Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

Gutted for Butland as he deserves a call up.  Unfortunately the English (incl Sky Sports) rate the women's game down there more highly than the mens game up here. He’s never getting called up whilst he plays up here.

Yet again, Scottish Football more concerned about hating itself to death than actually making serious joined up efforts to improve the game up here to ultimately get better sponsorship & tv deals and ensure we have a product that people outwith Scotland respect that little bit more.

1 minute ago, Marco said:

Ramsdale has barely played this season and looked shaky when he did play. Southgate just sticks to his favourites.

Embarrassed at the weekend in what will more than likely be his last game of the season, having played twice before that. Still be on the plane though. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think that’s probably my biggest concern of losing Butland. If he made an England squad or two when playing for us then I don’t think he’d ever leave. 

It’s just pure EPL snobbery. The fact if he put these performances in the championship instead of an actual European competition and a team competing to win things he’d be picked is mental. 

I don't think it's snobbery, Southgate just has history of sticking to players he knows regardless of performance. 

Tbf - I kinda get it. He would be 3rd choice anyway so it's not going to impact the squad, so may as well just stick with what you know.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Embarrassed at the weekend in what will more than likely be his last game of the season, having played twice before that. Still be on the plane though. 

I get it's GK and you tend to just stick with one anyway, but Pickford's never struck me as being so class that his position as their No 1 was untouchable. Why not give him genuine competition for the spot rather than a guy's who sat on the bench all year?

TBH, it's nothing against Butland as he's been superb for us and I would have been delighted for him if he received a call up, but I was a bit surprised there was as much noise about this happening. Pretty much because of the league we play in and the attitude towards it.

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

I get it's GK and you tend to just stick with one anyway, but Pickford's never struck me as being so class that his position as their No 1 was untouchable. Why not give him genuine competition for the spot rather than a guy's who sat on the bench all year?

It is untouchable for England. He’s consistently great for them and Everton, and he’s the reason Everton are still a Premier League club. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

It is untouchable for England. He’s consistently great for them and Everton, and he’s the reason Everton are still a Premier League club. 

I think he's ropey for Everton but have only ever seen him play very well for England, despite his wee t-rex arms. 

7 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Gutted for Butland as he deserves a call up.  Unfortunately the English (incl Sky Sports) rate the women's game down there more highly than the mens game up here. He’s never getting called up whilst he plays up here.

Yet again, Scottish Football more concerned about hating itself to death than actually making serious joined up efforts to improve the game up here to ultimately get better sponsorship & tv deals and ensure we have a product that people outwith Scotland respect that little bit more.

Its only going to get worse with teams reducing away allocations etc. It already looks shit on tv half empty stadiums etc. We will be like the saudi league without the money soon if the amount of fans keeps being reduced, who would want to come play in that if they are half decent, Every player that leaves Scotland for decent money that goes on to be poor like Bassey at Ajax and is applauded by other teams in Scotland as a Dud after leaving drives the value of the league down and makes paying big money more risky. 

Fuck knows what Doncaster does for the wage he steals

15 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't think it's snobbery, Southgate just has history of sticking to players he knows regardless of performance. 

Tbf - I kinda get it. He would be 3rd choice anyway so it's not going to impact the squad, so may as well just stick with what you know.

He should be fighting it out with Pickford to play imo, he’s better than him. Hopefully Southgate walks after the bottle job this summer and a new manager gives him a chance. 

13 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Can’t say I’m surprised. But really not that fussed by it. 

Totally agree. Less of our players playing international football the better.

More rest time and takes away the risk of injury.

This is why England have failed to get over that final hurdle last few tournaments.

Southgate clearly can't make the big decisions at the right time.

This would have been a chance to see if he has really improved as a goalkeeper if not misses out on Finals.

Get it right up you 12 yards choker.