Dessers

BigBearButt

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

it’s only some peoples feeling we should care about 

Kl 👍

I honestly don't understand this response to my point. You expect opposition fans to boo you. You don't expect it from your own. 

I think Dessers is miles off it and the criticism of him has been justified, but 50,000 of your own booing you is different.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Well… basically aye.

Our players will get plenty of abuse from opposing fans without us adding to it too.

That’s a bit of a different take from the shite about hurting peoples feelings in this day and age but only certain peoples feelings lol 

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Sizeable chunk, but not most.

Individual booing of your own player is very, very rare. It's 100% horrible to single out someone like that. Grown man, yip. Human being, yip.

I'm sure in this day and age we can recognise how thoroughly shite it must feel for someone to be isolated like that and made to feel like everyone hates you. We seem to have this idea that footballers should be special and not be mentally affected by something that would obviously affect the majority of folk. Folk should really have a think. 

He actually got booed getting subbed on at St Mirren too which was over the line I thought.

No arguing Dessars has been pretty shite and I get the frustration but booing and shouting abuse at an individual lacking in confidence only makes matters worse.

When the team loses I don’t like hearing it either, well that was until this season.

It felt to me that some of the players just didn’t get what’s expected of them playing for Rangers, never more so when they walked round the park applauding any of us who remained, it felt like a few of them believed we only stayed behind to appreciate the effort they put in, that might have been acceptable at one or two of their previous clubs but they deserved be told in no uncertain terms what’s acceptable and what isn’t at Ibrox.

21 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

No arguing Dessars has been pretty shite and I get the frustration but booing and shouting abuse at an individual lacking in confidence only makes matters worse.

When the team loses I don’t like hearing it either, well that was until this season.

It felt to me that some of the players just didn’t get what’s expected of them playing for Rangers, never more so when they walked round the park applauding any of us who remained, it felt like a few of them believed we only stayed behind to appreciate the effort they put in, that might have been acceptable at one or two of their previous clubs but they deserved be told in no uncertain terms what’s acceptable and what isn’t at Ibrox.

Good post mate ..... Hopefully the team now get into a winning state of mind after a very good all round performance yesterday .... Dessers was unlucky not to score more and his overall performance was much more acceptable too.

Onwards and upwards.

🇬🇧

I think if you don’t want boo’d you should perform on the pitch, If you can’t perform on the pitch because booing puts too much pressure on you then you’re not a player for us.

Personally not a big fan of booing our own but people pay their money to watch the team and can do whatever the fuck they like.

There’s a weight of expectation here, the sooner players understand that the better.

Hopefully his goal the other day and being on the receiving end of the good side of the support will make him keep his finger out his arse.

4 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

sent off?? also hibs player should have  been sent off and a penalty at the death for deliberate push on Raskin

Its stopping a goal scoring opportunity so yes unless this rule doesn’t apply if a goal goes in right after it.

I thought Raskin should have squared it for Sima’s hatrick and it was his indecision that lead to the chance being wasted but I’d need to see the push again.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Its stopping a goal scoring opportunity so yes unless this rule doesn’t apply if a goal goes in right after it.

I thought Raskin should have squared it for Sima’s hatrick and it was his indecision that lead to the chance being wasted but I’d need to see the push again.

ye not sure about sending off and a goal - was defo a push on Raskin

See this he's not got his fitness yet shite, get it to fuck,  we are well in now and the manager has publicly stated he's not playing players who are not fit, I want him to succeed but it's gone a bit off because he's been fucking shite, hopefully he pushes on now but he's fit to play ffs.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

See this he's not got his fitness yet shite, get it to fuck,  we are well in now and the manager has publicly stated he's not playing players who are not fit, I want him to succeed but it's gone a bit off because he's been fucking shite, hopefully he pushes on now but he's fit to play ffs.

I never seen any issues with his fitness, he worked very hard at trying to press opposition defenders and goalkeepers down mainly on his own due to the system we played. Saturday was the first time we played a proper pressing game.

That goal he scored is his special move. When he's got half an hour to tee up a shot he'll place it beautifully. But that's it, that's all he's got. 

And what use is that playing for Rangers? It's basically what happened at the weekend, end of a domestic game when the team are knackered and he finally gets the time he needs to tee up one of those shots in the box. 

4.5 million for a guy to turn up at the end of a game we've already won to add a cherry on the top with an extra goal. 

We could've afforded that kind of luxury in years gone by when we were buying top level players, but not at the present. Horrendous waste of money. 

8 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

That goal he scored is his special move. When he's got half an hour to tee up a shot he'll place it beautifully. But that's it, that's all he's got. 

And what use is that playing for Rangers? It's basically what happened at the weekend, end of a domestic game when the team are knackered and he finally gets the time he needs to tee up one of those shots in the box. 

4.5 million for a guy to turn up at the end of a game we've already won to add a cherry on the top with an extra goal. 

We could've afforded that kind of luxury in years gone by when we were buying top level players, but not at the present. Horrendous waste of money. 

I do agree.

You get some players who are instinctive and f*ck up when they get too much time to think.

Dessers seems the opposite. He needs the time to think and is useless if he doesn't get it.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I do agree.

You get some players who are instinctive and f*ck up when they get too much time to think.

Dessers seems the opposite. He needs the time to think and is useless if he doesn't get it.

Morelos and Fashion spring to mind when thinking about more instinctive finishers.

The more time they had, the worse they appeared to be. 

I hope Dessers comes good, but he doesn't appear to have many of the tools required to be a success in Scottish football, apart from perhaps his physique, which he doesn't use to his advantage. 

18 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Same people don't seem to understand how fitness works. He played 30 games last season and has played 15 this season after 3 months of the season. Why would he not be fit?

The same people who were giving Morelos a pass for not being fit in November because he only returned from injury in July.

It doesn't take half a year to get fit.