Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

How've I fucked it mate? Are you hearing yourself? I said whatever was said didn't merit such a reaction.

A guy said words, you think that deserves hands?

😂 Go to bed.

Aye ok, you're the one advocating abusing our players when they're out signing shirts. Taig behaviour.

EDIT - And aye I'm 100% advocating for it, if you want to mouth off to people then you can't cry that he's hit you for it after.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Aye ok, you're the one advocating abusing our players when they're out signing shirts. Taig behaviour.

You're advocating physically assaulting someone over some words mate 🤨 sounds quite taigish to me.

@J-Maestro I'll concede that shouldn't be advocating for people to abuse players, wasn't how that was intended to come across. 

My point was more, fans pay their money, it can be a slog at times, can feel hard done by, that's part and parcel of this game, and can vent their opinions, not always in the best of ways sure.

But players can't be trying to assault their own supporters for words mate, that is utterly fucking cringe. I was trying to get across that the way to shut anyone up in football is winning trophies and being individually brilliant within that.

Then no one can say anything.

Getting offended over hurty words. 

No our style man. 

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

@J-Maestro I'll concede that shouldn't be advocating for people to abuse players, wasn't how that was intended to come across. 

My point was more, fans pay their money, it can be a slog at times, can feel hard done by, that's part and parcel of this game, and can vent their opinions, not always in the best of ways sure.

But players can't be trying to assault their own supporters for words mate, that is utterly fucking cringe. I was trying to get across that the way to shut anyone up in football is winning trophies and being individually brilliant within that.

Then no one can say anything.

Getting offended over hurty words. 

No our style man. 

I get what you're saying and I've not much problem with it in the stadium within reason. There's a time and a place for it and it certainly wasn't then.

There's absolutely a few things you can say to anyone that would cause the person to retaliate and it's different for everyone. I've no sympathy for the fan at all. I want Borna gone in the Summer(and did before) but they've obviously said something bad enough to set him off.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I get what you're saying and I've not much problem with it in the stadium within reason. There's a time and a place for it and it certainly wasn't then.

There's absolutely a few things you can say to anyone that would cause the person to retaliate and it's different for everyone. I've no sympathy for the fan at all. I want Borna gone in the Summer(and did before) but they've obviously said something bad enough to set him off.

End of the day mate, you can't put hands on someone (legally) for talking about your mum, sister, brother, mrs, calling ye shite, even hate slurs.

I'm sure most of us would want to. But not if we were a professional footballer, for Rangers FC outside of Ibrox stadium with cameras all around.

I get what you're saying, the fan's a dick there because it's outside the ground and he's calling him shite or whatever, but that reaction ain't it.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The club should just put the barriers further from the players so you can’t get near them. It’s embarrassing the way people act. 

Instead, the club should put on more signing events at kit launches / at NEH pre and post match etc and coordinate this better.

That actually makes sense tbf, but it'd be shite for the kids and stuff that just want to catch a glimpse in and out of the game.

6 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

theres a summary from someone who was there 

Aye no justification for a professional footballer lifting their hands to a fan there still.

Guys sound like melters but clearly Borna is a bit of a delicate soul. Was it not Barisic that had a bit of a confrontation as he was about to take a free kick recently in one of our games with an opposition fan? Think it might have been away to St Mirren the other week. The commentary even acknowledged it happening and it was some fat old guy with glasses just shouting towards him as he was preparing to take the free kick 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Some of our fans are fucking reprobates man.

Players are taking time to sign autographs and take pictures, bit of common courtesy is all that’s required. 

8 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

How's the fan an arsehole?

We've put up with no end of loser pish from the core of this squad, for years now.

People pay good money to come and watch the guff that gets served up, through nothing more than loyalty.

People are allowed to voice that opinion, people are allowed to call him shite, people are allowed to say something he might not like.

However it's often expected that players doesn't lash out at their own supporters and the people that effectively pay their wages.

I'm sick of these players thinking they are better than or worth more than our fucking supporters, when they have done nothing to back it up.

If they'd won loads of trophies, that's what you shut people up with, you don't try and square go your own, Infront of bloody everyone.

I guess the supporter is lucky that it wasn't in a dark alley though, or Borna would've knocked him out in three seconds flat...

May I present exhibit 1.A.