The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Beale is done here. He's lost the support and he's not turning it round. 

It's time this board learns from mistakes. Leave a failing manager in charge and the league will be lost. 

I fully expect but Beale is here after the international break with the board likely hoping the anger will drop off. 

What they should be doing right now is contacting and drawing up a shortlist of manager targets. They were quite happy to contact beale when Gio was still in charge. They should do the same now. 

9 minutes ago, ayro said:

The tricky bit on this is where I understand Edgar’s point where he compared it to McLeish.

What if we win against St Johnstone, draw with Betis, win against the Sheep, Livingston, Limassol but draw away to St Mirren do you bag him due to the draw?

I can see us going from international break to international break with the same questions being raised with the Board being indecisive in the answer.

The only way he claws back a bit of good will is by comfortably beating everyone in Scotland until we next play the filth, at which point we will be at most 4 points behind them. 
Any deviation from that will only ratchet up the pressure.

There is always the slim chance that the filth will drop more point before the next OF which would take a little pressure of him and put it on Rodgers.

Having said all that, I think most fans would be happy with an announcement today but I don’t think that will happen as the players seem to like him and we have no DoF in place to steer things currently.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The only way he claws back a bit of good will is by comfortably beating everyone in Scotland until we next play the filth, at which point we will be at most 4 points behind them. 

There is always the slim chance that the filth will drop more point before the next OF which would take a little pressure of him and put it on Rodgers.

Having said all that, I think most fans would be happy with an announcement today but I don’t think that will happen as the players seem to like him and we have no DoF in place to steer things currently.

I have never been less confident in a squad of players being able to go to the Piggery and get something. The lack of ability in our squad is matched by the lack of character.

46 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I think you're right about cost.

We could easily replace a guy with less than a year's managerial experience with a better candidate. No amount of squad gelling makes Lammers or Danilo take their chances yesterday.

The problem is most good managers are in jobs so we'd need to pay Beale and his team off and then pay compensation for a new manager and his team. The cup might be his saving grace and if he loses in December vs them he's gone.

40 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Absolute criminal amounts of money spent on our forward line to see it regress. Colak is better than all our new forwards and Sakala is better than three of them, not that I'm saying they should've stayed but when you're spending that cash you'd hope that your strikers could at least make decent contact with their shots. 

Not being wide, genuine question, who are you saying is better than Sakala? I don’t know who I even think is the best of the 4 forwards. Probably Danilo or Lammers but I can’t really say anything positive about them either at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Its at the point now where any defeat or dropped points will be met with anger and wanting him sackednon the spot.

Same with Gio 

It's now at that stage we know he's a sacked manager walking, it's just a matter of time. He's not winning the league and I doubt he's even winning the league Cup.

He didnt have much in the bank after last season rightly or wrongly and when that happens you need to be almost flawless domestically 

This is it - he's a dead man walking. We've all seen it before and it never ends well. Best case scenario is an EFL job becomes available and he jumps before he's pushed. Can't see that happening though. It'll drag on for a bit before he finally goes in November or something. 

39 minutes ago, ayro said:

I don’t know if it was or is his priority but I think it will be accelerated now.

The problem is what level of involvement or style are the club looking at for the role as if it’s just a replacement for Wilson then personally it’s just another big salary that doesn’t help us to move forward.

He said he was talking to some candidates about the job about or month or so ago but was waiting until the transfer window closed before making any decision on whether to appoint one or not let alone who. 

It was quite clear Beale didn't want one and Bisgrove would've probably went along with it if things were going great. But it's clearly not now so I'll be expecting some sort of appointment very soon. Then depending on the performances and results along with the new Sporting Directors own judgement, a decision will be made on Beale going or not. 

For me, he ain't going in the next two weeks and Bisgrove ain't going to make the decision himself.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I am probably in the same opinion as that but recall being reluctant to press the button on GvB due to injuries etc and it was probably too late.

He’s in difficult territory as he was so vocal about justifying the new signings and how he knew them and spoke to them and largely they have been poor to the point that some are already benched to the point of being written off, I don’t see how he turns that around.

This doesn't need to drag on. It's obvious how this will end. If the board act now,we can save the season. And yes I'm pissed off of a very very small minority of people trying to defend him. Ffs it's so obvious he has to go.

And yes there are an awful lot of managers available out there that will instantly be an upgrade on beale.

As for the point of being only 4 League games in, he's had almost a year with no improvement.

