Matondo

On 23/08/2023 at 15:35, graeme_4 said:

Don’t think that’s the case really. Although we play against teams set out to defend, having someone with pace who can go by a player is something we need. Sick of our full game being played in front of diddy teams CBs. 

Yes, the way to beat them is get to the by-line and turn the defence.

On 23/08/2023 at 19:57, LegendofCoop said:

Not saying he's there yet, but there's something absolutely amazing about watching a Rangers player come back from the depths of despair and turning it completely around. 

Rabbi was a real forgotten man towards the end of last season and never looked like being able to offer anything. Hope to god for him, as much as the club, he proves to be a player!!! 

I'm definitely here for that

Still early days to be hailing Rabbis redemption as complete but there are definite signs he could turn this round, I know that was his first goal the other night but he has been a tad unfortunate not to have scored last season with some decent efforts....his finish the other night was absolute class....not wanting to compare but that was a cool composed finish that was evidently missing from wee fashions game

7 hours ago, Smile said:

Like most wingers he will have up and down games, pity he never got that volley what would that have done for the boys confidence.

We want more from him though.

He runs down the wing then gets marked and rarely passes it out.  His crossing is absolutely tragic.

That sounds harsh, but I honestly think that Beale is slowly but surely coaching him into a better player.

We all see him improving.

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We want more from him though.

He runs down the wing then gets marked and rarely passes it out.  His crossing is absolutely tragic.

That sounds harsh, but I honestly think that Beale is slowly but surely coaching him into a better player.

We all see him improving.

Yes, we need more from most of our players I always feel against lesser opposition we play at 60%.

20 hours ago, Smile said:

Like most wingers he will have up and down games, pity he never got that volley what would that have done for the boys confidence.

This is quite important for me. The issue with him last year was he had one "down game" and he would be dropped for ten whereas Kent was allowed to have down game after down game.

Matondo looks brilliant just now. But he will inevitably have a poor game and it's important fans and staff don't jump all over it with "told ye so" pish