Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

It's the there is always a reason to discredit what he's done syndrome.

Common with players that the forum has turned on.

He was referring to my post, and I haven't "turned on" Dessers. I have said on here over the past 24 hours he often deserves criticism but he also deserves huge credit for that finish.

Seems like you've gone too far the other way though, because he scored that goal, any criticism must now be irrational.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No really, no.

Is it really? He has 5 goals more than Colak 17 more games, it’s hardly class.

Morelos came in as a 20 year old, who couldn’t speak the language, and was a complete bastard, who almost single handedly carried us at points, that’s why he’s a cult hero.

That's why people liked him, more attitude over performance with him

He had a better team around him, more settled squad with arguably better players in their prime at Rangers.

He also cost us big games with his attitude, missed chances and eventually left us on a free after a shocking season.

I'm not saying Dessers is the best thing since Ally but fuck me the amount of abuse he gets is borderline ridiculous. 

21 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

He was referring to my post, and I haven't "turned on" Dessers. I have said on here over the past 24 hours he often deserves criticism but he also deserves huge credit for that finish.

Seems like you've gone too far the other way though, because he scored that goal, any criticism must now be irrational.

Have I? I've said numerous times I'd rather have Shankland. :lol:

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I wonder if it's going to turn around this season for Dessers.

I wonder if in 9 months time we will be talking about his goals and either how do we keep him or what big offer we accept for him

I think if he hadn't had such a shocking start to last season a lot of the chat wouldn't be there. That's on Beale as he was clearly unfit and Danilo was ready.

8 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Nah there was one right in the middle, right in front of goal, straight at the keeper. Don't recall when it was and didn't see a replay tbf

The one you quoted was a decent effort

Flag was up for offside.  Not that he knew that - was a poor header.  

5 hours ago, The Beast said:

I wonder if it's going to turn around this season for Dessers.

I wonder if in 9 months time we will be talking about his goals and either how do we keep him or what big offer we accept for him

We’ll I won’t mind that debate if he has helped fired us to a treble, unfortunately with him as our no9 I just don’t see it happening though. 

13 hours ago, rossco87 said:

Kind of missing the point that Dessers creates many of his chances with his runs and timing but then misses them because of his finishing.

As a team we create very few clear cut chances for our CF (especially considering how much we dominate most games) so it is all very well saying “Shankland would have buried that” but it misses the point would he have been in the position in the first place?

Take the attempted lob Dessers misses against Hearts. He times the run very well and his first touch to control the pass is good, I am not sure Shankland makes that run and / or takes that touch.

That being said Shankland (or another striker) might link up play better, give us more of an option in behind with pace, or be more of a target for cross balls.

Define clear cut in terms of chances? 

7 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Last year Dessers had to rely on service from wright matando mccausland perhaps with better service from jefte and cerny he goes from strength to strength bangs in 50 goals and we win the lot.  Could happen.

And with that service he was still getting plenty of chances, there's a good argument for saying that every goal he scored he probably missed two very good chances over the course of the season

Dessers had more than enough chances last season

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Single handedly absolute fucked us with daft red cards, poor reliability / fitness / discipline and an inability to finish too.

Dessers is absolutely fine as a 2nd choice / battling it out with another striker. Hopefully Danilo is that man. 

Yes, I don’t disagree. 

9 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Last year Dessers had to rely on service from wright matando mccausland perhaps with better service from jefte and cerny he goes from strength to strength bangs in 50 goals and we win the lot.  Could happen.

😂

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

After witnessing Mark Hateley's first season you just never know .

I remember him tripping on top of ball and some of his link play and finishing was beyond awful, mind me going crazy as Ally on bench, if social media was around then wow ( mind you Ally when he started out would never have survived either) 🤣