*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

Overall disappointing not to close the gap but if you had told me on Saturday morning we would draw and wouldn’t be any further behind in the league I would probably have taken that.

I thought we played some decent football in spells but had too many players didn’t show up.

Sima was back to his early season form and contributed very little, Matondo made a difference when he came on and I think it would have been a different game if he had been on at half time.

Cantwell was pretty anonymous and Danilo struggled to find space when they packed the defence and he doesn’t have the physicality to make space for himself.

Unusually it wasn’t Borna’s desire that let him down today but his decision making was woeful and killed our attack.

I have had it with Lammers now. I was making a case for him that he could still turn it around (can see he has technique) but too often makes the wrong decision or just totally fucks it.

Lammers is pish but harsh to bring him in to your post mate as he didn't have a lot of time today. If he catches his header less well at the end he's a hero. Fine margins.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Sick of reading this nonsense frankly. Who cares if they drop points we don't have the players capable of putting any real pressure on them. 

Anybody believing otherwise is wired to the moon. 

Clement needs to be ruthless or these players will get him sacked 

We need a fuckin clearout nothing has changed. 

Very disappointing.

We should have done better.

Some of our finishing was shocking.

Crosses into the box and only one player there a few times.

On a positive note, Lawrence had a good game and was unfortunate not to score. Cifuentes probably had his best performance in a Rangers jersey. Some fantastic passes.

Overall though, usual chance to catch up on the filth when they drop points wasted. How many fucking times?

2 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Glad I was watching on RTV...Tom might not be the greatest, but I'll sooner always listen to him over that shower of a*seholes. 

No contest. RTV well worth the price not to have to listen to that bunch of balloons.

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

How do you know I have a poodle?

Wee bit of stalking going on, creep.

Thanks for digging out a post from 2 weeks ago regarding another game, try staying on topic and while you are doing that maybe educate yourself with a bit of grammar and punctuation.

it’s aero

We were shite today and fucked it but can't believe there's posters saying we probably "deserved" the draw :lol:

We deserved to win that game hands down regardless of our overall performance, we had numerous chances, they had about 3.

They are agricultural at best, howling to watch, ball in the air as much as possible. 

Again, we were pish but deserved to win that.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We actually had quite a few ideas about how to get through their two lines of defence. Watch it back. The floating balls over the defence for the striker/wide players to run onto are quite effective, but it just wast working for Dani today. Our problem, really, is dealing with these type of games. Our opposition today was very aggressive and we need someone in the middle of the park alongside Lundstram, who likes it, with the same mentality. They also need to be able to play, of course.

Was also one of those days that every time the ball deflected around their penalty box it fell to one of their players.

With the amount of touches and deflections / blocks around their penalty box you would hope at least one of them falls to us.

I agree we lack physicality but I actually thought Cifuentes looked better second half and showed some physicality. I think we need more physical presence up front. Both in terms of winning headers from crosses and also moving defenders around during build up.

Butland - Class 

Borna - pish. Would sell him at first opportunity for 50p and a pound of grapes

Goldson - loser mentality

Balogun - too old

Tav - genuinely can’t figure out if he is a positive or a negative. But he has been captain of a lot of losing Rangers teams 

Cantwell - Number 10 behind the striker or on the bench… his first half dive was embarrassing 

Lundstram  - felt he was okay today but needs someone beside him 

Cifu - miles off it

Lawrence  - probably our best player but needs match fitness 

Danilo - did ok but isolated much of the match  

Sima - gone way off the boil under the new manager, very weird  

10 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We were lucky the gap stays the same. Now Philippe knows what players we need shot of. Pissed off that we did not win but the Sheep predictably raised their game.

Will need to hope he does.

Not sure they raised theirs over us severely lowering ours to be honest. We were absolutely dire and shat the bed imo.