Beale "It's not like I'm going to be devastated come next week if we don't get another in"

GOAT

The squad is massive, we were never going to bring in a lot of players in this window. Unless we sold some players. 1 or 2 was always the most likely. I expect the summer is going to be the main window for change. When we can free up quite a bit of space in the squad and a fair bit of wages, if that’s what we chose to do. 

Fans can try and sugarcoat this all they want the club clearly want Raskin and by all accounts the player is very keen to come to Ibrox. 

If they don't get this one over the line or worse ANOTHER club swoops in and offers the asking price whilst our board mess around adding an extra 50 pence daily to our existing offer, embarrassing won't cover it!

51 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Genuinely struggling to see how that can be taken as being negative. 

You can’t see how comparing a player coming back we already have on our books, to a new signing is a negative? Really?

we’ll have another few million quid player back with Lawrence soon aswell hopefully.  Another new signing. 🙄

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You can’t see how comparing a player coming back we already have on our books, to a new signing is a negative? Really?

we’ll have another few million quid player back with Lawrence soon aswell hopefully.  Another new signing. 🙄

You are just taking what Beale has said and blowing it way out of proportion and making a far bigger deal of it to suit your argument because you aren’t happy with our business so far.

When any player has been out for over a year then saying they feel like a new signing is one of the oldest and most often used cliche’s in football. He’s not the first manager to say it and he won’t be the last.

A fortnight ago we would have turned to Scott Wright off the bench. Today it will be either Hagi or Cantwell (who Beale was also talking about). Having them available makes us a stronger squad, and team, no matter how negatively you want to try and dress it up or spin it.

2 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

If we miss out on Raskin I'll be disapointed, but I won't blame the board as we made a fair offer.

However I will blame the board IF we don't get anybody else in.

The fact that we made an offer confirms that we need people in, so it needs to be done.

Did we fuck :lol:

Sounds like Gios uturn a week after saying he hoped for signings to basically saying no one else was coming despite the influx of potential champions league money. The board shafted him are they about to do the same to Beale. Seems like it the way we are negotiating for Raskin. 

56 minutes ago, GOAT said:

There's plenty to moan about but you've managed to take something positive and turned it in to something negative. There's really no need. 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

There's plenty to moan about but you've managed to take something positive and turned it in to something negative. There's really no need. 

Believe me I’m happy that Hagi is back it’s a positive.  But its not comparing to a new signing positive.  Especially considering Beale said a month ago he wanted three or four starters in this window.  He set that expectation and that is the exact expectation we all wanted aswell because we do need four first team starters we’ve been absolutely lack lustre and rotten for a while now.  

we’ve signed one player.  

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You are just taking what Beale has said and blowing it way out of proportion and making a far bigger deal of it to suit your argument because you aren’t happy with our business so far.

When any player has been out for over a year then saying they feel like a new signing is one of the oldest and most often used cliche’s in football. He’s not the first manager to say it and he won’t be the last.

A fortnight ago we would have turned to Scott Wright off the bench. Today it will be either Hagi or Cantwell (who Beale was also talking about). Having them available makes us a stronger squad, and team, no matter how negatively you want to try and dress it up or spin it.

Beale’s tone and comments had shades of the Gio u-turn after the CL qualification.

New deal for Ryan Jack, injured guys that weren’t that good before like a new signing, and won’t be a disaster if we don’t bring anyone else in.

I don't think this is too bad to be honest!

There could easily still be 1-2 in before the deadline but I also remember him saying that it needs to be 1st team players, no loans etc. plus we have players coming back, a few more finding some form.

Would obviously rather we got people in the door now, but they need to be the right people, not stupid loads, short term shite, signings to actually build our squad.

11 minutes ago, Del said:

I don't think this is too bad to be honest!

There could easily still be 1-2 in before the deadline but I also remember him saying that it needs to be 1st team players, no loans etc. plus we have players coming back, a few more finding some form.

Would obviously rather we got people in the door now, but they need to be the right people, not stupid loads, short term shite, signings to actually build our squad.

He said 3 or 4 first team players needed.  Which we all agreed is right, that’s not 1 or 2.  People keep accusing me of moaning, too fucking right.  Have you watched rangers this season?

13 hours ago, Swagger said:

Start of the month - hope the fans are as excited about the players coming in as I am.

End of the month( one half fit player in ) - if we bring in nobody else I’m quite happy 

By the way Ryan Jacks playing well 

Nobody else in and a new contract for the done Ryan Jack ? 

Poor 

Talking like it’s Beale making the deals. 

He said 2 weeks ago his part was done with 2/3 players and he was just waiting on it being done. 

He’s not gonna come out and say he’s got no confidence in his team is he? He’s also not gonna come out and take a pop at the board! It’s fairly obvious where things have went wrong and it’s certainly not Beale’s doing. 

Incoming players have to be 1st team picks and the price has to be right. If the Belgians are playing silly buggers they may end up with a player in their reserves for whom they cannot get a fee in the summer plus they will have to pay him 4/5 months of wages. I expect this one to go to the final day.

If we cannot get anyone else in this window so be it but at least the squad will be stronger as the injury situation improves.