Of all the new players

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

Out of Beale's signings only Cantwell and Butland have been great. I'm not seeing the hype with Raskin. Think Danilo will be good as he had a decent record with Feyenoord. Dessers, Lammers, Sima have been terrible signings so far. 

Never understand why we don't look in the Nordic, Balkan, Eastern European markets as surely there's decent players to be had for low fee's, sick of paying silly money for average players from over inflated league's

Mate, the way the signings have been, we’d have been better giving Hertz £3m for Shankland and/or the junkies the same money for Nisbet. Been discussed many a time but domestic league is paramount, Europe will come the more we are successful domestically. Similarly, L. Ferguson would walk into our midfield, Doig is a better LB than Ridvan or Borna, etc. Not as sexy as buying a Brazilian or Dutch players but we never learn. Ship has sailed though, we need to move on but we’re lumbered now with shite we’ll be lucky to get our money back on next summer if there’s no improvement soon. 

The season start has been poor, the football boring and the signings not giving us the boost we expected.

However it's still early days and to integrate a whole new front line and a fairly new midfield could take time.....time that Beale wont get.

They've got a fucking huge game now where the new lads either come together and step up or if they are not made for it they'll be found out and it wont matter how they do against the Motherwells etc itll be too late and rightly or wrongly they'll be judged.

Cantwell and Butland have looked decent.

All the 3 front boys need to find their feet soon and Cifu and Raskin have to live upto the hope we had for them.

The worst for me is Dessers. He can't hold the ball until others arrive, gives away careless fouls, and isn't very good in the air. We sign an expensive Brazilian striker who sits on the bench. I don't get it.

Lammers has the most talent, but he needs more consistency.

Are Dowell or Sima any better than Sakala or Hagi? 

However, given more time, I think this team has the potential to be good and an upgrade on last year.

We lost to an excellent side yesterday who had better players. But Sunday is a different matter. They have to produce or Bealle and the players will feel the heat.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

The worst for me is Dessers. He can't hold the ball until others arrive, gives away careless fouls, and isn't very good in the air. We sign an expensive Brazilian striker who sits on the bench. I don't get it.

However, given more time, I think this team has the potential to be good and an upgrade on last year.

We lost to an excellent side yesterday who had better players. But Sunday is a different matter. They have to produce or Bealle and the players will feel the heat.

I think you are right in that the team will get better however like you I can’t see how Dessers fits in.

Our new signings should be okay for Scotland but let’s face it, they weren’t bought for that.

Cifuentes looked worryingly poor last night.

Beale had better get a tune out of the new forwards, Dessers notwithstanding. I’d be doesnt they’ll be his downfall.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I’m convinced Dowell will come good.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

To be fair this is what happens when you sign half a dozen “if we can get him back to how he was playing 2/3/4 years ago” players.

It was always going to be a risky strategy, and it’s not one I’ve ever agreed with just because we got it right with Cantwell.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Danilo will be fine - I thought he’d be a bit quicker than he is though.

Like Lammers, to me, Danilo appears to be playing within himself. Videos online of him show a player willing to commit a defender and with a good burst of speed over a short distance

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Like Lammers, to me, Danilo appears to be playing within himself. Videos online of him show a player willing to commit a defender and with a good burst of speed over a short distance

He’s got to be being told to play like that though, as with many systems these days I feel like we have individual talents who would thrive with a bit of freedom but they’re over coached to the point of simply being another cog in the wheel

Thats the case generally these days with football not just Beale

46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Drilled and coached right out him by pass the ball beale

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Not sure it’s like Lammers but agree with what Danilo looked like from the videos. 

He’s definitely not comfortable on the left out of possession - the left ‘10’ idea needs binned.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Danilo will be fine - I thought he’d be a bit quicker than he is though.

I can see Danilo and Roofe fighting for the same spot. So if Roofe can stay fit and keeps scoring it could mean Danilo finds it difficult to get a run of games. Dessers seems like he will start most games unless his form does not improve. 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Think the Danilo criticism is a bit harsh to be honest because he’s barely had a run of games and when he has been subbed on he’s hardly being played as we all expected

He should be starting on Sunday let’s be honest

Think it's pretty worrying he's not seen as a better option than dessers. Has missed 2 open goals and another massive chance in his short appearances too, should he be starting Sunday?

4 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Of all the summer signings only Butland has proved himself an asset. 

Butland must be looking at that defence in front of him thinking every game is going to be harder than it should be.

I find the signing of Lammers a strange one. Buying a striker and playing him as 1 of the 10s doesn’t make sense and he hasn’t looked good in that position…. Also bringing in Sima who we all thought would be played wide, but Beale thinks his best position is through the middle… so we now have Dessers, Lammers, Danilo, Roofe and Sima who all want to play upfront…. I just can’t see this working out as we only play with one out and out striker… think Beale is over complicating things . 

39 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Think it's pretty worrying he's not seen as a better option than dessers. Has missed 2 open goals and another massive chance in his short appearances too, should he be starting Sunday?

Fair point but I would say the one against Servette was bad while the last one wasn’t as bad on second viewing it’s a great block