Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

3 hours ago, SPWF said:

He’s done just fine the past two games as an 8 that gets forward. 

I actually think his standards / personality gets more out of Borna. Demands more off him, and is always available for the ball.

Still think his best position is as a 10, but less worried about him having to play in the midfield 3. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

@Inigo Tav's positioning in the build up is poor for me but agree after the initial shot he had to close down the guy who got the assist. Jack should have been on the guy before the first shot but seems to not have a clue what was going on around him.

Jack's so far off them pace of this game, mentally and physically.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

👍

Him and Raskin look besties too. 

love it mate - saw them having a laugh during the warm up on Satruday as well. The great Rangers teams in my life were built on strong relationships. Long may it continue, and do the business on the park.

On 16/08/2023 at 07:41, Nameless Ghoul said:

I think he looks for the contact rather than trying to stand his ground with the ball too often

For a guy who likes a challenge and gets stuck in he drops far too easily and often IMO. Was very noticeable v Servette.

Thing is he doesn’t need to as he has the skill and quick thinking to produce a better outcome if he stays on his feet.

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

For a guy who likes a challenge and gets stuck in he drops far too easily and often IMO. Was very noticeable v Servette.

Thing is he doesn’t need to as he has the skill and quick thinking to produce a better outcome if he stays on his feet.

You’re right but I also think we’ve been too guilty the other way. celtic’s first goal against the sheep, Ralston makes a meal of it (was definitely a foul). And they score from it. 

We get drawn into physical battles a lot of the time and it doesn’t suit us. We’d be better off being a bit cuter at times like Cantwell and winning the free kicks rather than getting into arm wrestles. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

You’re right but I also think we’ve been too guilty the other way. celtic’s first goal against the sheep, Ralston makes a meal of it (was definitely a foul). And they score from it. 

We get drawn into physical battles a lot of the time and it doesn’t suit us. We’d be better off being a bit cuter at times like Cantwell and winning the free kicks rather than getting into arm wrestles. 

Most of the time he isn’t getting the free kicks tho’ (especially in the Servette game).

thing is, he’ll develop a reputation as a player who can give it but can’t take it so he’ll either get less free kicks when he goes down or have more free kicks against him when his opponent goes down, or both.

You can’t be a midfield warrior AND throw yourself to the floor at the slightest touch. It’ll become embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, beararse said:

Most of the time he isn’t getting the free kicks tho’ (especially in the Servette game).

thing is, he’ll develop a reputation as a player who can give it but can’t take it so he’ll either get less free kicks when he goes down or have more feee kicks against him when his opponent goes down, or both.

You can’t be a midfield warrior AND through yourself to the floor at the slightest touch. It’ll become embarrassing.

True. He’s probably too much to one extreme. And you don’t want a reputation. But equally at times we’ve not been smart enough. Kyogo throws himself to the ground at every chance and wins a lot of free kicks. And also makes it harder for defenders to get physical with him.

Every time we go to Pittodrie they kick us up and down the park and there’s a reluctance to go down and take the sting out the game.