What do Rangers mean to you?

The Widow's Son

Tradition. The knowledge that Rangers existed before you were born and will continue after you are gone.

The players, the characters, all the good works that have been achieved in Rangers' name.

I've always felt there's an innate decency about our club and I'm proud to be a fan.

My other half said I was obsessed when we first met as she's not into fitba'. 

She has since changed her mind after meeting other Rangers folk in many bars around the World and when foreigners always say " you Rangers man, very good". The world knows us. 

It's hard to explain what Rangers mean to you, but what I do know is that there's no half in, it's all in or nothing. 

Everybody has a soft spot for other clubs while their main love is Rangers, Rangers is my only club has been since the day i was given a nice scarf at 3 years old, going to robert stores to get my first Rangers kit 88/89 waiting for them to press on that number 9 and feeling so excited waiting on wearing that kit for the first time, finally getting to ibrox to watch the famous in the coca cola cup game against falkirk, all though we got beat that night nothing beats walking through those turnstiles, going up those stairs and seeing the stadium for the very first time and seeing those orange, brown and other colored seats, heart broken when  we almost lost the club due to the guy that was meant to be our savior and then handing over £500 for those shares (a chance to own a small part of the club and secure the clubs future), we've seen and had some incredible moments and not so good moments and that's what this club means to me

5 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

Everybody has a soft spot for other clubs while their main love is Rangers, Rangers is my only club has been since the day i was given a nice scarf at 3 years old, going to robert stores to get my first Rangers kit 88/89 waiting for them to press on that number 9 and feeling so excited waiting on wearing that kit for the first time, finally getting to ibrox to watch the famous in the coca cola cup game against falkirk, all though we got beat that night nothing beats walking through those turnstiles, going up those stairs and seeing the stadium for the very first time and seeing those orange, brown and other colored seats, heart broken when  we almost lost the club due to the guy that was meant to be our savior and then handing over £500 for those shares (a chance to own a small part of the club and secure the clubs future), we've seen and had some incredible moments and not so good moments and that's what this club means to me

do they? 

Everything and tbh there’s times it’s an absolute curse and I wish I didn’t even like football never mind Rangers. Bad results ruin not only that day but literally up to an entire week afterwards.

Genuinely I don’t think I go even half an hour at a time without Rangers coming into my thought process at least once.

Means everything, how Rangers get on defines my mood for most of the following days after the game until the next one, Mr's doesn't understand my passion but tbf she never gets on to me about going to watch Rangers or my shouting and screaming if I'm watching on the telly, she just knows how much it means to her daughters and myself,  the only thing the youngest has constantly asked for this year is a Rangers top, which she will be getting on Sunday morning, Christmas on Sunday which I love but all I'm thinking about is tonight,  next Wednesday and the 2nd of January, it's passion which can't be accurately described imo.

15 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Everything. Shapes my weeks and days. I am unfortunate in the way that I play gigs all the time and therefor miss some games etc.. but sometimes I watch games whilst playing gigs.. Wee phone on the music stand with RTV on ;) 

What do you play mate? And what style of music

My Grandfather was a a huge fan and watched the team, my Father too, me and now my son. I remember my brother got Rangers A new Era 1873-1966 book from my grandfather when he was 1 and i used to read the book all the time in the early 70s pouring over all the results and tables it contained. My dad would not let my mum buy us any green clothes and i was the same with my kids (harder with my girls). I wear my Dads wedding ring (he died 2015) so that Ring has been coming to Ibrox since 1962. There is a Gentleman in my row at Ibrox who attends most games and he is 96 - imagine what he has seen. Amazing! Love the club and what it stands for. 

A huge part of my life since I was 10 yrs old. I am now 75.

All my school pals were Bluenoses and we were all names when we played in the park.

Moving to OZ when I was 15 with family made it more difficult to support as media here did not carry too many stories about scottish football.

Now we have the internet and sites like this one it makes it much easier.

Rangers til I die.

They are my football team. I love them. Their fortunes affects my moods but I am in for the long haul good and bad.

Watching the game in the pub last night with my pal and the wives - all bluenoses - was brilliant. 

Roll on the Motherwell match at Ibrox. My happy place. 

Almost everything. Second only to my wife and kids. That said, i don't think anything in the world affects my emotions or mood like Rangers does. It dictates what i do i my personal life, it dictates whether i have a good weekend or not. Whether my curtains are open or not. Whether i visit family or not. It's a strange feeling which is very hard to describe. Watching how staunch and how proud my kids are to be Rangers fans makes me so happy and proud too. It's some feeling. Definitely more than just a football club and 100% more than just a game. It's indescribable.