Lundstram

ready1873

41 minutes ago, left winger said:

Sakala is like quite a few of our players - he’d be okay as back up, but if we’re serious about winning leagues and cups he isn’t nearly good enough to be a starter.

I want him to cement his status do much, his never say die attitude, desire. Many in our team lack hugeky.

Without sakala right now. We struggle that bit more.

Yes his touch and finishing is whacky. 

Hes the one whos causing havoc in our team atm though, cantwell too by the looks.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

As a midfielder for us, at home, against the second worst team in the league he contributed precious little. If you’re happy with that, fill your boots. He’s been god awful except for a purple patch in the second half of last season. Get that form back and he’ll be great for us, if not then he’ll go down as another poor signing.

He's been pish this season. Nobody is denying that but the second worst team in the league dominated the 2nd half until Lundstram came on. He came on to do a certain job which was to shore up the midfield and he done it well. If you can't see that I can't help you.

Not aimed specifically at you but I swear there are some posters on here that would play 10 outfield attackers, then get all confused why it wasn't working. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Folks say that because they like the player but he’s really just a bit shit but used to be ok. 
The “taking injections” patter is so the folk saying it have an excuse for loving a shit player. 

Just a rumour then. Cheers 👍

23 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I want him to cement his status do much, his never say die attitude, desire. Many in our team lack hugeky.

Without sakala right now. We struggle that bit more.

Yes his touch and finishing is whacky. 

Hes the one whos causing havoc in our team atm though, cantwell too by the looks.

I want him to do well and be a success, like I do with all our players (only exception was Ian Black - he was a cunt), but I don’t think there’s enough there for him to be a real success and hold down a starting place in a league winning team. Being better than Scott Wright or Matondo, isn’t enough.

As for his finishing, I can assure you not one person called it whacky last week when he missed an open goal.

17 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He's been pish this season. Nobody is denying that but the second worst team in the league dominated the 2nd half until Lundstram came on. He came on to do a certain job which was to shore up the midfield and he done it well. If you can't see that I can't help you.

Not aimed specifically at you but I swear there are some posters on here that would play 10 outfield attackers, then get all confused why it wasn't working. 

I do think there is a need for defensive midfielders if we want to get our full backs forward.  But you can be defensive and also pass the ball forward and look to create, especially against Kilmarnock.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

A few of us called it last season before gerrard left that lundstram isnt worthwhile spending his time shuttling between fullback and midfield, when he finally was allowed to play as part of a midfield two who patrolled the middle he came onto a game

23 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I really didn't see the need to bring him on today. If Raskin was tiring and needed rest for Wednesday, then replace him with Hagi, who desperately needs minutes. We need to get away from always needing to play defensive-minded at home.

You still need a bit of shape to your team. Just because he’s not a number 10 doesn’t mean he’s defensive 

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Sakala usually turns our final third into attack more than anyone! His touch is whacky but sometimed he turns a player and is away or in behind!

Take sakala back out that team and see how we go.

None of that changes anything I said 

• 4 weeks later...

I think if you just allowed him to do what hes good at you'd have a player.

The role he played today, and more often than not this season, offers very little. Control in a game when the opposition has 20% possession. 

Hin and Jack today in that middle were overkill.

Played something like 90 games for us, can remember about 7 that he’s been great in. 

If he starts next week we lose the midfield as soon as the teams are announced. A complete carthorse absolutely no way it’s playing through injury he’s just a shocking footballer 

37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Played something like 90 games for us, can remember about 7 that he’s been great in. 

If he starts next week we lose the midfield as soon as the teams are announced. A complete carthorse absolutely no way it’s playing through injury he’s just a shocking footballer 

If everyone is fit (Raskin and Jack) then Lundstram won't start. Hopefully Raskin is fit for training on Monday like Beale says. 

He’s just not good enough. Technically poor, if you are playing for a possession based team you must be technically good enough but ultimately he is not. 
Unfortunately he is also not a ball winning midfielder either so he really should have no future with us.