"Serial Losers"

The Ibrox Derry

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

But I don’t think it has been that much lower in quality than our main opposition since 2018. That’s the main point I am trying to make . We have outperformed them in Europe in just about every season in the same timescale so why have we failed to match them on the domestic front ? Why are we the ones who always seem to be playing catch up in the league  ?

I think the other clubs in Scotland have lost the fear of us due to what happened and the lack of trophies keeps feeding into their mentality.

It also works the other way where we have to win trophies on a consistent basis which means repeatedly wiping the floor with the dross in Scotland and putting the scum back in their place and this then feeds into our psyche.

I think Phil has the signs of being a winner and after so many false dawns we will actually start to accumulate silverware again. 

25 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

But I don’t think it has been that much lower in quality than our main opposition since 2018. That’s the main point I am trying to make . We have outperformed them in Europe in just about every season in the same timescale so why have we failed to match them on the domestic front ? Why are we the ones who always seem to be playing catch up in the league  ?

Unfortunately, I think we’ve been at least a level below them for some time. If you want to talk about Europe, while we’ve had some excellent runs, Seville in particular, when we competed in the same competition as them last season we were the worst team ever in the competition, in one season.

24 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We've been built to be a decent counter attacking side, which works in Europe when teams are on top and attack you.

It's completely pointless domestically when teams sit in.

celtic on the other hand are set up to press and attack teams, which works domestically and not in Europe.

27 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Winning the league cup is huge, if we can't win that then the game really is a bogey for this squad

Get the first silverware on the board and somehow get to the winter break still in touching distance, we then have to get some new faces in to boost the quality 

All is not well over in the east end either, 3 draws and they got away with another at fir park not so long back, let's not be fooled into thinking they are great

Sundays game was always going to pan out the way it did.....we all knew the minute the got humped against that mob that they would come out against us fired up to fuck, the issue for me is our players knew this would be the case also but failed to rise to that challenge....that for me is where our mentality stinks

This is where I'm at, The League Cup is massive, failure will turn me against each and every one who appears at Hampden that day.

Will be final straw.

49 minutes ago, left winger said:

Unfortunately, I think we’ve been at least a level below them for some time. If you want to talk about Europe, while we’ve had some excellent runs, Seville in particular, when we competed in the same competition as them last season we were the worst team ever in the competition, in one season.

So you think the gap between us both since 2018 has been big enough to justify them winning 3 trebles and a double in that timescale to our two trophies ? The squads we have had in that timeframe weren’t at least capable of delivering a few more domestic cups or even another title ?

36 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Winning the league cup is huge, if we can't win that then the game really is a bogey for this squad

Get the first silverware on the board and somehow get to the winter break still in touching distance, we then have to get some new faces in to boost the quality 

All is not well over in the east end either, 3 draws and they got away with another at fir park not so long back, let's not be fooled into thinking they are great

Sundays game was always going to pan out the way it did.....we all knew the minute the got humped against that mob that they would come out against us fired up to fuck, the issue for me is our players knew this would be the case also but failed to rise to that challenge....that for me is where our mentality stinks

This 100%.

Tav and Goldson often get it in the neck more than others and a lot of it justified as they obviously have a dreadful trophy record, but for me I'm looking at the midfield - especially on Sunday. Lundstram, Cifuentes, Cantwell and Lawrence (first half) were dire and weak. Too often in these games we don't take our chances or create enough clear cut opportunities. In the past it was a functional element of the Gerrard teams, rather than the creative output and I think we still suffer from that.

Our midfield lacks stature, mobility, presence, grit and guile.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How many players of that quality were in the 04/05 side when Ross and Malcolm won it?

More a quality than mentality problem for me.

Ferguson, Prso, Moore, Boumsong, Klos, Buffel, Hutton, Lovenkrands

There were some v good players in that squad. Comfortably above the level we have now which allowed Ross and Malcolm to win trophies.

The current senior guys deserve flak but they’ve also regularly played alongside some poor quality players.

If you just added Ferguson and Prso to the current squad we would be streets ahead.

55 was the last season we regularly fielded a team and bench that had no weakness.

We lost the title the next season as much because we dropped points playing Itten, Diallo, Arfield etc in games 

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

More a quality than mentality problem for me.

Ferguson, Prso, Moore, Boumsong, Klos, Buffel, Hutton, Lovenkrands

There were some v good players in that squad. Comfortably above the level we have now which allowed Ross and Malcolm to win trophies.

