*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The commentatory on Sky TV were going on about wether Goldson could have scored after the shirt pull.

The rules are very clear. A shirt pull in the penalty area is an automatic penalty and yellow card minimum.

Goldson could have been tyiing his shoe llaces and had his shirt pulled. Still a penalty!!!

Their bullshit about wether Goldson could have met the ball is irrelevant.

The mental gymnastics is laughable mutton wanting a supposed barge included which doesn't even apply is typical of the look over there .

Good to hear Boydy put the cunt right regarding Johnston yesterday 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Matondo, Lammers and McCausland being the best we could muster up from the bench when still behind speaks volumes about how awful our squad depth is btw 

Imagine we'd spent 15 million on good players in the summer...

4 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

The mental gymnastics is laughable mutton wanting a supposed barge included which doesn't even apply is typical of the look over there .

Good to hear Boydy put the cunt right regarding Johnston yesterday 

You'd expect them to know the rules and not make their bias blatantly obvious.

2 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Big Phil will hopefully have learnt a lot from today. The main thing being that Cifuentes is NOT the answer - unless the question is "who is Rangers least effective midfielder?"

Laziest bastard I have seen in a Rangers kit…..and I have seen many over the years ☹️

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

We dominated large spells of tht game, and missed alot of good chances at Pittodrie, I don't see how at Hampden its anything other than a comfortable 2 or 3 nil

That’s the point. We never won, that’s all that mattered.

Just now, Nk89 said:

Plus, we have came out of a difficult fixture and haven't lost any ground. If we can be in the same position or better by the 30th, it's game on

Wow

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I just hope they can cope with the cup final. So many of our players cannot cope with being favourites to win a game. 

The sheep will once again be up for the game since they are playing us, I doubt Phil will agree that they lift their game against us in an interview, but this will have been a good lesson for him to see it with his own eyes.

It's brutal how many of our players crumple being favorites. 

Hopefully they can turn up on the day for the cup final.

I think today but has surley showing Clement that major changes are needed longer term.

I like Cifuentes, but I want to see him be more adventurous. He clearly has the skill to be more direct, but he always plays the easy pass, usually to Lundstram. It should be the other way around.

Maybe it is a confidence thing, and he is still trying to find his feet, but he needs to be braver on the ball.

I don't think he is lazy. He won the ball back twice when backtracking and getting goal side of the forward.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

It's brutal how many of our players crumple being favorites. 

Hopefully they can turn up on the day for the cup final.

I think today but has surley showing Clement that major changes are needed longer term.

Clement knows major changes are needed and has said as much, I genuinely think this man will lead us to glory. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I like Cifuentes, but I want to see him be more adventurous. He clearly has the skill to be more direct, but he always plays the easy pass, usually to Lundstram. It should be the other way around.

Maybe it is a confidence thing, and he is still trying to find his feet, but he needs to be braver on the ball.

I don't think he is lazy. He won the ball back twice when backtracking and getting goal side of the forward.

Honestly thought he looked utter dog shit. He shat out of tackles, barely moved, rarely showed for the ball, and when he did get it he didn't really impact the game in any way at all. He looked like he didn't want to be there.  We'd have been more effective with Lammers in the middle of the park. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Honestly thought he looked utter dog shit. He shat out of tackles, barely moved, rarely showed for the ball, and when he did get it he didn't really impact the game in any way at all. He looked like he didn't want to be there.  We'd have been more effective with Lammers in the middle of the park. 

He got man of the match and Clement obviously thought he played well to keep him on. So did I.

But like I tried to say, he can do more

30 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Fuck off man! Based on today's game how can you say tht? 

It’s not just based on today’s game :lol: Based on 5/6 years of the usual suspects bottling it in big games I think they’ll do the same on the 17th. They have a demonstrable track record of failure. 

56 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Because he can't be arsed going over to the opposite side to take an inswinger then having to saunter back to his position after. Hence why he doesn't take the same amount.

One of the thickest things I've ever read

No surprise who said it

7 minutes ago, 285miles said:

Worrying thing for me is that we’re still over reliant on Tav for goals, assists etc.

we need a peak Morelos striker, summer recruitment was meant to sort that out :headwall:

I don’t think we did much to help Danilo today. Long balls and crosses are not his strength. He made a couple of nice half chances for himself but we didn’t do much from open play to put something on a plate for him. 

3 minutes ago, Arfield Salute said:

I don’t think we did much to help Danilo today. Long balls and crosses are not his strength. He made a couple of nice half chances for himself but we didn’t do much from open play to put something on a plate for him. 

Crosses you say? What crosses?

8 minutes ago, Arfield Salute said:

I think he needs a second striker to play off