Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

I feel we saw the best of Cantwell last season only when Tillman dropped out injured. Before that he played slightly deeper and didn't have the same influence on the game. Looks like the same issue could develop with Lammers in the team. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

The more you look at it, the more you question what the fuck is Beale thinking.

Cantwell was on fire behind a front 2 last season, so we sign a guy the play his position, bump Cantwell all over the shop to shoehorn him in, and then wonder why it’s not working.

Beale thinks he’s smarter than he is. Was out thought by McInnes loads in his first spell, and again yesterday. 

Imagine being out thought by McInnes. Fucksakes! 

3 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Can't understand Beale's thinking here. At end of last season we had a fit and firing Cantwell, who looked happy and dangerous every time he was on the pitch, in an advanced position.  I would have expected the summers business to be built around that, not build him out of the team.

He didnt look happy when he came on yesterday, didn't have the same aura of confidence he had end of last season, was trying too hard and it wasn't coming off for him.

Cant fucking understand for the life of me why we would mess with the thing that really looked to be working best for us end of last season. Baffling.

Because he loves a left footer and has brought in Lammers to play where Cantwell is at his best.

7 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Play Cantwell in his best position where hopefully he regains his form.  He was fuckin rotten as well yesterday 

Yep, play Cantwell as the 10 and if anything, push Lammers up next to Danilo.

Cantwell had a cracking end to last season and showed he can score. Lammers has shown he can finish too, so play him as the 2nd striker.

By doing so, it takes the pressure off Dessers for a little while and lets him build up his fitness, as playing when he’s not up to speed is doing him no favours at all.

41 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Yep, play Cantwell as the 10 and if anything, push Lammers up next to Danilo.

Cantwell had a cracking end to last season and showed he can score. Lammers has shown he can finish too, so play him as the 2nd striker.

By doing so, it takes the pressure off Dessers for a little while and lets him build up his fitness, as playing when he’s not up to speed is doing him no favours at all.

Sounds decent

9 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Can't understand Beale's thinking here. At end of last season we had a fit and firing Cantwell, who looked happy and dangerous every time he was on the pitch, in an advanced position.  I would have expected the summers business to be built around that, not build him out of the team.

He didnt look happy when he came on yesterday, didn't have the same aura of confidence he had end of last season, was trying too hard and it wasn't coming off for him.

Cant fucking understand for the life of me why we would mess with the thing that really looked to be working best for us end of last season. Baffling.

Well said.

I think he is being pushed into a position and style of play that doesn't suit him. The lad gave his all, but he was limited by the role he was forced to play.

He wasn't the only one. I can understand a manager who shoehorns someone into a position due to injuries, but that isn't the case. He is a talented player who is being forced into so called tactics that hold him and our team back.

Almost all of our  playes put in shit performances. Surely nobody on here puts that down to the players?

Beale has to accept responsibility, go back to the drawing board and change things.

Cantwell should be given the opportunity to express himself again.  Should have started the game and given the free role that he thrives in.

I am pretty confident Cantwell is going to be an utter anti climax. Showed a lot in meaningless games last season when there was no weight of expectation on him.

He was amazing in the EPL when he first arrived, but he died a death and couldn't sustain it when there was expectation on him to perform.

There seems to be a mentality issue with him.

We have already seen it with Lundstram,  one great season down south and then died a death. He's repeated that up here.

Cantwell not being selected on Saturday seems ridiculous to us. But we don't see training every day. There has to be a major downturn in his performances there, otherwise he would have been selected.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's been a fair bit of negativity over the last couple of days but fuck me that's one cunt of a take on things.

You'd have to suggest there's a little truth in it beale said it was completely tactical not injury doubt or that. Either that or the manager is even worse than I fear.

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

You'd have to suggest there's a little truth in it beale said it was completely tactical not injury doubt or that. Either that or the manager is even worse than I fear.

So tactical.

You've downplayed his performances last season with the "meaningless" comment that suits folks negativity. You seem to doubt him if there's expectation on him.

A mentality issue.

A major downturn in his performances you reckon. So how does that tie in with a tactical managerial decision?

Were you this critical last season? Has he even had the opportunity to play the role he excelled in during recent friendly "meaningless" games?

What I'd suggest is that this is a perfect example of the pendulum seen in this place all too often where something/someone is either utterly incredible or fucking woeful with nothing in between.

Honest to fuck man.

25 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I am pretty confident Cantwell is going to be an utter anti climax. Showed a lot in meaningless games last season when there was no weight of expectation on him.

He was amazing in the EPL when he first arrived, but he died a death and couldn't sustain it when there was expectation on him to perform.

We have already seen it with Lundstram,  one great season down south and then died a death. He's repeated that up here.

Cantwell not being selected on Saturday seems ridiculous to us. But we don't see training every day. There has to be a major downturn in his performances there, otherwise he would have been selected.

Wrong! Cantwell is first or second name on team sheet every day of the week. Not sure where you’re getting this idea that there’s a mentality issue with him. 

32 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

image.gif.1728deb6277105bcd0898999d266e08b.gif