The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did we really look? Appointing a new manager mid season is always a struggle as theres hardly any up for moving unless they feel they are on a downward trajectory

We should have probably kept gio till summer (not like beale won fuck all cups anyway) and looked to apppoint when the season was done 

Gio had to go. Keeping him until the Summer wasn’t an option. 

I've not had confidence in any of the managers the board have recruited since Walter Smith. Even Gerrard was close to getting the boot, if the tramps hadn't persisted with the chief tramp i.e. lennon there's a fair chance 55 wouldn't have happened either.

It's early in the season and the hope in me can see there's more to come from this team but we've went with the easy manager choice every time. We'll either see this team click in the next few weeks and come together or it'll drag on and he'll be sacked before xmas costing us millions again in wasted contracts

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Typical that when we finally back a Manager without any DoF influence it starts off like this. 

A real concern that the players don’t look comfortable, or the right fit for what Beale is even trying to achieve. Probably a bigger concern that nobody can decipher what he is actually trying to ‘do’ on the pitch. 

If we lose on Wednesday he will have created the most difficult atmosphere for his brand new team to ‘settle’ into. 

Couldn't agree more 

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

The main issue for me is that, even with new players, I want to see some sort of indication of what we are trying to do. Nothing looks different.

As soon as we went down we were clumsily getting the ball into wide areas or wide of central areas and then floating the ball aimlessly into the box. 

I can accept teething issues, I can accept things being a struggle and a grind at times - but there has to be some sort of indication of what we are trying to do and there isn't.

100% this.

I was warning people to expect it to be a bumpy start. But there was absolutely  no sign at all of promise.

4 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Typical that when we finally back a Manager without any DoF influence it starts off like this. 

A real concern that the players don’t look comfortable, or the right fit for what Beale is even trying to achieve. Probably a bigger concern that nobody can decipher what he is actually trying to ‘do’ on the pitch. 

If we lose on Wednesday he will have created the most difficult atmosphere for his brand new team to ‘settle’ into. 

Were in a worse position than ever. Even if we manage to get shot of this useless cunt, a new manager is coming into a squad with zero wingers. Zero creative players. Zero players who can run at someone. A defence which has needed fixed for years and fuck all money. 

I've checked out with Beale. Has shown me nothing to suggest he's something other than a coach.

Just now, Mols94 said:

Doesn't matter who we have at the club it always boils down to Goldson hitting long balls and Tavernier and Barisic punting crosses into the box. That's how we 'attack' was the same under Gerrard and Gio.

Tav and barsic era is done. If they continue to persist with it then more of today. Fucking scunnered and season looks grim in August.

He hasnt got a clue on how to do the job , hes a coach and not a very good one going by the fact that he was here with the rat for almost 4 years and we won one single trophy.

Its a fuckin travesty that these clowns on the board got it wrong so badly once again.

16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Fucking hell it's an utterly shocking result and preseason in general was terrible but people literally calling for Beale to be sacked on the first game of the season with a brand new team is some overreaction :lol:

Beale did a more than good job last season when he took over from Gio. I don't think he gets a pass today just because it's a new team, we should still be playing far better and should definitely still be winning today. But a fraudster and wanting him sacked? Fucking hell 

The problem is he was a bit of a mad appointment that a massive chunk of the support didn't want to start with.