***** Rangers vs Ross County - Scottish Premiership *****

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

For me the difference under Gio is we dominated possession but couldn't find a way to goal so consisted with hitting the wings and pumping the ball into the box. Under Beale I see us finding alternative routes to goal and creating from different areas.

He struggled away from home, but at Ibrox every game apart from Livi was a canter and we dominated which even again Livi we dominated. Dominating doesn’t mean play well

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Cantwell looks the business I thought. 

Very concerning to see such a drop in our pressing, passing and overall play from one game to the next. We set a good bar on Wednesday night and looked miles from that today. If we could become consistent we’d be in a good place 

Aye there was a big drop in our pressing game today compared to wednesday.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Cantwell looks the business I thought. 

Very concerning to see such a drop in our pressing, passing and overall play from one game to the next. We set a good bar on Wednesday night and looked miles from that today. If we could become consistent we’d be in a good place 

Ross County and the Ref set up well and played well but as MB said we took too many touches - maybe 4 times when we should have shot we passed

They are a physical team who were hacking nudging and getting away with a lot of fouls. PLus the number 10 (lad from Swansea) played very well

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He struggled away from home, but at Ibrox every game apart from Livi was a canter and we dominated which even again Livi we dominated. Dominating doesn’t mean play well

I agree dominating doesn't mean we play well. I felt under Gio we resorted to hitting balls into the box from wide and it actually suited Colak. I feel Beale wants us playing a bit more into the box and working it just now as much as we did at times today.

Good result but we don't half make it hard for ourselves.

I thought Alfredo played well today with his link up play and shots at goal although a few were woeful from him albeit he wasn't alone .

Compared to Wednesday night today was a total contrast that cutting edge had all but disappeared but for a few flurries with some nice football too many players only showed flashes of movement and nowhere near enough to get beyond their players who again easily regrouped due to our lack of runs .

The delivery from Borna today was excellent three times Kent could have released borna hugging the wing and he chooses to turn infield each time with two defenders around him upshot was it came to fuck all .

If he's not willing to pass or make a run toward goal by taking players on then he needs dropped as he's going back to being fucking useless in that situation despite his dig at goal later he offered very little today same with Cantwell who had been very lively last week with his touch and go football .

Tillman also pretty quiet today great goal and some of the passes into the box were sublime a few intercepted but the idea in itself to quickly see an.opening around a tight 18 yard box will unlock defences Alfredo and Fashion also with similar passing in and around the box .

As for the goal it was a poor one to give away if Glen Kamara had left it to Ryan Jack we would've probably been fine instead it lead to two corners but such was.our lack of cutting edge today we looked nothing like the team who slaughtered hearts midweek.

Lundstram again culpable with a shocking crossfield pass in the first five by not playing it short to the nearest man instead of across your own half it was like the gift he gave his fellow scousers in CL sloppy as fuck and just not good enough .

That fucking.idiot who considers himself a referee should be brought to task again how Tav got a booking was ridiculous as what appeared Fashions block tackle but more the ridiculousness of booking Tav when from 65 mins in County Players are launching themselves into Ariel challenges with no intention of playing the ball and wiping out several of our players in the process yet no bookings.

Sure one of our players was booked for a legitimate take of the ball from waist height when one of their players decides to come in blindside head down and comes a cropper in the process what the fuck did he think would happen .

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Today definitely was our fault though, we were really poor

Decision making in the final third was poor. Passes going behind players, guys losing control of the ball, making the game/pitch too narrow at times as well. 

Cantwell I thought was the pick of a mediocre bunch - really clever dink for the first goal. 

I think I say it after most games but the amount of times this Rangers side manages to have nobody getting on the end of low balls fired across the 6 yard box is infuriating. There were two in the second half that stood out. Sort of sums up the lack of killer instinct. (Wednesday being an exception to the rule)

29 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye there was a big drop in our pressing game today compared to wednesday.

They went long from the back at every opportunity. You can't press the ball when it's 30 foot off the ground. We didn't play well but they were playing football from the 70's.

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Decision making in the final third was poor. Passes going behind players, guys losing control of the ball, making the game/pitch too narrow at times as well. 

Cantwell I thought was the pick of a mediocre bunch - really clever dink for the first goal. 

I think I say it after most games but the amount of times this Rangers side manages to have nobody getting on the end of low balls fired across the 6 yard box is infuriating. There were two in the second half that stood out. Sort of sums up the lack of killer instinct. (Wednesday being an exception to the rule)

No one is ever standing at the penalty spot. The amount that gets cut back there with no one to been seen is mental 

1 hour ago, bluedart1952 said:

I don't understand why we haven't got a replacement goalkeeper in, I get the fear at every cross ball into our box with him or Mcgregor in goal.

Neither do I TBH but him and Greegs can’t be mentioned in the same breath.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Playing against a side who want to come out and play a game of football we do well. We do much less well against sides who don't fancy a game 'cause they know they will get hammered if they do. It's a sad refection of Scottish football.

Raskin, Cantwell and Tillman all look decent additions. Move onto Partick and next week.

We've had this squad, well the majority of it for 4.5 seasons now, beale has worked with them for 3.5 of they seasons, apart from the odd hearts or hibs game, and the tarriers of course, every single team tries to play this way against us

If we havent figured out how to combat that then we are fucked, fucking hell it took that fat cunt across the city one transfer window and 5 months to implement a style and setup that batters these sit in teams

Imo we do know how to do it and can do it if we want, but it seems like we are afraid at times to do whats needed incase it doesn't go right, like playing the easy pass (or trying to) instead of hitting the dig or taking the man on

Everyone says the likes of sakala hitting wild shots, trying to run with the ball etc is the wrong thing, maybe it isnt and when you see his goal contributions per minutes iirc he's actually pretty decent return wise

Kamara against Hearts prime example, had a perfect chance to hit the shot from a bit of an angle, good chance to make it 3-0 before HT and wrap the game up, instead tries to square it to morelos when the pass was never on, 

No one seems to want to break the mould, go different from the norm, we need to be surprising and unexpected at times to beat these sit in bastards

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

I decided early in the game I REALLY like Cantwell. Smooth operator on the ball, efficient and cool. Fights for it each time off the ball and seems to win it consistently. Did brilliantly to set up Tillman's goal. Class act so far imo

Sade’ likes this. 😉

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Watching this team and Gios is completely different. There were so many games under Gio that we didnt dominate at all. 

No there wasn't, barring the tarrier game and CL game we dominated the rest, we were just honking going forward and giving up goals to the few chances we conceded

2090101746_Screenshot_20230204-195153_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.79ba35136b52c9fb6be8c44ec62e7e0e.jpg

Todays stats were almost identical to these stats when we lost away to St Johnstone, only difference is county didnt score a worldly goal and we got a deflected free kick

So do you think we played well when st johnstone beat us? 

1441005291_Screenshot_20230204-195413_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.55dc79af689b0c6d418f9670b2e93e85.jpg

Thats the recent cup game which we won, what game would you say we played better in, the 2-1 loss or the 1-0 win