Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

19 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Why? What for you means a Director of Football is so important to a football club?

It means a fuckload. The Manager cannot have all of the football setup under control. "Director of football" is not the same at all footbal clubs, by the way. At some Clubs its an admin role.. some its the "manager" of the Manager.. If you are a Main Coach, you dont want to be in charge of Womens Team finances, for instance. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It means a fuckload. The Manager cannot have all of the football setup under control. "Director of football" is not the same at all football clubs, by the way. At some Clubs its an admin role.. some its the "manager" of the Manager.. If you are a Main Coach, you dont want to be in charge of Womens Team finances, for instance. 

You've basically said yourself there that other clubs use the role in different ways, and to restructure workloads etc.

It's not a necessity and means fuck all really. 

When we were at the height of our success, we never had a Director of Football. 

As long as you have a competent chief scout and scouting department, and a competent CEO/Managing Director, then it is nothing more than a token job.

Employing others to do jobs that if we had employed a fit for purpose MD and CEO then those jobs wouldn't need to exist.

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I agree with everyone else that has said throughout the his thread, if Wilson goes that the director of football role should be scrapped.

It is an unnecessary role, that really does nothing that a chief operations officer and a chief scout can't do.

Let Michael Beale have more control, employ a chief scout and let's see where we go.

Utter balls

Ok I'll be honest.

I have no idea exactly what a DOF actually does.

I know he likely negotiates the deals, but other than that i don't know enough to decide if he was pish at his job or not.

He did get us two of our highest ever transfer fees, one of them for a kid just breaking into the team.

If it calms the fan base down a bit then it I'm good with it.

Maybe we can all move forward together now... lol.