*****Official Rangers vs PSV thread*****

graeme_4

They play some nice stuff but at the end of the day a think we had the better opportunities. This is doable next week. They are there to be counter attacked no doubt about it. 

Although the way Tav is defending, it's hard to see us keeping a clean sheet over in Holland. 

Relative to our performance over 90 mins, I feel a draw is pretty satisfactory.

Theyre better than us and it showed.

Conversely, it feels rather unsatisfactory to surrender the lead twice - particularly the second from a corner.

im pretty sure even an okay performance in Eindhoven and we score goals - keeping them out will be what seals our fate either way 

4 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Exactly. Souttar and Goldson are having to protect the space that both our full backs leave, especially Tav. We're stuck with both this season and Beale has to figure out what formation stops them from being exposed like that all the time.

The formation should be fine for coping with it. 

The goal wasn’t Tav’s fault. It was Jack (and maybe Cifuentes) not tracking the runner into space behind and preventing the cross.

Jack is playing to protect the back four and slot in to the space. And he’s really miles off it pace wise to be playing that role for us

Beale needs to sign a replacement for Jack. Lundstrum will have to do for the away leg

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Some cunts on here think we were home to Falkirk ffs

I think what it is is that theyve decided " beale isnt the man" and nothing is changing their mind. Utter fuckin nonsense gettin spouted cos of that. That was more than decent against as hard a team as we could possibly face at this stage. 

1 minute ago, sco22y said:

They are a quality team and had that been a Champions league group stage match, I would be frustrated at losing the late goal in the manner we did. But overall, I would be happy with a much improved, of late, performance. 

and tbh if they make it thro they will be one of the lesser sides in the champions lg.  

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It needs to be 3 CBs if he wants to play like that. Wish he'd just chuck it completely right enough.

Difficult to play 3 cbs when we never need to in league games. The passing got better from the 80th minute, I'm hoping more time means that'll keep improving because it's been gash so far

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

thought our midfield could've  done a lot better tbh. Lundstram was decent when he came on.  we should have win it in the end. Danilo should have buried that. 

Raskin needs to do more at times - gets caught ball-watching a bit. Cantwell's decision making infuriates me sometimes but you can see the quality he has

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

Beale needs to stop thinkng he is the Einstein of tactics and just fucking play people in their best position. Matondo on the left, Sima on the right, Cantwell on the left, Rasking on the right...ffs its not rocket science.

Energy = Matondo x Cantwell squared.

Shite but I'd argue still better than that joke that won the Edinburgh Fringe prize. :pipe:

8 minutes ago, Number5 said:

You watch that?

Happy Clapper?

It's all to play for and yes I watched it...what  do you expect me to say? We're still in it...perhaps think of that instead of trying to be a smarmy cunt.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

i would like Beale to sign another winger with the Kamara money. 

I think another winger is imperative. Whenever we've played with two wingers we've looked more balanced. 4-3-3 with two wingers. Matondo and Sima fighting it out for one side and a new player on the other.