Gio beat psv last year, yet people act like it was mission impossible for this Rangers team to beat them. It wouldn't have been if peter bosz or any competent manager had been in our dugout.

Wanting to keep beale is a losers attitude and asking for mediocrity. We as a club don't owe him any time.

Do what's right and do it quick for once Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Its at the point now where any defeat or dropped points will be met with anger and wanting him sackednon the spot.

Same with Gio 

It's now at that stage we know he's a sacked manager walking, it's just a matter of time. He's not winning the league and I doubt he's even winning the league Cup.

He didnt have much in the bank after last season rightly or wrongly and when that happens you need to be almost flawless domestically 

Yep and GvB had a lot more credit in the bank than MB does.

I and loads of others on here were confident we would give them a doing at Ibrox, partly because they are shit and have a big injury list right now, but partly because we trusted Beale when he said we'd be going for it. Now I look back I dont know where my confidence came from because we have been utter shit so far this season and a draw with PSV or a win against Ross County cant hide that, through all the friendlies pre season and then into the league campaign and CL qualifyers we have been terrible. This misplaced trust is what the board have seen when giving him the job, he can talk a good game but hes your usual cockney car salesman all mouth, the board have been conned and we as a support have been conned. The sooner he leaves the better.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He said he was talking to some candidates about the job about or month or so ago but was waiting until the transfer window closed before making any decision on whether to appoint one or not let alone who. 

It was quite clear Beale didn't want one and Bisgrove would've probably went along with it if things were going great. But it's clearly not now so I'll be expecting some sort of appointment very soon. Then depending on the performances and results along with the new Sporting Directors own judgement, a decision will be made on Beale going or not. 

For me, he ain't going in the next two weeks and Bisgrove ain't going to make the decision himself.

Rightly or wrongly I don’t think he’s going anywhere until the October international break unless we absolutely shit the bed and get beat by Livingston in the LC.

9 minutes ago, ayro said:

Yep and GvB had a lot more credit in the bank than MB does.

This season is more like Caixinha than Gio. We're a stuttering mess with 0 system and the new signings look fucking awful and genuinely lost apart from Butland. It's akin to Pena, Herrera and Dalcio. The regression is that bad, we're fucking terrible and sore on the eye to boot.

At least Gio brought in a few ok signings in like Tillman and Colak that gave us optimism before it all fell apart. This season fell apart before it even started.

11 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Not being wide, genuine question, who are you saying is better than Sakala? I don’t know who I even think is the best of the 4 forwards. Probably Danilo or Lammers but I can’t really say anything positive about them either at the moment. 

I think because I view Sakala as a wide forward and not a straight striker - Sima for me just edges, but tbh you've made a good point and totally up for debate! Either way, we've stood still and gone backwards in many places. 

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

This season is more like Caixinha than Gio. We're a stuttering mess with 0 system and the new signings look fucking awful and genuinely lost apart from Butland. It's akin to Pena, Herrera and Dalcio.

At least Gio brought in a few ok signings in like Tillman and Colak that gave us optimism before it all fell apart. This season fell apart before it started.

I’m hoping someone else comes in and the players can play in a system that suits them, still feel it’s a wee bit early to write any them off but they’ll need to show something soon. 

6 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

This season is more like Caixinha than Gio. We're a stuttering mess with 0 system and the new signings look fucking awful and genuinely lost apart from Butland. It's akin to Pena, Herrera and Dalcio. The regression is that bad, we're fucking terrible and sore on the eye to boot.

At least Gio brought in a few ok signings in like Tillman and Colak that gave us optimism before it all fell apart. This season fell apart before it even started.

I know what you are saying but I genuinely think our signings are a wee bit better than Peña, Herrera and Dalcio. Although saying that I honestly can’t see it with Dessers despite some people on these forums suggesting he is doing a lot of good things.

3 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Beale is 100% in the Pedro and Mitty category. Way out his depth. Delusional. Lost all confidence. Fans know it. Players know it. He knows it.

Board will sit on hands….

The board are in a tough situation here imo. 

The fans want beale gone but the board will also be aware how knee jerk they will look to potential new managers if they sack him right now. 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m hoping someone else comes in and the players can play in a system that suits them, still feel it’s a wee bit early to write any them off but they’ll need to show something soon. 

I said on here yesterday that some of the signings mentioned about Beale selling them how they fit into the system and how they would play etc.

What in the actual fuck was/is it? :lol: