Why has gio never recruited from Holland

downviewbear

This is one thing that has always puzzled me nearly  every manager usually recruits from at least a few players from there home country unless you've got a huge budget and can just go for whoever you want.Since gio has come apart from veerman have we even looked at anyone from Holland. 

Hate comparing us to Celtic but fuck it.

Look what they spent on Hatate and OReiley to what we spent on Davies and Matondo.

That's exactly what is wrong with our club right now. Not saying those two Celtic players are world beaters but they have made Septic better.

Club needs to either heavily back Gio and sack Wilson and let Gio and his team recruit fully or bring in a new manager with a big cash bucket

5 hours ago, downviewbear said:

This is one thing that has always puzzled me nearly  every manager usually recruits from at least a few players from there home country unless you've got a huge budget and can just go for whoever you want.Since gio has come apart from veerman have we even looked at anyone from Holland. 

He has. Just not players. 

49 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

New manager, few injuries back and a couple of good quality players changes our side completely. 

We are nowhere near as far behind celtic as some people are now making out we are. Our manager is just piss poor domestically and our injury buildup this season is beyond ridiculous 

Yeah we are only missing 2 or 3 players I think. Someone to partner Lundstram, a Right Winger and a Morelos replacement. We've lost all quality off the bench with the amount of injuries we've had.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah we are only missing 2 or 3 players I think. Someone to partner Lundstram, a Right Winger and a Morelos replacement. We've lost all quality off the bench with the amount of injuries we've had.

Could probably be doing with a left winger aswell. Had enough of Kent.

Lawrence has been a miss. He was one of our main attacking threats early in the season 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Could probably be doing with a left winger aswell. Had enough of Kent.

Lawrence has been a miss. He was one of our main attacking threats early in the season 

Me too, although Kent would be after those three positions for me. I still think he offers something for the rest of the season at least under a new manager.

6 hours ago, downviewbear said:

Because Wilson and his team of idiots scout the players. The present Gio with a list and he picks the type he wants. 

How do we know he didnt try to sign half a dozen Dutch players and missed out on them? I can think of atleast 2 we were seriously linked with. I do find it odd, but given he’s already said he missed out on targets it’s impossible to say non were Dutch. 

20 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I know there’s rumours he’s not in charge of the signings, but surely the manager must have some kind of say in it?

This is what he's said on the transfers. 

"You work with a list with the scouting team. Of course we have players as well that I follow myself and in the end due to various reasons you come to the players we brought in. It’s not about who makes the final call - we make the call together which is the normal process.

"It’s always collective because we have one goal - to be successful for this club. That’s how I always worked at my club. Coaches always think short term but the club needs to think long term with the vision for many years to come. Coaches, players come and go so it’s very important that the club has a vision. I was never overruled.

"Of course we were looking into positions and some players just didn’t want to come or the fees and salaries were too high. It’s a normal process.

Good Dutch players tend to go for silly money.

They are a nation with a bit of a premium on their players, which might not be justified.

Gone are the days we can go sign Numan and the likes for £4m. Can add a 0 to the end of that figure now.

By the time you fall down to players in our price range, they are probably no much better than a Lewis Ferguson etc.

There might be the odd gem out there you can uncover, but they are probably in more abundance in other nations.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They are a nation with a bit of a premium on their players, which might not be justified.

Gone are the days we can go sign Numan and the likes for £4m. Can add a 0 to the end of that figure now.

By the time you fall down to players in our price range, they are probably no much better than a Lewis Ferguson etc.

There might be the odd gem out there you can uncover, but they are probably in more abundance in other nations.

Stop being sensible.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

OP said from Holland. It doesn't have to be Dutch.