that have been avoided? :lol:

He wouldn't have collided with the Stirling defender. It was a needless game for him to play just like it was needless to keep Lowry and Lawrence on the park at the time they were both injured.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Hagi snapped his ACL. How could that have been avoided? :lol:

Apparently giving a footballer a full 90 minutes or a game against part timers is poor man management. I’m not sure what the people saying this want us to do instead. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he throws away his talent and wastes his career. If you look at the number of young players that have actually came through the ranks and fulfilled the potential they were reported to have then it amounts to Barry Ferguson and Alan Hutton.

Nathan Patterson potentially as well.

However, the list of wasted talent is endless whether it be due to lifestyle/attitude or injury. Or else just completely overhyped by fans  desperate for a success story.

Said it before, I worked at (then) Murray Park about 15 years ago and the attitude of Scottish youngsters was absolutely appalling. It was cultural, to train hard and look after yourself was stigmatised the way a being a specky geek/ teachers pet would be stigmatised at School. Foreign boys were miles ahead in terms of maturity and application (although tbf none of them did anything of note either).

Scottish lads acted the way we would if we were in some dead end, soul destroying job. They spent their time trying to do as little as possible and pull the wool over coaches eyes. 

They had no interest in eating properly, only pretending they were to avoid a row.

They were infaltised as well, treated like absolute weans, instead of supported to be responsible young men, who could make responsible choices.

Don't know who was at fault for the situation, the coaches, the boys, our society or, more likely, all to some degree.

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he throws away his talent and wastes his career. If you look at the number of young players that have actuallu came through the ranks and fulfilled the potential they were reported to have then it amounts to Barry Ferguson and Alan Hutton.

Nathan Patterson potentially as well.

However, the list of wasted talent is endless whether it be due to ifestyle/attitude or injury. Or else just completely overhyped by fans  desperate for a success story.

Or Perhaps because they don't ever get a (real) chance. How we got the money we did for Patterson still astounds me, not because he is not worth it, but because he only played for a few months when Tav got injured.

Just now, BlazingSandals said:

He was absolutely rotten though on Tuesday and showed exactly why he’s currently playing in the B team

Surely not?

He’s the greatest player ever and never done anything wrong, and solely down to GVB?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Surely people weren’t expecting Lowry to play today given it was pretty clearly mentioned that he was really poor mid week?

The whole team plays poorly almost every week , and most are in the team next game. I would have played him today.