Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

actually mad he gets down to that. Look at it. Doesn't look like he has the time.

Top save aside.

Two simple passes from a set piece and we are split wide open.  

Very poor.  

Benfica will be rubbing their hands at that carry on. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Top save aside.

Two simple passes from a set piece and we are split wide open.  

Very poor.  

Benfica will be rubbing their hands at that carry on. 

See im not fussed with Benfica. Win or lose our focus has to be on the league. 

That's a bonus.

I'd take the league over going further in Europe. I do think the longer we stay in it hampers us with our injury list.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

See im not fussed with Benfica. Win or lose our focus has to be on the league. 

That's a bonus.

I'd take the league over going further in Europe. I do think the longer we stay in it hampers us with our injury list.

I think everyone would take the league over going further in Europe tbf. 

I just think we’re now the type of team and in the kind of groove that we’ll be all the better for by progressing in Europe.  

This isn’t meant as a negative observation but you wonder if Butland is maybe one of those players who has shit loads of natural ability, but how he applies himself will maybe be a bit of a reflection of the circumstances he is playing in if that makes sense? 

He clearly thrives in the big pressure environment with high expectations of playing for but he was rubbish for Stoke who happen to be a nothing club just making up the numbers in whatever league they were playing in.

I think there was maybe a degree of that with Allan McGregor too. He had a decent career when he wasn’t playing for us but he had another level in him when he was playing for us.

On 29/02/2024 at 13:34, BlueSuedeSambas said:

This isn’t meant as a negative observation but you wonder if Butland is maybe one of those players who has shit loads of natural ability, but how he applies himself will maybe be a bit of a reflection of the circumstances he is playing in if that makes sense? 

He clearly thrives in the big pressure environment with high expectations of playing for but he was rubbish for Stoke who happen to be a nothing club just making up the numbers in whatever league they were playing in.

I think there was maybe a degree of that with Allan McGregor too. He had a decent career when he wasn’t playing for us but he had another level in him when he was playing for us.

Not a correct observation imo

Just now, esquire8 said:

Sorry but this was fucking class at a crucial time. Maybe some take it for granted now.

Was more his kicking and looked less assured coming for things last two games

2 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

It’s fair to point out the penalty would never have happened if Jack hadn’t given the ball straight to Benfica. 

Needs to focus more when distributing especially in European games. Hopefully Southgate wasn’t watching.

The whole team, especially in the 2nd half, was struggling to keep posession. The guy has an amazing season. 

Shite at penalties.

You were confident in McGregor saving them but now expect the opposition to score every time they get one.

Should’ve been screaming at Goldson to Leave the ball at the equaliser 

That double save was absolute class and the save he made with his outstretched leg was a great save as well. He deserves credit, a lesser keeper and we don't come away with a point tonight.