Dessers

BigBearButt

49 minutes ago, Bydo said:

It’s too easy to throw those names about when we are all fed up.

Its like the roasters that always say “I’ve been watching Rangers for 50 years and this is the worst team I’ve ever seen blah blah blah.”

All reactionary nonsense.

I agree and my tongue is to an extent in cheek.

Assess it pound for pound though. When you look at the financial outlay to bring him to the club, he is right up there with the worst we've had.

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

Think it's fair to say he is the worst guy I've seen signed as our main striker (when in top flight). He has the odd nice bit of vision and pass, but really that's all I see in him.

Guys like Sebo were always secondary players.

Money wise he's a disaster. At least shite like Sadiq was a loan.

We were fleeced big time and will be paying this off for years no doubt.

1 hour ago, Kents_Hook said:

see if we actually played with a two up front instead of the 1, i guarantee you'll see a major difference in him

Aye, they'd be another striker to boot the ball against him in the hope it deflected into the net.

The season before last this guy scored 10 goals in the Europa Conference league. Whilst obviously the lower end of European competitions the opposition he scored against were no mugs.

1 goal against Union Berlin

4 goals against Slavia Prague

1 goal against Maccabi Haifa

2 goals against Partizan Belgrade

2 goals against Marseille

Averaged a goal every 76 minutes aswell which is phenomenal. Where the fuck is that player and who have we bought? 😂 

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The season before last this guy scored 10 goals in the Europa Conference league. Whilst obviously the lower end of European competitions the opposition he scored against were no mugs.

Averaged a goal every 76 minutes aswell which is phenomenal. Where the fuck is that player and who have we bought? 😂 

I went looking for these goals in a compilation on YouTube and I came across the video below. 

:lol: 

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

well lets face it, the team he played for actually had players that delivered balls into the box, wasn't afraid to take some shots at the goals and not just fanny about outside the box and hopelessly punting long balls up to nobody.

“Dessers is a very opportunistic player. If he’s not in form, or when the confidence is not there, he’s a very limited player. Then you think, ‘Who the hell did we sign here!’ But when the guy has confidence then you think, ‘Woah! Where is this coming from?’. Because when he’s playing at his best he does everything on instinct. He waits for his prey and then he attacks.”

“But, for me, he’s a player who, when he’s feeling comfortable and the manager believes in him, he can add a lot of value. But it all depends on if he’s feeling good. If he feels good he’ll give Rangers a lot of pleasure. But it can also go the other way.”

I’m not getting my hopes up, but let’s hope that the new manager can get his confidence up and make him feel comfortable enough so that he starts performing. :ang:

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

“Dessers is a very opportunistic player. If he’s not in form, or when the confidence is not there, he’s a very limited player. Then you think, ‘Who the hell did we sign here!’ But when the guy has confidence then you think, ‘Woah! Where is this coming from?’. Because when he’s playing at his best he does everything on instinct. He waits for his prey and then he attacks.”

“But, for me, he’s a player who, when he’s feeling comfortable and the manager believes in him, he can add a lot of value. But it all depends on if he’s feeling good. If he feels good he’ll give Rangers a lot of pleasure. But it can also go the other way.”

I’m not getting my hopes up, but let’s hope that the new manager can get his confidence up and make him feel comfortable enough so that he starts performing. :ang:

They were very ominous words, normally everyone is described as a world beater after signing. The basically said wtf did we sign lammers too didn't he

31 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

well lets face it, the team he played for actually had players that delivered balls into the box, wasn't afraid to take some shots at the goals and not just fanny about outside the box and hopelessly punting long balls up to nobody.

Aye cos Tav and Barisic never make crosses.

9 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who was it said that again, deBoer?

17 hours ago, Bydo said:

It’s too easy to throw those names about when we are all fed up.

Its like the roasters that always say “I’ve been watching Rangers for 50 years and this is the worst team I’ve ever seen blah blah blah.”

All reactionary nonsense.

Apart from 2012 until the Gerrard appointment, it has to be up there tbh.

Certainly the squad that I’ve as little faith / hope of winning the league in my lifetime.

Much worse calibre of players than Le Guen, and even McLeish’s 3rd season had a good core to build on.  

We saw Colak bang in goals from the start and still get pushed out. Who knows what goes in in a strikers mind or in training. All we can hope is he gets a spark and a few goals to kick start things. I have imagined Tav giving a penalty over to him out of pity... he'd have missed a penalty as well.