General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Can just see Jack and Arfield re-signing, maybe old man McGregor as well. Then Beale pulls out the "trump" card and says hes made up with Kent and he has signed on again. Yes the latter is highly unlikely but I wouldnt put anything past this shit show 

Would like us to have a look at Mads Andersen at Barnsley.

Played loads of games in the Championship, strolled League 1 this year, was a player of the year nominee and made the team of the season.

6’4 25 years old, ball playing centre half and their captain.

A player coming into his peak who’s a far better player than the level he’s playing at just now, especially if they don’t come up through the play offs, and one who could easily raise his profile significantly, play his way into the national team set up and become a valuable asset for us both on and off the park if he came up here and did well.

Only has a year left on his deal this Summer too.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not really that surprised about Colak tbh.

We might think he’s an ideal 2nd striker but the guy will want to be the main striker.

MLS could be decent for us as they seem to be spending a bit of cash over there recently 

42 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Colak goes we literally have no strikers as I’m not even counting Roofe at this point. 

And I don’t think Beale fancies Sakala, Matondo or Wright either. He’d let any of them go in a heartbeat.

With Colak, Kent and Morelos on their way, it’s not just strikers, it is any forwards.

Minimum five highly mobile forwards needed :sherlock:

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Btw one of jack, davis, arfield were always going to be offered a new deal, same way some of the “shite” squad players won’t leave, there will not be a cull of everyone fans don’t like, it’s just not going to happen.

i played champ manager back in the day and in one window would change over a whole squad but it does seem like many view it that way and as simplistic as that.

You do need some form of continuity, but if jack or davis or arfield were to stay around the squad whilst others were added i don’t think I’ll get too upset.

we won’t fix every single issue we have between June and September

We will have continuity. Tav, Barasic, Goldson, Souttar, Lundstrum, Raskin, Cantwell, Sakala, Lawrence, Roofe etc will all be here. Thats a full team right there. celtic have 1 player (McGregor) still starting from the 55 season. 

Then at best we’ll probably only be able to shift about half of the Matondo, Davies, Hagi, Wright etc of the world 

Then you have King, Devine, Lowry etc coming through

The squad is fucking massive. We don’t need to be thinking about signing Arfield, Davis, Jack to new deals for continuity. Continuity of what? The shite mentality embedded in the squad?

We need to be going after quality players to win the title and younger talents with the potential to fund future investments.

We need to get this squad player/continuity idea in the bin

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We will have continuity. Tav, Barasic, Goldson, Souttar, Lundstrum, Raskin, Cantwell, Sakala, Lawrence, Roofe etc will all be here. Thats a full team right there. celtic have 1 player (McGregor) still starting from the 55 season. 

Then at best we’ll probably only be able to shift about half of the Matondo, Davies, Hagi, Wright etc of the world 

The squad is fucking massive. We don’t need to be thinking about signing Arfield, Davis, Jack to new deals for continuity. Continuity of what? The shite mentality embedded in the squad?

We need to be going after quality players to win the title and younger talents with the potential to fund future investments.

You don’t know who will be left out of lundstram etc, there are also quotas to be made which jack does.

He will prioritise positions in desperate need of sttention, jack guces options of cover, the forward area needs drastic upgrades, as does cb and GK. 

as I’ve said it’s not champ manager and you just punt everyone, this will take 3 windows to fix, you need players in abojt the squad who are supporters, have a connection with the support etc.

There’s always been players in and around squads at all the bigger clubs like this, it’s not unique to Rangers 

Colak was lethal up until the World Cup. Beale ignored this and instead thought he could get Morelos playing again. He couldn't. Colak had to sit and watch Morelos apply remarkable indifference to every performance this year, and still not get dropped. No surprise he wants away. Beale called this one badly wrong.

22 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

You don’t know who will be left out of lundstram etc, there are also quotas to be made which jack does.

He will prioritise positions in desperate need of sttention, jack guces options of cover, the forward area needs drastic upgrades, as does cb and GK. 

as I’ve said it’s not champ manager and you just punt everyone, this will take 3 windows to fix, you need players in abojt the squad who are supporters, have a connection with the support etc.

There’s always been players in and around squads at all the bigger clubs like this, it’s not unique to Rangers 

Quotas and cover (providing its financially optimal) are valid reasons to keep a player. Although we have lots of cover for several positions already they’re just all shite.

“Continuity” , “support connection” are meaningless for me.

Give me 3 hungry, fit and improving younger players over Rangers men like Davis, Arfield, McGregor every day of the week for next season.

Jack is the only player I’d keep. And it would be on reduced wages or some pay for play deal.

We have so many squad players as it is. Players that aren’t good enough to start and we can’t move on. As we rebuild we will inevitably get even more of these. We will probably sign 8+ players this summer. At best 5 will be good enough to start. So that’s another 3+ for your squad.

We need to take the opportunity to cut the players that aren’t good enough or don’t have the potential to improve.

53 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

And I don’t think Beale fancies Sakala, Matondo or Wright either. He’d let any of them go in a heartbeat.

With Colak, Kent and Morelos on their way, it’s not just strikers, it is any forwards.

Minimum five highly mobile forwards needed :sherlock:

We should be listening to offers for every player in the squad with the exception of maybe Cantwell and Raskin, wouldn’t lose any sleep about any others going but we need to replace them with quality. 

41 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Id rather Barisic, Sakaka, Lundstram and Roofe weren’t here tbh. 

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Quotas and cover (providing its financially optimal) are valid reasons to keep a player. Although we have lots of cover for several positions already they’re just all shite.

“Continuity” , “support connection” are meaningless for me.

Give me 3 hungry, fit and improving younger players over Rangers men like Davis, Arfield, McGregor every day of the week for next season.

Jack is the only player I’d keep. And it would be on reduced wages or some pay for play deal.

We have so many squad players as it is. Players that aren’t good enough to start and we can’t move on. As we rebuild we will inevitably get even more of these. We will probably sign 8+ players this summer. At best 5 will be good enough to start. So that’s another 3+ for your squad.

We need to take the opportunity to cut the players that aren’t good enough or don’t have the potential to improve.

I said one of them will stay, that seems to be jack that’s it.

it’s done the world over whether you’d do it that way or not, you’re not involved in running a professional football club, there are players who are kept on at some of the biggest clubs on the planet for the reasons mentioned above, ffs muller is a on a different stratosphere to anything we have but he’s not now at Bayern for what he was in the past, it’s the experience, the know how, the club, the connection etc 

it will happen at nearly every club from Swansea with Lee trundle to Bayern with muller. (In saying that muller isn’t happy with his role now and is looking at going if it doesn’t change) 

I don’t know if I actually agree with it or not but it seems to be many many managers and clubs agree it should happen.

still think on his day jack can be vital to us, sadly he’s not always available 

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Id rather Barisic, Sakaka, Lundstram and Roofe weren’t here tbh. 

Borna won’t be, don’t think sakala will either, not sure if lundstram will and if someone could take Roofe then he’d  probably be allowed to go also