Lundstram

GA1972

41 minutes ago, Finny said:

Ffs I thought he just had his ban. I'm floored with the lurgy but thinking back now I can't remember the last time I seen him play. 

He was wearing a protective boot when he came on to the pitch at the weekend at full time so doesn't look good

Gutted if Lundstram is out for a month or so. He has been back to his best since Clement came in.

He isn't a player with much injury history. It was an awful tackle on him and tbh, we are lucky he isn't out for the season. It was a potential ankle breaker.

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

Gutted if Lundstram is out for a month or so. He has been back to his best since Clement came in.

He isn't a player with much injury history. It was an awful tackle on him and tbh, we are lucky he isn't out for the season. It was a potential ankle breaker.

Had issues with his ankle last season that he played through.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It was an example of the ref being an absolute shitebag and not giving the correct call originally. VAR isn’t a fallback option for officials to just hope they step in despite 46,000 people in the stadium knowing it was a red. 

I'm not convinced that ref's aren't instructed to take the safe option knowing that VAR will assist. Probably not a bad thing either when you think about it, despite the frustrations it can sometimes bring to the watching fans.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

After giving a yellow when everyone in the stadium knew it was a red

I'm convinced they're instructed to play it safe and let VAR intervene. Correct decision in the end but doesn't help us going forward.

I take it you've came round to Lundstram after disagreeing a few weeks ago when I said he was excellent? He does the defensive work which is often ignored but the most important in the team IMO.

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm convinced they're instructed to play it safe and let VAR intervene. Correct decision in the end but doesn't help us going forward.

I take it you've came round to Lundstram after disagreeing a few weeks ago when I said he was excellent? He does the defensive work which is often ignored but the most important in the team IMO.

I can’t remember the context but yes, he has been very good recently.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Said at the time it was a red instantly, when people started cheering when it was “corrected” I was going mental, I don’t mind if you see something and it’s been a fly elbow that’s been missed or a stamp after the fact but how he seen that and thought, oh unlucky just missed taking the ball cleanly, yellow card.

absolutely fucking pathetic decision from the ref.

hes not gave the red because its us. That lots “campaigning” is making them second guess even the most fucking obvious of decisions. 

even the var check for potential offside on the goal :lol:wtf man 

A lengthy VAR check to confirm the penalty too. Baffling given how clear and obvious it was. The St Johnstone keeper even flings his arms up and apologises knowing it’s a stonewaller