starofdavid

8 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic/Yilmaz

Jack/Lundstram

Tillman Hagi Lawrence

Colak Morelos

Thats one example.

I’d happily get rid of a few of that lot but you can can only piss with the cock you’ve got.

Tillman doesn't work out wide though 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

It's unreal how great players become when they ain't playing.

The only player whose value isn't inflated when he is out the team is Goldson, which is ironic ad he's actually the only player out who has any proven ability and temperament to make any difference on the current situation.

It’s nothing to do with injury, it’s always been the same with Hagi.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

It's unreal how great players become when they ain't playing.

I've seen it work both ways in here.

In general players are either shite or great, usually shite.

Overall I'd say players can be shite for quite a while and find form again, it does happen. And there seems to be something in the air at our club making good players shite.

It certainly helps if he is played as an AM and not  fucked out on the RW .The boy has talent so what if he isnt the fastest. Matondo and Sakala are rapid but little talent no pleasing some people.

Him ,Lawrence and Raskin/Lundstrum will make a huge differance to our midfield and stretch that to Evander and we will hammer the scum.

8 minutes ago, rangersross said:

As much as some fans overestimate his ability, others definitely underplay it. There was a run of winter games during the 55 season that Hagi dragged us through. Glad to have him back. 

Hagi and Lawrence with a bit of Tillman thrown in could give us a better attack support.

11 minutes ago, rangersross said:

As much as some fans overestimate his ability, others definitely underplay it. There was a run of winter games during the 55 season that Hagi dragged us through. Glad to have him back. 

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Opinions tend to be polarised

Frustrated the life out of me at times, for this wonderful talent that so many believe he possess the lad at times had zero awareness around him....I lost count the amount of times he was easily dispossessed and ended up on his arse...on the positive side he does add assists to the team.....overall he is a wee bit meh for me

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Him coming back won't make a single bit of difference to this season.

He’s a slightly better option than some of the other shite but you’re right. Won’t make any difference to Celtics canter to another title handed to them on a plate 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Him coming back won't make a single bit of difference to this season.

No player (we could afford) could turn this season around singlehandedly but I think Hagi has it in him to win us games. He had as many league goals as Aribo in the 55 season but >2x as many assists. In fact, he was joint-top in the league for assists, along with Tav. As an individual contributor, he was up there with our most productive players. 

40 minutes ago, rangersross said:

No player (we could afford) could turn this season around singlehandedly but I think Hagi has it in him to win us games. He had as many league goals as Aribo in the 55 season but >2x as many assists. In fact, he was joint-top in the league for assists, along with Tav. As an individual contributor, he was up there with our most productive players. 

51 minutes ago, Swagger said:

He’s a slightly better option than some of the other shite but you’re right. Won’t make any difference to Celtics canter to another title handed to them on a plate 

Whatever creativity and ability he had before the injury will be drastically reduced for at least the next six months. 

Then the managements tactics and motivation will completely wipe it from existence. 

54 minutes ago, rangersross said:

His stats from that season are (surprisingly) very good. Will probably take him several months to get back to speed. Just turned 24 though so won to keep around. Hope to god someone can do some sprint training with him.

I don't really think he'll have the dynamism that we're severely lacking but in the 55 season he certainly played his part.

That said, whatever Hagi did or didn't do in the past is almost irrelevant now. Different manager, different system.

I think it'll be another one where we'll be bemoaning his contract situation in 12 months time. It expires in 2024 IIRC? If he does regain some form, chances are it might be at the start of next season after such a lengthy spell out and what will probably be a difficult second half of this season. Puts us in a difficult negotiating position.

Could easily be another we lose for free/buttons, but could also be a disaster to extend his deal. Surprised we didn't explore extending his deal by a year after his injury, purely to protect ourselves.