Expectations for the rest of the season

I think a lot of this depends on when we get a new manager in.

It's hard to tell at the moment if the poor performances were down to Beale mashing the squads confidence with his demeanour and tactics, how much of a factor injuries have been, whether players wanted him sacked or whether the majority of our signings are just guff.

It's likely a bit of all of the above but I think the signings we have made look really poor. Coupled with the fact key players like Tav and Goldson are in decline and our attacker with the most quality is always injured I'm really not expecting us to even win either cup under a new Manager.

It's a pretty awful thing to admit but I just can't see it with this squad. I've got no confidence in them at all.

What are everyone else's expectations for the rest of the season?

In an ideal world in the short term we: win the league cup, finish a minimum of 2nd in our Europa group (concerned this Thursday might scupper the good work done against Betis). We then have enough momentum going into the game at Parkhead that we might chip away at their lead. That would set us up nicely for the second half of the season, and a couple double would at least be on the cards. 

The reality is that without a new manager in place, I don't expect much from this squad beyond getting out of our Europa League group because they're at such a low point currently. 

I will stand by the point that Beale was a poor, inexperienced, manager who was never able to communicate his ideas properly during his time here. While I think we've signed some duds, he got nowhere near the best out of the players he had - with the exception of Cantwell, who probably had a bit of a personal point to prove as well. I think an experienced manager can easily change all that.

Win the LC

Finish at least 2nd in EL group

Don’t let the tarriers get further ahead and don’t lose at the Piggery.

Hopefully win EL knockout round.

Win the SC.

Beat the tarriers at home and give them a right run for the title.

In January the Board to ship out duds and deadwood either on loan or permanently and give the new manager a couple of quid to bring in some fresh players.

For the new manager, there needs to some substance and a defined style of play that ideally is on the attack with pace and aggression.

Some of the above may not materialise but if we don’t set out with high expectations then there was no point to sacking Beale.

18 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Win the league cup.

Qualify out of the europa group.

have a manager in that everyone can see is trying to play a certain way, whether that’s counter attacking off of a solid base, or an all out attack style I don’t care, I just want to see some for of progression and a style like we seen under gerrard, you could see he was trying to do something.

we need to not let the gap get bigger to the fenians and if a new manager gets us firing we will be in with a chance as they’ll defo drop points. 

we need more width and pace in the side so hopefully through either youth till January or it is addressed in January.

im more positive than I was on Saturday night 

Agree with all of this.

Still plenty to play for.

Hard as it will be we need to concentrate on Rangers and not be looking at or comparing ourselves with the bheasts.

Appoint the right manager (no idea who) and back him and give him this season.

Accept the league is done and build for next season.

If by any chance we put a long run together and they have a bad spell in the league that would be a bonus.

Cups would be nice but at the moment with this squad would be an achievement. 

My expectations are low, for the general apathy towards demanding success everywhere at the club, but mainly because of the players we already have, and the prospect of employing another manager unable to get more from them.

There's not liking or understanding what's being asked of you, even with good reason, and there's what we saw at the weekend. Right now it feels like it will be pure luck that finds us a good coach, tactician and man-manager, one who this team will respect and not down tools when it gets uncomfortable.

Winning the league cup is a non negotiable. Absolutely has to happen.

Qualifying through the Europa group and trying to  claw back to within respectable distance in the league. Naturally I would want to win the SC but wouldn't be priority compared to the other trophies at present.

The league isn't over.

At 55 we won the title by 25 points iirc.

It really depends who the new manager is.  If this board have the brass neck to appoint Lampard the season will be a write off, the vitriol from the fans will be off the charts.

If we appoint a class manager with proper talented backroom staff that can get the best out of this group, we should expect to haul ourselves into a title race and get out our Europa group.

I have low expectations. The quality of a large portion the squad is poor with a mind set that crumbles when the pressure is on. I don't think the best manager in the world could change that with in our squad. To my mind, it is a personel thing and we need to get the right people in and get the wrong people out. It will take time to shift people on and our first chance is January.

Thinking positively I'd like to think someone else can get something out of these players . Yes , I know . However , they have come from pretty good teams so you've got to think they have something somewhere. 

The League Cup is a must - we've got a golden opportunity for that with only 2 games to play . 

Get a result tomorrow and you've got to fancy our chances of progressing in Europe with two more home games . 

The Scottish Cup is always an opportunity and if the new manager can get a run , who knows . 

That leaves the league . A good result at p......d and the unthinkable could be thinkable . As I said , thinking  positively . 

Minimum I'm expecting  - LC winners , next round in Europe and a visible improvement as the season moves on . 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Win the league cup.

Qualify out of the europa group.

have a manager in that everyone can see is trying to play a certain way, whether that’s counter attacking off of a solid base, or an all out attack style I don’t care, I just want to see some for of progression and a style like we seen under gerrard, you could see he was trying to do something.

we need to not let the gap get bigger to the fenians and if a new manager gets us firing we will be in with a chance as they’ll defo drop points. 

we need more width and pace in the side so hopefully through either youth till January or it is addressed in January.

im more positive than I was on Saturday night 

I dont think the league is over yet. We have made the decision in time to change it. We HAVE to get the right man in, though, and he has to get it right from the off.