Wtf The Guardian

Loyal72

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Could use any generic photo of the cops, why specifically pick one with Ibrox quite prominently in photo?

Just a bit weird. 

Did they specifically pick one with Ibrox or did they pick the first one that appears on their photo library for 'Police Scotland' or similar? From experience, when it comes to using generic pics for headers, I'll almost always pick the first one in the pile.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

To be honest if you’re picking a generic picture around such an important topic like mental health I’d be expecting the editor to take more than 30 seconds to decide and take into account all factors. 

Using Ibrox is just distasteful and completely unnecessary in the context. At worst implying that football or more specifically Rangers are contributing to mental health issues among the police. 

It’s basic common sense

I agree to an extent. There should be a bit more care taken when selecting pics - and likely the only thing they will have taken into consideration is whether the people in the image are easily identifiable, which they should avoid.

Not sure the implication is quite there though and it just strikes me as laziness rather than any malice.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The police officer facing side on would be easily identifiable to anyone who knows him. I understand you work in the industry but it isn’t the first time Rangers, Ibrox or our fans have been used in negative unrelated articles. 

Its whether they'd be easily identifiable to the general public - most people would be easily recognisable to those that know them, even if the image is a bit blurry.

It's not the first time, I agree. Sometimes, it's just laziness, sometimes is deliberate attempts at manipulating SEO/social clicks (pretty much every unrelated story that has Rangers in the title), sometimes it's someone playing the cunt.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did they specifically pick one with Ibrox or did they pick the first one that appears on their photo library for 'Police Scotland' or similar? From experience, when it comes to using generic pics for headers, I'll almost always pick the first one in the pile.

Paedo dome seems to strangely always avoid these incidents.