The current senior guys deserve flak but they’ve also regularly played alongside some poor quality players.

If you just added Ferguson and Prso to the current squad we would be streets ahead.

55 was the last season we regularly fielded a team and bench that had no weakness.

We lost the title the next season as much because we dropped points playing Itten, Diallo, Arfield etc in games 

Ferguson played his first game in February, Buffel joined in the January, Boumsong left in January, Klos played his last game in January too iirc, Hutton played 10 league games.

Motherwell, Tarriers x2, Ross County, Dundee United away off the top of my head, 12 points dropped after Christmas that season, and I wouldn’t put the blame on it being down to the lack of quality in back up players, the regulars done the damage in those games

I said it on Sunday and I'll say it again today. While the defence clearly had lapses our biggest problem against the sheep was putting the ball in the back of the net. That's the fault of the players who are further forward. Yes Balogun missed 2 headers but we shouldn't be relying on a CB to do the scoring for us. 

Rangers fans have always had a mentality issue to be honest in that we are very rarely happy for long 😂

Seriously though we have gone from confidence before a ball was kicked, chucking the season a few games in, going to win the treble a few days ago to back to being shitebags. It has always been this way. When Walter took us to Manchester people actually started using the anti football line as they were complaining about the lack of entertainment. As a fan base we are a dour, miserable bunch of cunts 😂

21 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Rangers fans have always had a mentality issue to be honest in that we are very rarely happy for long 😂

Seriously though we have gone from confidence before a ball was kicked, chucking the season a few games in, going to win the treble a few days ago to back to being shitebags. It has always been this way. When Walter took us to Manchester people actually started using the anti football line as they were complaining about the lack of entertainment. As a fan base we are a dour, miserable bunch of cunts 😂

We are bipolar as fuck

2 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

So you think the gap between us both since 2018 has been big enough to justify them winning 3 trebles and a double in that timescale to our two trophies ? The squads we have had in that timeframe weren’t at least capable of delivering a few more domestic cups or even another title ?

I think the gap has been big enough for them to win appreciably more than us. My point, though, is that it’s not just down to Tav. He’s invariably the first to get it when things go wrong, yet over the piece he’s probably contributed more than any other player. 

23 minutes ago, left winger said:

I think the gap has been big enough for them to win appreciably more than us. My point, though, is that it’s not just down to Tav. He’s invariably the first to get it when things go wrong, yet over the piece he’s probably contributed more than any other player. 

Yeah agree that it isn’t all on Tav . He is the captain though so he is going to get that extra bit of attention and criticism over such things 

48 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Smiths team of the Manchester era and afterwards continuously answered the fans question and doubts by delivering trophies and titles on a consistent basis though. 

think of his last season . We were gubbed at Parkhead 3-0 at the beginning of March. Sure if you read back on here and any social media at the time there would have been doubts about the title destination being Ibrox that year. That team was able to regroup and dig itself out of that hole and land the league cup and produce a consistent end to the season that delivered a title 

Last season’s sqaud was more or less down and out after the 4-0 defeat at Parkhead about 5 games into the season and spent about 3 months in a tailspin after it 

These players have let the support down time and again. This squad of players don’t have it in them to win a title IMO. After Sunday I’m worried about the 17th as got a horrible feeling they’ll shite it again. 👎🏻

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Smiths team of the Manchester era and afterwards continuously answered the fans question and doubts by delivering trophies and titles on a consistent basis though. 

think of his last season . We were gubbed at Parkhead 3-0 at the beginning of March. Sure if you read back on here and any social media at the time there would have been doubts about the title destination being Ibrox that year. That team was able to regroup and dig itself out of that hole and land the league cup and produce a consistent end to the season that delivered a title 

Last season’s sqaud was more or less down and out after the 4-0 defeat at Parkhead about 5 games into the season and spent about 3 months in a tailspin after it 

That's my point, even when we are winning we are a bunch of miserable cunts 😂

Does nobody remember the whining about Psro's injury issues or Cooper's disappearing from matches or even Bassey not being good enough for a more recent example?

8 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

That's my point, even when we are winning we are a bunch of miserable cunts 

I think it’s a good thing . We are demanding because we are Rangers. The day we lose that and there isnt a bit of an inquest for dropped points to close the gap at Pittodrie amongst the support is when I will be extremely worried