Welcome to Rangers, Dujon Sterling

Bydo

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Not sure how we are determining 'skill' here but Sterling is streets ahead of him technically.

1 hour ago, Bluekev said:

I actually think he’s more skilful than McCausland. He takes his man on with confidence and has better awareness.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

McCausland isn't blessed with skill mate. Dujon is miles ahead of him in every department.

With twists, turns, trickery I think McCausland is better. The sort that would shine in a game of 5s 😁

For directness, athleticism, actually beating a man and impacting then Sterling is the man and is offering us more than McCausland.  And I do think technically Sterling is showing there's more in his locker. That touch that led to him being fouled at the edge of their box was sweet.

Seems I'm well outnumbered but it's how I see it 😁

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Not sure how we are determining 'skill' here but Sterling is streets ahead of him technically.

Yeah, I think it gets lost because of Sterling's obvious physical qualities but he's technically a very good footballer with great positional sense/situational awareness.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

With twists, turns, trickery I think McCausland is better. The sort that would shine in a game of 5s 😁

For directness, athleticism, actually beating a man and impacting then Sterling is the man and is offering us more than McCausland.  And I do think technically Sterling is showing there's more in his locker. That touch that led to him being fouled at the edge of their box was sweet.

Seems I'm well outnumbered but it's how I see it 😁

McCausland does well at Ibrox against the diddy teams but games like last night when we are under massive pressure against a big, physical team he was always going to struggle. 

Will be a good squad option for the next few years, better than the likes of Wright and Matondo, but he isn't good enough to start every game for us and is miles behind Sterling.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

McCausland does well at Ibrox against the diddy teams but games like last night when we are under massive pressure against a big, physical team he was always going to struggle. 

Will be a good squad option for the next few years, better than the likes of Wright and Matondo, but he isn't good enough to start every game for us and is miles behind Sterling.

Yep, agree with that. 

If McCausland wasn’t one of our own he’d be one of our most criticised players.

Matondo is shite and has twice the g+a of McCausland in half the minutes in the league.

McCausland so young he will improve a lot. Could go on to be a great player.

But he’s really ineffective at the moment

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I prefer Sterling in the midfield, but if need be, I would play him on the right wing every time before McCausland.

Sterling does everything right. His strength, energy, and athleticism allow him to play anywhere on the park. He could probably even play in goal!

McCausland has had a massive dip in form. I'd start Sterling ahead of him also on the right. 

He's been great for us so far. Brings strength, athleticism and a fair bit of skill to the team. Breaks up play pretty well also. 

It was always gonna happen with McCausland, he’s young and got thrust into the limelight and did reasonably well. He was never gonna be able to keep up that intensity at his age / development. A carefully managed period of sub / home ground appearances to manage and develop him further should follow.

Serling has been solid seen it mentioned bassey’esq absolute unit utility player. 

Impossible to estimate what kind of fee we’d need to be offered to let him go.

He’s done superbly since getting his chance.

Whatever happens between now and May, Sterling and Butland are the greatest successes of the season along with, of course, the manager.

Having watched Sterling in training after taking over , Ckement is quoted as saying to him ‘ I don’t know why you’re not playing’ .

After the last few months, I think we’re all asking the same question.  

28 minutes ago, Stunels said:

I phoned in sick for work today and the big mans just showed up to cover my shift

No he didn’t, why would you make that up? 

11 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

Came in like Kamara did at 1st but taken it to a new level.

Rock Solid, grounded, determined, bit of pace with skill, and seams to genuinely grow every game no matter If starting or coming on.

Credit to him, PC for the work and belief.

On Wednesday, the difference was clear as soon as he came on. Technique aside, he is an absolute unit and will never get bullied off the ball. Pace to burn, as well. Imagine a front three of him and Sima plus Danilo/AN Other with Cantwell at 10. We'd stand a chance against almost anyone with that line-up...

On 29/02/2024 at 06:15, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's got nowhere near the skill of McCausland but again he's had a bigger impact.

We've said it for years since gerrard arrived, scottish football is still in the dark ages compared to elsewhere, brute force over skill is still a prevailing factor up here 

Clement has put in a shit load of dig, heart and fight into this team (bar fucking barisic), we've went from guys like aribo, all the skill, none of the heart to guys like lawerence, cantwell, sterling etc (i know they weren't clement signings so the managers that signed them will be due a bit of praise, but clement has them all fighting and digging as a unit) 

This league will be won if we match other teams heart and fight, once we're toe to toe with them on that our better ability will shine through (like wed night)