*****Official Rangers vs PSV thread*****

graeme_4

What a player Barry Ferguson was for a few years under Advocaat when his first instinct was to look up, drive forward or  pick a forward pass.

Became too much like any other Scottish centre mid with too much emphasis on safety first , keep possession with too many low risk, low reward passes as he aged.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Nobody has suggested anything remotely close to that.

Morton were every bit as pish in 2000 as they are in 2023.

I've no way to disprove that but the standard across the board was better twenty odd years ago and I don't think a similar result back then says much, when I said look at that game today I was getting at our general play as a team, it's miles away. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I've no way to disprove that but the standard across the board was better twenty odd years ago and I don't think a similar result back then says much, when I said look at that game today I was getting at our general play as a team, it's miles away. 

Same as it was against Morton 23 years ago.

Why doesn't a similar result then say much but a good performance in a Champions League game does?

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

What a player Barry Ferguson was for a few years under Advocaat when his first instinct was to look up, drive forward or  pick a forward pass.

Became too much like any other Scottish centre mid with too much emphasis on safety first , keep possession with too many low risk, low reward passes as he aged.

Remember McLeish made Boab Malcolm a holding midfielder? Was the new Makelele for a spell.

Just now, The Dude said:

Same as it was against Morton 23 years ago.

Why doesn't a similar result then say much but a good performance in a Champions League game does?

Hold it up against any Champions League game then from last season and it'll still show the same point im trying at here, the passing, touch, defence/attack, players then where far more capable than what we show now.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Hold it up against any Champions League game then from last season and it'll still show the same point im trying at here, the passing, touch, defence/attack, players then where far more capable than what we show now.

Hold up up against one of 6 games from a 60 game season :lol:

Just now, The Dude said:

Hold up up against one of 6 games from a 60 game season :lol:

Yer bringing in 60 games season's, forget all that and just compare the general play from that one game to any game this season or last, or even further back, it's a different era course it is but the bread and butter as I like to call it was so much better.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Yer bringing in 60 games season's, forget all that and just compare the general play from that one game to any game this season or last, or even further back, it's a different era course it is but the bread and butter as I like to call it was so much better.

So just that one game and none of the ones we struggled in that season - and there were quite a few of those.

If we're going to go one with a CL game, how about the one against Valencia when we were fucking rotten?

Just now, The Dude said:

So just that one game and none of the ones we struggled in that season - and there were quite a few of those.

If we're going to go one with a CL game, how about the one against Valencia when we were fucking rotten?

The Rangers team now has nowhere near the ability that one had as many others since didn't imo, that's all it is, agree/disagree, when you watch us at the moment and then you watch those highlights is clear as day to me at least.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's at least 5 almost guaranteed starters who were rested today, and a couple more were subs.

Today's performance has no bearing on Tuesday other than confirming a number of today's starters who mustn't be anywhere near the team.

Yep, both full backs plus Souttar, Raskin, Cantwell and probably Jack.

Really wish we had a match-fit Tom Lawrence available.

Just served to demonstrate that, in terms of quality, our depth is non-existent and that Lammers and Dessers have to significantly up their game because, right now, they look like they’re in the wrong movie.

53 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think it will be

Butland

Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Borna

Jack

Lundstram/ Cifu, Cantwell, Raskin

Sima, Danilo

It would be mental for Beale to drop Cifu.

He’s been the most impressive signing we’ve made.