*****Rangers v Hamburger SV*****

G.E.C.

I enjoyed that today. Great atmosphere sitting above the UB lads. 

Dowell and Lammers look quality. Sima and Dessers are trying too hard to impress. 

But a good run out. Still scratching my head why we had fucking Clancy refereeing that today. Charm offensive or does the ref get appointed by the SFA..? 

I always hoped that Matondo would come good given time but it's not going to happen. No way to sell him but maybe we could get somebody to take him on loan and at least offset some of his wages.

Yfeko and Rice have both shown enough to be members of the 1st team squad going forward.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think McAusland will make it at Rangers. Some girlfriend though!

I can't see Matondo playing for us again after today.

Thought McAusland looked really good away to hearts at the end of season before last, would still play him over matondo though :lol:

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I always hoped that Matondo would come good given time but it's not going to happen. No way to sell him but maybe we could get somebody to take him on loan and at least offset some of his wages.

Yfeko and Rice have both shown enough to be members of the 1st team squad going forward.

Matondo could have had an easy goal if he had some composure but basic control of the football is something he struggles with a good athlete but a poor footballer.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Matondo could have had an easy goal if he had some composure but basic control of the football is something he struggles with a good athlete but a poor footballer.

Should take up the 200 metres or something then and rip up his contract, he’s a fucking fraud

Quite enjoyed it today , even if it was just a friendly .

On a positive , there was lots of effort from the team , good to see us closing down quickly which got us our first goal . There was also a few good passing moves . 

On the minus side , we are still missing far too many chances where it looks easier to score . Hopefully that'll iron itself out once the season starts for real . 

3 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If he gives them a chance in games that matter, then you can say he gives young players a chance.

He’s yet to do that, even when the league was decided last season. 

Those games mattered to him. And rightly so as he'd have been slated for losing in them.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I know there seems to be a lot of hate but yet again he contributes. We know he can do it in the league.

We don’t know that all our new forwards can yet and will fully settle. I’d keep Sakala all day long next season.

Matondo shows nothing and should leave.

We had Big Eck up in thurso doing a q and a on Wednesday night . Big Eck told us Beale thinks highly of Matondo. Beale supposley wants to improve his finishing. I be surprised if he goes by Big Eck comments.

6 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

We had Big Eck up in thurso doing a q and a on Wednesday night . Big Eck told us Beale thinks highly of Matondo. Beale supposley wants to improve his finishing. I be surprised if he goes by Big Eck comments.

He’ll have to improve his desire and composure and basic ball control while he is at it. 😂

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Bailey Rice should be on bench for the majority of league games this season and if we are winning comfortably then be put on.

He should be starting the majority of League and Cup games too.

I don’t know if I’d only wait till a game is comfortably won. He looks really composed on the ball. The boy’s got a future.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

He’ll have to improve his desire and composure and basic ball control while he is at it. 😂

Lot things he has improve on ,by what Big Eck saying unless he puts transfer request in he staying Beale a fan of him .

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Tavernier for me is done now at Rangers love him for what he's done for the club but he's finished now he's just running in sand.

Was poor the day, worst I've seen him possibly,  but he will never be dropped until he leaves or retires. 

I don't want to be harsh on him as he has been great for us and we would miss his stature alot but hes coming to the end imo. 

4 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Was poor the day, worst I've seen him possibly,  but he will never be dropped until he leaves or retires. 

I don't want to be harsh on him as he has been great for us and we would miss his stature alot but hes coming to the end imo. 

Yeah, he’s probably on the downward slope, but there’s going to be a lot of folk getting a surprise at how much we’ll miss him when he’s gone. Not talking about you, btw.