Of all the new players

KeyserSoze

• KeyserSoze changed the title to Blue fin tuna
  • KeyserSoze changed the title to Of all the new players

I can understand you dropping a penalty box kinda striker like Danilo for a game like this.

Danilo I think was brought in to bang them in against the dross in our league.

The worrying thing is that he looks miles off of scoring against the dross in our league on showing so far.

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Apart from Butland his new sumner signings have been fuckin rotten. I wouldn’t trust him with any fuckin more. The problem is we need better. 

Didn’t Butland say he’s been on our radar for ages too? A bit like McGregor coming back under Gerrard - the club had already been keeping an eye on him / talking to his agent. Any manager would have said ‘yes’ to Butland coming to Rangers. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Didn’t Butland say he’s been on our radar for ages too? A bit like McGregor coming back under Gerrard - the club had already been keeping an eye on him / talking to his agent. Any manager would have said ‘yes’ to Butland coming to Rangers. 

Beale wanted Butland but Wilson didn’t. He wouldn’t have been signed if Wilson was still here

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Beale thought only 3 were good enough to start tonight. 
Our biggest game of the season so far and the millions spent on nine players - his starting 11 consisted of two outfield players new to the club. 

just two 

rebuild? Is it fuck, it’s an old trick of bringing in loads and hopefully one or two will be good enough. 
cast your net and hope there’s a blue fin Tuna in amongst the haddocks 

Everyone said the players coming in had to be starting 11 quality. 

He unconsciously admitted he’s fucked it by playing that starting 11.  

Yeh 100% agreed. We have 2/3 of our spending in fees and wages sitting on the bench. But actual starters that clearly need upgrading still being reeled out. 

Really thought we lacked a good ball playing midfielder tonight. Like Kamara in last year’s performance to just control the ball under relentless pressure. 

Other than the financial benefits though I’d be happy enough if we were dug shite in Europe but win the league.

So fingers crossed his recruitment comes good there

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Beale wanted Butland but Wilson didn’t. He wouldn’t have been signed if Wilson was still here

I’m worried Beale’s done a fairly poor job of managing our recruitment this summer but it’s at least pacified by the knowledge Wilson would’ve done worse.

21 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Cantwell and Butland are his two best signings , the rest are average at best.

Cantwell is a really exciting, skillful player who gives his all doe the cause. A standout for me.

I thought Butland was a good signing. He hasn't let me down. Would perform better if our defence wasn't so erratic. He needs help there. 

Raskin has some good games.

They are the only ones who I would rely on thus far.

I know it's early days for the rest , but that is not a good return by any means.

I had high hopes for Danilo. I'd start him most games. Think Beale may use him as a supersub though.

The rest have yet to impress me.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I can understand you dropping a penalty box kinda striker like Danilo for a game like this.

The worrying thing is that he looks miles off of scoring against the dross in our league on showing so far.

We already had that in colak. Absolutely no need to spend the guts of 6 million to score against ross County, motherwell etc. 

3 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

We already had that in colak. Absolutely no need to spend the guts of 6 million to score against ross County, motherwell etc. 

Colak was pretty shite though went missing far too often. I think we all expected Danilo to be a step up. So far though....

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

Out of the outfield players signed in the summer, how many of them would have had us genuinely worried had they been signed by the tarriers rather than us? Not many, if any at all.

Tbh the tarriers would probably utilise them a lot better, we sign a winger and wonder why he's shite when playing as an inside ten, or a box to box mid and stick him right mid

How often do the tarriers sign a player and play him out of position, you never seen jota stuck in centre mid or oreilly etc stuck on the wing did you 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbh the tarriers would probably utilise them a lot better, we sign a winger and wonder why he's shite when playing as an inside ten, or a box to box mid and stick him right mid

How often do the tarriers sign a player and play him out of position, you never seen jota stuck in centre mid or oreilly etc stuck on the wing did you 

Think they have pumped that Kyogo prick out on the wing so far this season and they have been livid about it.

Im just hoping Rogers has hit that point of managerial staleness when it all just goes to shit for him.

For me our transfer business has been done in mind for domestic football. Guys who can play in the final third and win games. They'll come in and out as the season goes on.

Now how that translates to Europe and to tonight, I just don't know. However, having the likes of Cifuentes, Raskin and Matondo pinned back in your own third is just asking for trouble.

In the Europa League it may look naive at times but we must get the pros and take out the cons of our new signings in these types games. 

If he wants to be tight and rigid in Europe then fine play 3 CBs, Jack and Lundstram but don't have players doing jobs they aren't equipped (or bought) to do.

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Beale thought only 3 were good enough to start tonight. 
Our biggest game of the season so far and the millions spent on nine players - his starting 11 consisted of two outfield players new to the club. 

just two 

rebuild? Is it fuck, it’s an old trick of bringing in loads and hopefully one or two will be good enough. 
cast your net and hope there’s a blue fin Tuna in amongst the haddocks 

Everyone said the players coming in had to be starting 11 quality. 

He unconsciously admitted he’s fucked it by playing that starting 11.  

Yes, he's not got a clue what he was doing. It was always daft to appoint a youth coach with no experience as a manager to oversee a rebuild you have to wonder what the board were thinking.

I do think a proper manager could get more out of these players. 

It's looking like we will already need an entirely new front line again.

Want to see more of Danilo getting a run of starting games but other the rest just don't look up to it, and for 2 of them that's being kind

Pray that we bring in a winger who is good enough before the deadline 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Yes, he's not got a clue what he was doing. It was always daft to appoint a youth coach with no experience as a manager to oversee a rebuild you have to wonder what the board were thinking.

I do think a proper manager could get more out of these players. 

I don’t think a proper manager would have fuckin signed them

9 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hasn’t set the heather on fire but hasn’t had a run of games either, still convinced he would be better option than dessers. 

Of the 9 new players Dowell is injured, Balogun and Sterling are backup to the starting defence so not that worried.

Cifuentes started his here well but looked a good bit short of the required level last night.

The biggest worry is the turnover up front, which the majority were supportive of given last season collective performance.

Unfortunately there hasn’t been consistency by any of the new strikers to suggest we are better off, there hasn’t been enough games to form a strong opinion other than MB appears not to know who’s the best fit for each game which is a concern given what has been spent.